Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 236 237 [238] 239 240 ... 779

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 859837 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly sad today thread: remove burrito edition
« Reply #3555 on: December 06, 2017, 06:30:56 am »

I'm mildly sad to find myself double-posting in the mildly sad thread. Also, I am mildly sad that, now my phone has miraculously emerged from its distressing period of non-functionality, I seem to be struggling to remember just what I missed so much about convenient, mostly constant access to the internet.

Perhaps I'd simply felt so deprived, not having my phone working for a couple of days, that my expectations of sheer joy at having it working again became unrealistically high.

DAMNIT, PHONE! CHEER ME UP! I COMMAND YOU!
(Nah it's okay phone that was a joke, I'm just glad you're working again. It's good to have you back.)
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3556 on: December 06, 2017, 06:33:56 am »

I have an opposite problem. I've been mobile-phoneless for about 8 years, and quite happy about it.

But now the government is forcing me to buy a mobile phone, because they upgraded the security on our national digital civil registry system, so now, if I want to do any thing at all with my taxes, health insurance, study loans or whatever more is linked to the national system, I am required to buy a phone to be able to recieve a security text message for logging in.

It's fucking stupid. I don't want a mobile phone.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3557 on: December 06, 2017, 07:26:18 am »

Get a sim card and borrow a phone from someone just to get the text. Number is tied to the SIM so just keep that around and borrow phones when you need them.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3558 on: December 09, 2017, 02:24:46 pm »

Something compelled me to look up a girl I liked in Highschool on facebook, whom I haven't seen in years, for me to find her posing with her new baby and husband. And that she lives in the same town as me, when I thought she didn't. It's obviously not something to be sad about, but it kinda crushes me. I'm always comparing myself to my old highschool-self, and despair at my seeming lack of progress in all the areas I want to progress in. And it makes me paranoid that she lives in the same town, as even if it's an incredibly small chance, I never want to run into her, ever. It's honestly enough to make me want to move away somewhere. It's stupid and childish, and I hate myself for it.

I perused OKcupid, thinking about dating again, and found some girls that I might get along with maybe, I wouldn't know as I haven't even tried to message them. I just opened their profiles into a new window, and then I've left them untouched and unlooked at for like a week now. I keep making excuses to myself like "Oh I need a good picture" "I should get a haircut and new clothes first" "I shouldn't worry about doing this when I have trouble even keeping my own apartment clean and I have no furniture anyway" "I don't like obsessing over what to write in messages or on my own profile anyway" "I don't like soliciting myself like some kind of discount, defective male creature anyway" "Women that use dating sites probably have some kind of glaring flaw that prevents them from getting a man in real life anyway" "There's no point using dating sites anyway, as 99% of attempts are being to be ignores, or fake accounts by scammers, or even if it's a hit there'll probably most likely then just be no compatibility anyway... if I don't get outright rejected anyway". ... etcetera and so forth.

I know that rationalizations like that are bullshit, and I'm just weighing myself down with my own negativity and keeping myself in this spot in life that I hate being in anyway. I just can't help it.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3559 on: December 11, 2017, 09:28:57 am »

Aw man, just lying down to sleep at almost half past midnight.
I need to get up and get ready for work in a few hours. Ugh. Also I'm low on food so I will probably need to rush out of the house for an early morning supermarket run as soon as I wake up, so I can make some lunch in the first place... this will be fun, I'm sure. Oh and I still have just one set of work clothes.

Edit: welp, looks like I'm not getting back to sleep after all.
It's only three hours out from my alarm at this point. Might as well get up and make a coffee. Not sure if it was the heat keeping me awake or what... hopefully I can get a good night's sleep tomorrow night, since I have work the next day.

The sleep-related issues I complained of in this post originally didn't end up going too badly. I was pretty damn tired at work, but I didn't make any major fuck-ups and people were still satisfied with my effort.
This work stuff is a lot more enjoyable when I'm full of energy and in the right headspace to throw myself into it, though. Also interpersonal stuff is even more difficult when tired. Ugh.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 02:10:00 pm by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3560 on: December 14, 2017, 01:52:08 pm »

Ive come home to be told i must drive mom to work and then drive home again so i can feed the animals and presumably sleep for like 2 hours or some shit

I really need to get a new car.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3561 on: December 14, 2017, 04:35:05 pm »

Trying to savour my last moments of internet until this afternoon.
Hmmm.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3562 on: December 16, 2017, 02:08:03 pm »

Saw the new Star Wars today. Wasn't expecting much but I still got mildly disappointed by the whole thing. It varied from boring to dumb to decent.

Think it's the final nail in the coffin of the franchise for me. Was good while it lasted, but it has nothing left but vapid pandering and zero risk taking fueled by the desire to keep the money printing machinery going for as long as possible.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3563 on: December 18, 2017, 08:15:27 pm »

It seems my tongue is not long enough to reach either of my nipples. :(   
Booze is Life for Yoink

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3564 on: December 18, 2017, 08:33:57 pm »

This is indeed sad news but, uh. Why?

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #3565 on: December 19, 2017, 02:50:14 am »

I want to look at the star wars spoiler thread so bad.
Love, scriver~

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3566 on: December 19, 2017, 04:09:39 am »

Solution: drink more beer, get beer tits, have nipples that can reach your tongue
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #3567 on: December 19, 2017, 05:57:40 am »

GOD DAMMIT NOW THERE'S TWO STAR WARS THREADS I CAN'T LOOK AT

Assuming they both hold spoilers for the new movie. Can anyone who has seen it check?
Love, scriver~

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #3568 on: December 19, 2017, 10:57:30 am »

I would be extremely surprised if they weren't chock full of spoilers. Not that I'll check. I'm seeing it tomorrow.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #3569 on: December 19, 2017, 03:57:00 pm »

GOD DAMMIT NOW THERE'S TWO

This is getting out of hand!

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.
Pages: 1 ... 236 237 [238] 239 240 ... 779