Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 480 481 [482] 483 484 ... 775

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 850185 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly upset today thread
« Reply #7215 on: April 02, 2020, 01:51:08 pm »

I require a rolling ladder to do my job (basically a staircase on wheels) and I needed to leave it and do something else for a bit.

When I returned to it, there was a customer with his hands on it, and I was unable to slap him in the mouth and ask him why he hasn’t paid attention to anything for the past month lest I get the sack.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7216 on: April 02, 2020, 02:04:05 pm »

Yeah better to aim for the gut, he might be contagious.  And apparently he hasn't paid attention to anything in forever, since everyone knows customers aren't supposed to use those ladders themselves.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7217 on: April 02, 2020, 03:21:03 pm »

I have to train in my new coworker on the job that I interviewed for (she got the job), because she doesn't have any experience.

Also, I'll have to go into the office for that, which means I need to work with pants on. Obviously the first one is worse, but when you don't have a laundromat, wearing clothes less is an improvement.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7218 on: April 02, 2020, 03:28:51 pm »

That's messed up.  Why did she get the job if she doesn't have any experience in the role?

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7219 on: April 02, 2020, 03:44:27 pm »

That's messed up.  Why did she get the job if she doesn't have any experience in the role?

Whenever there's something nonsensical happening with office politics, the explanation is often "connections."
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #7220 on: April 03, 2020, 12:10:16 am »

I love how the most high-strung stressful people in my life act like I'm the one that needs to calm down.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7221 on: April 03, 2020, 12:32:09 am »

Being cynical, but because the male higher-ups need more females in mid-management positions to avoid being replaced themselves, due to diversity initiatives. If they're gonna throw a guy under the bus in order to make their diversity figures look better, it's better (for them) to throw a lowly no-name guy under the bus rather than someone who has power.

Also, promoting competent people has risks for the higher-ups: you may get promoted again, whereas if they promote someone who they know will only just barely be able to perform the role like a monkey, they have more leverage over her. Plus, if you backtalk your new incompetent manager, they can cast you as a sexist now. So, promoting incompetent women to fill all the line-management roles is a passive-aggressive win-win for the senior management's old boys club.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2020, 12:41:59 am by Reelya »

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #7222 on: April 03, 2020, 12:32:52 am »

I went to check the thoughts of a dead dwarf that had been torn apart by a werebeast. I found the sequence of thoughts mildly saddening
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7223 on: April 03, 2020, 07:33:54 am »

Whenever there's something nonsensical happening with office politics, the explanation is often "connections."

Could be. Although everyone she listed hearing about the job from were the most worthless people we've had working for us.

HR has started a new behavior-based interviewing, because they don't want the person to get the job to be the one who knows the most about the job, they want to know how you would react in situations. We have since just been hiring whatever idiot is best at interviewing, and can confidently say that whatever unrelated experience (because we're a fairly technical and specialized group) they have, is somehow related.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7224 on: April 03, 2020, 07:39:20 am »

If the hiring folk are dudes, it could just be they want to bone her.

I used to work in a call center (for two hours) and someone I worked with much later elsewhere told me that they hired all the pretty ladies and ugly dudes to work there.

Admittedly he thought with his penis, so I’m not sure how reliable he is as a source.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #7225 on: April 03, 2020, 07:45:20 am »

Doesn't sound atypical tbf.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #7226 on: April 03, 2020, 07:59:50 am »

If the hiring folk are dudes, it could just be they want to bone her.

I used to work in a call center (for two hours) and someone I worked with much later elsewhere told me that they hired all the pretty ladies and ugly dudes to work there.

Admittedly he thought with his penis, so I’m not sure how reliable he is as a source.

How much did your two hours there go with or against his statement?
Love, scriver~

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #7227 on: April 03, 2020, 03:17:16 pm »

I looked at my calendar and realised just how long I'll be confined for.

Urghhhhhh.

At least I have history as an introvert, so I'll be able to draw on that for coping mechanisms, hah. I feel truly sorry for the Scripture Union types.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7228 on: April 03, 2020, 06:13:47 pm »

I looked at my calendar and realised just how long I'll be confined for.

Cool. How much longer is it?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7229 on: April 03, 2020, 06:38:32 pm »

I don’t mind staying home all the time.

What bothers me is the varying degrees of serious people take the global public health crisis. I work in retail, some customers come in with masks and gloves on, other people ask me questions and don’t keep a reasonable distance from me, so we have a weird dance in which I take a surreptitious step back and they follow me as though they can’t just read their fucking shopping list to me.

Like, I was leaving work and - despite a sign in front of the store saying don’t bring kids under 16 in - some woman had brought two kids in that were quite obviously under 16.

I don’t understand. Can you not trust your sprogs to not burn your house down in the 45 minutes it takes you to buy whatever shite you intend to buy? I’ve seen families of five or six people coming in, buying bird seed and the like. It is mind-boggling.

Then there’s one of my colleagues. I’ve been working there less than two months and I already get anxious ‘cause she just talks and talks and talks and talks whenever she has an opportunity. She thinks the people wearing the masks shouldn’t be allowed in, because being halfway sensible is somehow a bad thing? I don’t really know.

Pages: 1 ... 480 481 [482] 483 484 ... 775