Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 778

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 855389 times)

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
Re: Things that made you mildly sad today thread: hot animals edition
« Reply #480 on: March 26, 2016, 07:01:57 pm »

Welcome to my life.
Been there for a while i'm afraid, can't say i enjoy it. :v

also dangit i have to be all social and host-like tomorrow because we're hosting the EASTER LUNCHINGSTM in our house

It's not that i dislike the guests (well, one of them has an annoying habit of reprimanding me for accidentally burping or farting audibly in my own house), i just prefer that the people count around me is at or below 6-8. But that's the least of my problems; what's more pressing is that i'll most likely be assigned to entertain the two kids that come with their parents. At least they've picked up a taste for gaming, but as it stands, 99% of the games i own are ineligible due to either parental demands (their mother AKA my cousin doesn't want them playing violent/war games, while their father... Tried to get them to play World of Tanks), a lack of skill/manual dexterity (... they're still children) or the fact that they don't understand English at all. Those three in unison cover A LOT of games. Of course, i can naively hope that the older brother is starting to learn English in school, since he's much better at explaining to his younger brother what the hell's going on.

And, just to apply some delicious extra salt, daylight savings activates tonight, so i'll have an hour of sleep shaved off of my already precariously balanced day/night rhythm. >:I

Post scriptum addendum: Apparently Rayman Legends has a danish translation. I must now recommend this game to their parents. :v
« Last Edit: March 26, 2016, 07:17:24 pm by Shook »
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: March 26, 2016, 09:17:41 pm »

Wouldn't worry too much about the language for games.

Me and my sister grew up on English commodore 64 games, had plenty of fun and I think we both learned the majority of our English from them (and later PC games).

A lot of these older games didn't even have a tutorial to begin with, and there's something to be said for letting them figure stuff out for themselves.

That said you will probably want to start with something lighter than Dwarf Fortress.
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: March 27, 2016, 04:57:49 am »

Man I just feel terrible all the time

I am either sleepy, got a headache, or feeling nauseous.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: March 27, 2016, 03:55:17 pm »

I looked at my schedule this morning and realized that work started a whole hour earlier than I thought. Didn't get to eat, barely got to clean myself. About to start and it's sounding like the shit managers are here for the first bit of my shift.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #484 on: March 27, 2016, 05:57:18 pm »

Wouldn't worry too much about the language for games.

Me and my sister grew up on English commodore 64 games, had plenty of fun and I think we both learned the majority of our English from them (and later PC games).

A lot of these older games didn't even have a tutorial to begin with, and there's something to be said for letting them figure stuff out for themselves.

That said you will probably want to start with something lighter than Dwarf Fortress.
NONSENSE, if they start out with dorfing then no game will ever seem insurmountable again! But anyways, it's not so much that i'm worried about them figuring it out as it's me knowing that they prefer to have it served on a silver platter, and me not really caring to do so. Especially the younger kid prefers to ask other people to complete levels for him when it gets a bit challenging, which makes me think all like DUDE WHAT IS THE POINT OF THAT. It's not like games get EASIER after the first level, at least not well designed ones. Supposedly the older kid knows some English now though, which opens some doors, but again, they're not yet very capable gamers at all. That, and both their mom and grandma are waaaaaaaaaaaay concerned about them playing violent games (well, their mom seems to have eased up a little bit), so it'll probably be a while before i can tell them to go play XCOM 2 and/or reasonably play multiplayer with them in some other game without having to drag them along. :v

Not gonna lie though, it's actually kind of interesting to be able to watch them grow up from the sidelines (where i'm comfortably lacking the responsibilities of parenthood, and instead just have to be a cool cousin-uncle). I know it's the absolute most clichéd line of them all when it comes to children, but they really do grow up fast. :P

also dangit all the eating today has angered the evil fart genies in my butt

:C
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: March 27, 2016, 06:48:37 pm »

What about Minecraft or something?

If you can.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: March 27, 2016, 10:19:19 pm »

After a week of house-sitting for other folks, I came home to find my own place had a flooded basement. Too much rain, lately. Flooding isn't severe, but it's still raining tonight which means I have to pump the water from the blocked up storm drain into the sanitary line every hour, or groundwater will back up into the house again. Looks like no sleep tonight. ><;

A friend of my Dad's is coming by to try to investigate the pipe situation (hopefully tomorrow), but he said they might need to jackhammer up the basement floor to replace the drain pipes entirely? And I'm supposed to be taking care of my Grandpa this week and fixing some issues with one of their toilets too. Hoping it gets fixed soon so there's no conflict; I can't be both places, and I really don't want to leave the flooding to get worse.

If nothing else, it's been interesting to learn about how plumbing works. Really glad I moved my storage boxes upstairs when I did!

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: March 27, 2016, 10:20:06 pm »

As someone whose basement has flooded, it is No Fun to have to move all the boxes...
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: March 28, 2016, 01:48:06 am »

My back crunches all over.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: March 28, 2016, 04:27:22 am »

Ah dangit, I thought my feelings for my friend had faded away and then tonight I realized they hadn't when I got back home from making a multiple kilometre walk to her house to give her food she forgot at work. I didn't even think twice about it until I was back home.

The extent to which I do dumb self-sacrificial shit like that without even considering not doing it frightens me sometimes.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Emma

• Bay Watcher
  • Romace plots aren't actually that bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: March 28, 2016, 05:03:04 am »

That seems less like you have a crush on your friend and more like your an extremely good friend. I like to think I'd do that for my friends but it's a lie, I'm not that nice a person.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #491 on: March 28, 2016, 05:07:56 am »

I would, because I have a car, and that'd take like five minutes.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: March 28, 2016, 05:13:00 am »

True. Hopefully that interpretation bears out; I get the feeling that the line between close friend and crush is a very thin one, often decided by your interpretation of the situation/whatever underlying desires you may have.

Of course mine are impossible for me to puzzle out, making the whole thing a muddle.

I would, because I have a car, and that'd take like five minutes.
See funny thing is I planned to drive over to her house since that'd make the whole thing take about 5 minutes total. But when I got home from work the car was gone, since evidently my mom went out for a night on the town without telling me she'd be doing so. I don't think I even paused my thought process before I was thinking 'well, gotta walk it then'.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: March 28, 2016, 06:10:22 am »

I have so much excellent music lined up to listen to, but I only have a couple of hours before I really need to sleep...
Looking forward to when I'm back home and I have all day to just laze around, drinking and listening to tunes.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: March 28, 2016, 02:21:01 pm »

So that thing I posted about in the sad thread turned out reasonably well today. I still couldn't work up the nerve to talk to her (gah, I'm -really shy,) but I did get a much less shy mutual friend to introduce me to her next time we're all in the same place together. :D
AAAAAA I'M NOT READY
Mutual friend forgot to strike up a conversation, will remind her and try again tomorrow :c
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 778