Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 638 639 [640] 641 642 ... 778

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 855408 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Things that made you mildly upset today thread
« Reply #9585 on: February 05, 2022, 07:19:01 am »

The thing is, and admittedly I say this without truly knowing you, I could see you doing absolutely stellar in a high-pay and high-responsibility role.
They seem to agree too, as they're happy to have me take on the role, just not get the pay or the post. It's like they want me to fill in the shoes but won't give me the boots -_-

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #9586 on: February 05, 2022, 07:21:17 am »

What reasons do they give you for not being able to raise your paygrade? Obviously it can't be 'we can't afford', since they can afford hiring a new manager drone to oversee you.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #9587 on: February 05, 2022, 07:58:58 am »

Shit mart, they're getting like three middle managers for the price of one line worker. Why in the world would they want to pay more for that, they've figured out how to get a discount on necessary duties and network with richer fucks at the same time. They're probably pretty sure they've figured out the price point it takes to keep LW there and still dump whatever crap they want to on 'em without causing their drone to leave, so what's their incentive to change?

But yeah, your boss figuring that out and deciding to abuse it is generally a sign it's time to tell the boss "fuck you" and find another job, heh. Probably not quite in that specific order, but yeah. Wage or promotion negotiation is possibly an option, but you have to consider that, y'know, they've already gone and done this shit, mismanaged the workplace badly and tried to heap an extra dollop of exploitation on you along with it -- they're going to keep doing that regardless of if you get a promotion. They clearly don't value you or the business in general, time to stop valuing them :D
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #9588 on: February 05, 2022, 08:23:09 am »

Yeah, they seem to be pretty ridiculous. Why go to the expense of a hiring process and possibly training a new manager, risking a bad fit for the culture of the company in the process,  when they have someone they know can do the job already on staff?

Probably a good time to update your CV.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #9589 on: February 05, 2022, 08:47:55 am »

There are no good billionaires.
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9590 on: February 05, 2022, 08:58:48 am »

Have you tried braising in Worcestershire sauce?

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #9591 on: February 05, 2022, 09:23:16 am »

Over here, if you are given extra tasks, even moreso when given extra responsibilities that were not mentioned in your original job description, you are entitled by law to get a pay raise, and that can only be refused if the company has legally valid reasons to deny it, like 'we cannot afford that, we'll go into red figures'. Ofcourse, there's still plenty of companies that weasel themselves out of it, or just trust that their average worker doesn't have much legal knowledge and is unaware of their rights.

Possibly the same in the UK. That new manager might just be hired so they can claim you don't have more responsibilities.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2022, 09:25:05 am by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9592 on: February 05, 2022, 09:26:40 am »

Sorry, but while you might expect the meat to be rich and fatty, I hear it is more stringy, tough, and oily. Kinda like duck or goose.

I would suggest using a jaccard on it, very aggressively, then applying a liber helping of salt, and slow roasting it. Preferably still alive.

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #9593 on: February 05, 2022, 10:35:16 pm »

Feeling unmotivated today... I should still update my forum game...
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9594 on: February 06, 2022, 02:26:09 am »

But what seasonings would go well with long pig if you cooked it the traditional way of roasting it on a spit over a fire?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9595 on: February 06, 2022, 07:12:45 am »

Spit roasting requires ample amounts of strong spirits beforehand. Maybe some coke.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #9596 on: February 06, 2022, 07:24:43 pm »

Just pour a few liters of spiced rum in and let it soak through the meat before you begin cooking.

Can also replace the innards with sliced pineapple which will help tenderize the meat and add flavor. Pork goes great with pineapple.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9597 on: February 06, 2022, 10:51:51 pm »

I went to my Ping Pong Club today, and I'm still just getting my ass beat by everyone. I've been taking it in stride, but it really is feeling like I've been playing this game every Sunday for months, maybe a year or more, and I'm still just fucking shit and making rudimentary mistakes all the time, my stamina is so shit that I have to take a 10 minute breather on the bench after just warming up. I'm just so frustrated with my utterly shit physical ability and my complete dedication to being a half-assed loser. I'm starting to feel like someone that lives in their head all the time like I do just can't get good at any sport or physical activity.

Even though everyone there is really positive and nice, it just felt like there was a heckler in my head for my entire time at the club. I had to leave early cause I was seriously starting to lose my cool, and I didn't want to look like a sore loser asshole in front of the guys I've been slowly building up a friendship with for what feels like years now.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9598 on: February 06, 2022, 10:57:51 pm »

Just pour a few liters of spiced rum in and let it soak through the meat before you begin cooking.

Can also replace the innards with sliced pineapple which will help tenderize the meat and add flavor. Pork goes great with pineapple.

I haven't seen the comment you're replying to, so I'm imagining Rum Ham.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #9599 on: February 06, 2022, 11:17:56 pm »

Well, they're talking about spitroasting long pig, so I'm pretty sure it's actually describing an increasingly elaborate sexual act, for some reason.

At least they're suggesting to slice the pineapple before putting it inside anyone, which I guess is better than alternatives? Probably.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 638 639 [640] 641 642 ... 778