Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 230 231 [232] 233 234 ... 779

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 859853 times)

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly sad today thread: remove burrito edition
« Reply #3465 on: October 20, 2017, 07:38:19 pm »

Mmmm I love the taste of affluent guilt.

Maybe I should give away my inheritance when my parents kick it. I don’t deserve it anyways.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3466 on: October 20, 2017, 07:46:54 pm »

Maybe I should give away my inheritance when my parents kick it. I don’t deserve it anyways.
I will happily take all that guilt off your hands
really, just ask, I will accept this burden

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3467 on: October 20, 2017, 07:48:13 pm »

I will happily take all that guilt off your hands
really, just ask, I will accept this burden

Noone should have to bear all of that themselves, Spin. I insist on helping. You deserve it.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3468 on: October 20, 2017, 08:03:20 pm »

-removed-
I just don't think it's funny.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2017, 02:23:52 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3469 on: October 20, 2017, 08:10:43 pm »

Mmmm I love the taste of affluent guilt.

You mean your parents have assets that you could inherit!?

Ill probably just get a horse. And sell it, because i literally cant afford to take care of myself.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3470 on: October 20, 2017, 09:37:21 pm »

I worked so hard, for so long, to be free.  Next week I'm moving back, permanently.
Finally won my freedom, lived it a while, and now I'm throwing it aside.  Because I want to.  And I proved that I didn't need them.

If there's any sort of final score, I hope I'm getting points.  But this is definitely happening.  And soon I'll have to be in charge, and I'll do it well, because that is what circumstance and family require of me.

Sorry for lashing out, Dun.  Jealousy, largely.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3471 on: October 21, 2017, 05:50:31 am »

The tram I planned on catching arrived while I was still something like thirty metres from the stop, and I have a painful stone in my shoe (not to mention a cubic buttload of social anxiety) that prevented me from running for it.
Now I'll be even later than I was already running, and quite likely miss some of the band I am most excited to see tonight.

Edit: okay, good news, apparently the running order was changed up, so I'm not missing any of their set. Instead I am greeted with some especially ghastly trad/power metal or whatever people call it.
The sad thing is, the only thing that really ruins this band is the horribly prominent clean vocals... the riffs are good and the vocalist has great growls and screams, but he insists on focusing mostly on this cringy, soaring clean singing that is simply painful to listen to. :-X
« Last Edit: October 21, 2017, 06:22:02 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3472 on: October 23, 2017, 01:37:06 pm »

I completely missed whatever happened, but hey, all good? Sorry if I was inappropriate.

My mild sad is that my knees hurt today. I have a joint condition that hasn't flared up for years but its my lucky day. Mild but omnipresent pain and swelling.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #3473 on: October 23, 2017, 01:50:06 pm »

i bought forza horizon 3 the other day and trying to actually download it has been such a pain in the ass

my usual method for downloading large games which involves taking my laptop somewhere with actual internet, backing up the program and then moving the backup to my PC to restore it doesn't work because forza horizon 3 is only on the windows 10 store which doesn't support basic stuff like making backups because it's just so good that it never needs to

also it doesn't offer refunds ever so that's a thing

so after like 4 days of figuring out what to do i finally discovered some stupid method of manually downloading the game installer which involves capturing urls and downloading them in IDM except i can't actually use fiddler to get the urls because i need to actually start a download to do that and the windows 10 store isn't letting me because it's stupid and thinks my laptop is 32 bit and after i managed to get around that i had to spend a million years fixing this stupid "UNKNOWN LAYOUT IN MANIFEST" error which popped up out of nowhere and holy fuck I just want to play the game already

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #3474 on: October 23, 2017, 04:30:10 pm »

i bought forza horizon 3 the other day and trying to actually download it has been such a pain in the ass

my usual method for downloading large games which involves taking my laptop somewhere with actual internet, backing up the program and then moving the backup to my PC to restore it doesn't work because forza horizon 3 is only on the windows 10 store which doesn't support basic stuff like making backups because it's just so good that it never needs to

so after like 4 days of figuring out what to do i finally discovered some stupid method of manually downloading the game installer which involves capturing urls and downloading them in IDM except i can't actually use fiddler to get the urls because i need to actually start a download to do that and the windows 10 store isn't letting me because it's stupid and thinks my laptop is 32 bit and after i managed to get around that i had to spend a million years fixing this stupid "UNKNOWN LAYOUT IN MANIFEST" error which popped up out of nowhere and holy fuck I just want to play the game already
There's a streamer I watch (Jerma985) who had a semi-sarcastic on-stream meltdown because he wanted to play Red Dead Redemption from the Windows 10 store.  He paid for it and had a functioning internet connection, but it still wouldn't let him download it.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3475 on: October 23, 2017, 06:03:36 pm »

Was woken up over an hour earlier than planned. Great.
Really want to go back to sleep, but then I would probably sleep allll day, and there's a lot of shit I need to do. Great start to the day, huh? ::)
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3476 on: October 23, 2017, 10:35:44 pm »

So tired and sore. Dont wanna go to work. Send help
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #3477 on: October 24, 2017, 03:15:30 am »

And the first snow has fallen. Even with all the windows closed, and with the heating working in the apartment, it still feels cold. That's Siberia for ya...
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3478 on: October 24, 2017, 05:47:59 am »

Heh, I had a funny idea about running Windows 10 in a Virtual Machine, then putting the VM software on your laptop for the download, then put the Windows 10 VM back onto your main machine. I'm wondering if you could take a working Windows 10 install and get that to load in VMWare? e.g. something like chunking the entire SSD into an external case and putting it on the laptop, mounted in VMWare. Or even, you know, if you could get your laptop to boot off the same HD as the PC does.

If you could do that you could effectively make your whole main machine portable for the download biz. :P

I'm also wondering if a fix such as choosing an external drive as the game's download directory and installing it there, while also copying registry keys would do the job?
« Last Edit: October 24, 2017, 05:53:00 am by Reelya »

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3479 on: October 24, 2017, 05:58:34 am »

doubtful. Windows Store titles tend to make flagrant use of the WinSXS folder, which **HAS** to be on the main system volume, because softlinks just arent good enough for microsoft. No no no, must be hard links in the inode structure, because of reasons.

Pages: 1 ... 230 231 [232] 233 234 ... 779