Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 778

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 855517 times)

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly sad today thread: hot animals edition
« Reply #855 on: May 01, 2016, 08:11:02 pm »

I think it stems from the prodigious amounts of alcohol consumed by both.
That does indeed help: You get wasted together, go to the one bar in town that's open until 05:00, due to the loud music you need to stick your heads close together... The rest just sort of happens.

Happened to me twice this year, actually. The first time I insisted she make the first move (because she had said she wanted to keep things platonic a while before that night), and second time I don't remember (and neither does she, but man her boyfriend was not amused that she took me home with her).

Both were interesting experiences, but I'm down a friend and I didn't get properly laid either time anyway. I don't think it's a winning strategy in any regard, really - mostly I just do it because I like to go drink with people I like.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: May 02, 2016, 12:13:39 am »

*This refers to both genders.
Yeah except no matter what I'm going to be a gross dude in the eye of dudes.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #857 on: May 02, 2016, 12:55:41 am »

Okay, so. This will be kinda harsh, and I'm about 40% sure you would have heard this before. You really need to stop assuming everyone else thinks you're ugly/unattractive/whatever. If you think you're unattractive, so be it, that's a separate issue.
I can say that a good 98% of people will not think you're ugly, and those that do have unrealistically high expectations. Your appearance is fine. Seriously. If you keep going on about about how everything thinks you're ugly then people will think you're fishing for compliments.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: May 02, 2016, 07:48:09 am »

Alright, new rule for electronics I own: if it is held together with anything other than Phillips screws in plain sight then I can't be bothered to take it apart, no matter the issue.

I disassembled my laptop twice now in the past hour. The second time is because a ribbon cable came undone, because putting it together involves snapping two pieces together quite violently. And speaking of, there's a latch that I swear bends itself out of shape every time I pull it apart, so I have to manually bend it back in to shape or else it won't go right. I was tempted to just snap off one of the small metal pieces so I wouldn't have to deal with it any more.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: May 02, 2016, 07:49:34 am »

Okay, so. This will be kinda harsh, and I'm about 40% sure you would have heard this before. You really need to stop assuming everyone else thinks you're ugly/unattractive/whatever. If you think you're unattractive, so be it, that's a separate issue.
I can say that a good 98% of people will not think you're ugly, and those that do have unrealistically high expectations. Your appearance is fine. Seriously. If you keep going on about about how everything thinks you're ugly then people will think you're fishing for compliments.
It's not that. It's that most people are heterosexual, and I suck at not looking like a man.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: May 02, 2016, 10:15:49 am »

I've been trying to find my old Oregon Trail 4th Edition disc from when I was little so I can get my nostalgia on, but I can't find it.

I know I still have it, since I've seen it every time I've moved my old shit, but now the one thing I'm actually looking for has vanished.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: May 02, 2016, 10:50:16 am »

A classmate has a bag of strawberries with him and a second classmate asked him for one (there were about four left after). I also asked for one, but did not recieve, because he only had the few left and didn't want to give them all out.
If I had asked before the second classmate did I would he nibbling strawberry right now. ;-;
Black lives matter.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: May 02, 2016, 11:37:30 am »

I'm starting to suspect that Ghost in the Shell: First Assault might be utter garbage. That's a shame, because AFAIK it's literally the only Ghost in the Shell video game since the Playstation era.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: May 02, 2016, 05:39:36 pm »

It's not that. It's that most people are heterosexual, and I suck at not looking like a man.
People who are heterosexual are heterosexual. They are into the opposite gender, looking like said gender is secondary.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: May 02, 2016, 07:56:34 pm »

a lot of gay/bi men like men who look like men

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #865 on: May 02, 2016, 08:45:34 pm »

Wait, what's the point of being gay if you don't like men who look like men?
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: May 02, 2016, 08:51:30 pm »

...Guys, isn't that the wrong issue...?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: May 02, 2016, 10:17:29 pm »

I'm just a total waste-of-space, sarcastic asshole who can only get things right the millionth time I go through them, who also puts everything off until the very last second, simultaneously fucking both me and everyone involved over so badly that we might as well either quit or start from scratch. Oh, and rather than admit I've done these things, I prefer to bullshit people until they lose all trust and faith in me and hate my guts. Although, now that I think about it, most people hate my guts from the moment I say hi anyway. Or they ignore me. That's my prefered response, actually. Saves me the effort of having a conversation with someone.
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: May 02, 2016, 10:20:10 pm »

Although, now that I think about it, most people hate my guts from the moment I say hi anyway. Or they ignore me. That's my prefered response, actually. Saves me the effort of having a conversation with someone.

you have no way of knowing if that's true and it probably isn't

seriously, the vast majority of people couldn't muster up the effort to hate anyone upon meeting them

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: May 02, 2016, 10:23:44 pm »

Well than I seem to have the type of personality that pisses people off on contact then, or I'm misinterpreting things (again). Either way, I'm not very good at making friends. Or talking to people. Or doing anything social not based off of doing stuff. Even then I suck at being social.
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 778