Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 649 650 [651] 652 653 ... 779

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 859570 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly upset today thread
« Reply #9750 on: April 01, 2022, 04:28:05 pm »

Why would anyone make object one defendant on object two who can’t be changed unless object 3 changes? Why not just change object two and forgo the redundant third object? I’m not a programmer I’m just curious, also why would they ignore a defect?
Heh Heh Heh, you changed dependent to defendant and it reads much differently.  I haven't sorted it out yet, but it looks to be hilarious.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9751 on: April 01, 2022, 04:30:03 pm »

Why would anyone make object one defendant on object two who can’t be changed unless object 3 changes? Why not just change object two and forgo the redundant third object? I’m not a programmer I’m just curious, also why would they ignore a defect?
Heh Heh Heh, you changed dependent to defendant and it reads much differently.  I haven't sorted it out yet, but it looks to be hilarious.
I didn’t notice but it made me laugh when I read it

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9752 on: April 01, 2022, 04:32:55 pm »

i'm either the bad guy for taking the acceptance criteria word for word literally or i'm the bad guy for extrapolating when the acceptance criteria is a goddamn screenshot.
this job is a headache some days

Sometimes, you just gotta be the bad guy.  Instead of getting upset about that, why not be all like "Hey, I get to be the Bad Guy! Bwah ha ha!"
If you gotta do it anyways, might at least get SOME enjoyment about it.  I got some songs I sing when I gotta ruin someone's day to amp me up.  It helps.

I didn’t notice but it made me laugh when I read it
Sometimes, life is good.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #9753 on: April 02, 2022, 12:58:25 pm »

the chocolate egg was not a peanut butter egg

it had coconut flakes in it

there were coconut flakes in my mouth

the taste is still there

the texture isn't wanting to come out

;_;
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #9754 on: April 02, 2022, 01:14:24 pm »

Coconut is nice though.

Unless you’re allergic, obviously.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #9755 on: April 02, 2022, 01:38:40 pm »

Coconut flakes are quite possibly my least favorite food texture, like, flat out. Out of everything. All of it. I'd rather chew on grass I plucked from the dirt. I've managed to avoid eating it so far, but I'm pretty sure literal shit would be an upgrade from coconut flakes, too.

Also largely dislike the flavor of coconut, so. There's no allergy, just copious hate for The Worst Mouthfeel.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9756 on: April 02, 2022, 02:44:18 pm »

Eh, sometimes you get older and coconut starts tasting better. But I sypathize.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9757 on: April 03, 2022, 12:54:49 am »

I also hate the flavor of coconut, and coconut flakes are just shit.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #9758 on: April 03, 2022, 01:13:12 am »

Y'all can give me your coconuts. I love them.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #9759 on: April 03, 2022, 05:09:20 am »

Yeah coconuts are the shit, milk flesh and all. I'd probably chew the straw-fur if I could.
Love, scriver~

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9760 on: April 03, 2022, 07:10:58 am »

Coconut "texture" is really weird.  I don't hate it, and I appreciate the novelty, but I do find it a bit gross.  I'm mostly picturing candies with coconut (oversweet!) but I am somewhat repulsed by coconut milk in a similar way, so I guess I don't care for the flavor.

CW: needles
How can I be so far up my own navel and yet have arbitrary mental blocks?
Considering how grisly and flesh-sculpted many of my dreams have been, how DARE I be unable to do this?

I hesitate to call it a phobia because I don't faint or whatever, and I've gotten used to being *given* injections by executing a tactical brain-reboot which lets me relax and let it happen.  But I can't actively do this.  All I can do is pierce my skin and pull back.  I think I hate the thought of damaging one of the few things I'm truly and purely proud of, my leg muscles.

Whatever, I'm just going to get some subcutaneous needles that aren't so hideously long and thick, and that'll work fine.  It just sucks to be confronted with a limitation like this.  But that macho BS is just that... BS.

Edit: Purely practically: I am literally unable to untense the muscle in question (without the brain reboot).  Particularly in this scenario though also in general... anyway, accepting that, I need to go subq instead of tearing my muscle up.

Edit2 (I don't care I'm having experiencing a mental health thing and woke up at 4:30AM to write down wild dreams for an hour (not here, also they were mostly nice)): Obviously I can use the needles I have for subcutaneous injection.  That's what I'm steeling myself to do.  They're too thick, and I'm going to get proper comfortable ones like my 3/4 of my family members use to inject their insulin, but I can't waste the medication I already drew.  I'd rather not (and putting it back in the vial feels like a potentially bad idea).
« Last Edit: April 03, 2022, 07:38:44 am by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9761 on: April 03, 2022, 01:57:41 pm »

Dog destroyed one of my miniatures again today. I really wish we had never gotten the little shit, and I also wish it was within my power to surrender him to a shelter.

Ever since we got him the cat has been more aggressive and standoffish towards everyone, I can't take the snake out without him trying to grab it, and he aggravates the tortoise to the point I'm worried he'll try to chew one of her feet off, and he scares the chickens whenever he gets into the back garden while they're out.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9762 on: April 04, 2022, 01:04:43 am »

Why don't you give it to a shelter and tell the people who ask that it ran off?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9763 on: April 04, 2022, 04:30:17 am »

Our work at r/place is ruined by an army of bot accounts. All that time making and defending, gone. And so close to the finishing line too.
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9764 on: April 04, 2022, 07:45:38 pm »

Every time I learn about a new EV to add to my list of potential next vehicles, I learn that it includes a stupid infotainment computer, powered by Google, now with the "feature" of being able to directly log into all your Google accounts right from your car.

I'm more and more feeling like the only way to get an EV that doesn't connect to an information-hungry, rent-seeking megacorp is going to be to build my own.
Pages: 1 ... 649 650 [651] 652 653 ... 779