Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 175 176 [177] 178 179 ... 782

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 863947 times)

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile

I went and got an eye exam last week. The new glasses came in today, and it seems that something messed up somewhere--the prescription is way too strong. Nothing is any clearer than it was before, but my depth perception is out of whack when I wear them (it feels less like actual depth perception and more like a 3D movie,) it takes forever for my eyes to refocus, and turning my head is super disorienting. I've just gone back to my old ones for now.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile

I want to eat something insanely decadent and unhealthy. Like, "Hamburger with stuffed pizza slices for buns" levels of heart disease. Sadly, no such food is forthcoming at four in the morning.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile

I want to eat something insanely decadent and unhealthy. Like, "Hamburger with stuffed pizza slices for buns" levels of heart disease. Sadly, no such food is forthcoming at four in the morning.
Wait, what? Where do all the drunks get gigantically packed kebabs early in the morning where you are?
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile

Presumably being wasted confers the ability to summon such foodstuffs at will.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile

Going to a hearing with a client in about an hour. There's vague hints in the air that my client might have lied to me about some facts regarding what has now become a lawsuit. Nnnnngh.

I mean, thats his problem and its him who'll suffer the consequences if he did lie, but I still have to deal with it since I'm his lawyer, and I'd rather deal with things to which I haven't been lied about.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile

I tried to fix a fault (that some say is planned obsolescence) in my PS3 controller. I did everything as instructed on the Internet by others who had the same problem, but it didn't work. At least I didn't break the controller any worse.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile

Cat just got on my lap and farted. :( :( :( :(
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

Bleh. Know, know so very very much you don't really have grounds to blame a dog for having shit owners. But it's getting increasingly difficult to remember that when dealing with this neurotic little bastard of a dog. I'd be tempted to strangle said owners, but most of the fault lies with its previous one and I think they're actually dead.

Am getting more tempted to start pushing for getting the thing through actual professional obedience training, though. Dog needs better behavior to keep from killing itself (or injuring its current owners -- it's a fairly small dog, but part of its lack of training involves being very insistent on pulling a leash if it's being walked, and it's enough to provide that extra little bit that can take an older person from standing to falling), and I'm becoming increasingly incapable of managing the will or the base physical effort to work it towards that. Also the only one involved with the capability to even try. Rest of the folks dealing with the damn thing are too old to do anything but make what efforts I'm managing less effective. Which means both not getting help and being actively (albeit unintentionally) undermined.

Getting to be a bit depressing. Other than the psych disorders and the complete lack of training, it doesn't really seem to be that bad of an animal as such things go, but those are enough this is starting to get rather intensely draining and the consequences of failure are good bit unpleasant. If absolutely nothing else, I'm pretty sure burying a dog right now would actually put me in need of a hospital. Limb or two's been giving me some trouble and there's even odds the effort would take it from "some trouble" to "get treatment or suffer permanent injury" :-\
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile

Some hobo smashed a hole in the bus stop shelter (it's mostly safety-glass panes) with a shopping cart. Still hasn't been repaired or even covered in plastic, three weeks later. Only freezing to death a little bit.

It's one of life's great cruelties that a metal thermos which keeps your drink hot is itself ice cold on the outside.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2017, 12:18:39 pm by itisnotlogical »
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile

What a fucking stupid hobo.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile

My beard has a hard time growing on my chin, while it has no problem growing under it. But at least it's very soft and pleasant to touch. It's somewhat ironical that I have troubles with growing the beard/moustache despite being hairy.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile

Literally received the instruction to just copy-paste another paper and "put it in my own words." Even though that doesn't fucking make sense, isn't the point of the assignment, we almost certainly will be called out and receive a shitty grade for it, and it's two versus me, and I've already annoyed the professor by having to change groups once because my original members dropped off the face of the Earth.

I nearly threw my phone out the window, this class has been unmitigated disaster start to finish.

At least missing and hitting the sill seems to have put a bent corner of the battery cover back in its place. Yay.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2017, 04:34:08 am by itisnotlogical »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile

Talk to the teacher.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile

Just finished the first season of Santa Clarita Diet, not realising that that's all there is so far.
No idea when there will be more episodes. I should have paced myself better, to savour it more... although I did watch it pretty slowly. Couple of episodes a day, that doesn't count as 'binge-watching', does it? Man I am keen for another season, that was unexpectedly excellent.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile

"Adam Jensen Does Safety Dance" video got copyright strike and is no more on Youtube. I also can't find the original VEVO video, the one with a dancing midget.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.
Pages: 1 ... 175 176 [177] 178 179 ... 782