Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 660 661 [662] 663 664 ... 778

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 855495 times)

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly upset today thread
« Reply #9915 on: May 31, 2022, 05:48:19 am »

I have an interview today, and my mom decided to wake me up 2 hours before my alarm for the pettiest bullshit ever. Already tried going back to bed, but there’s simply too much sunlight and closing the blinds doesn’t help.

Too many adults are living under the misconception that you don’t need your full 8 hours worth of sleep, and they’re eager to make sure you don’t get it.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9916 on: May 31, 2022, 07:54:50 am »

Yup any sleep that isn't between 10pm and 6am is worthless and needs to be disrespected. So we can all have a nice tragfic jam together, and nobody can buy shit because nothing is opened  when we're out of work.

Don't call ita boomer trait tho not their fault it's usually them who have that kind of pull.
let

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #9917 on: June 01, 2022, 02:13:52 pm »

Boss and a couple coworkers caught covid. We will be severely understaffed to the max the next couple weeks. And probably longer.

But I have to put in my two weeks, because the parents are selling their property and I can't afford to stay anywhere near here with rent and my wages being what they are and being single/not having anyone I could split rent with. So I'm getting dragged along. Ugh...
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #9918 on: June 01, 2022, 05:39:43 pm »

Neurosurgeon wants to cut me open. Well, at least my elbow.
Not upset about that though, I'll be happy when that fixes my ulnaropathy.

Mildly upset that they want to put me under for a 20 minute minor surgery.

Yo... 'T is but a scratch, can I please just have local anesthesia? And preferably a monitor so I can watch and be intrigued? Thx.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #9919 on: June 01, 2022, 05:42:38 pm »

Neurosurgeon wants to cut me open. Well, at least my elbow.
Not upset about that though, I'll be happy when that fixes my ulnaropathy.

Mildly upset that they want to put me under for a 20 minute minor surgery.

Yo... 'T is but a scratch, can I please just have local anesthesia? And preferably a monitor so I can watch and be intrigued? Thx.
They probably just want to shut you up.  :P

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9920 on: June 02, 2022, 05:34:27 am »

f*all
« Last Edit: June 02, 2022, 05:49:51 am by dragdeler »
let

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #9921 on: June 02, 2022, 04:50:20 pm »

Covid positive (maskless, unsurprisingly) person went through the workplace today. Never got particularly close to them, they weren't there for very long, and I'm wearing n95 these days, so I'll probably be alright, but... yeah.

Extra unfortunately, the person in question I actually kinda' like as a general thing. They're overall good people, and spent a lot of the last couple years being pretty conscientious about the plague, but, well. Here we are again anyway, getting to wait a few days to find out if I caught the plague.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #9922 on: June 02, 2022, 05:09:17 pm »

Two of our residents who got sick last summer are sick again. Both tested positive and symptomatic. It is hell.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9923 on: June 02, 2022, 08:12:54 pm »

Heh, but when you had it a few weeks ago, you can neither get nor spread COVID!
I'm in the COVID sweet spot!

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #9924 on: June 02, 2022, 11:59:02 pm »

Feels like people hate me. In general.
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9925 on: June 03, 2022, 12:42:50 am »

Feels like people hate me. In general.

I'm sorry to hear that. In the United States, this is the only month when LBGTQ is acceptable.

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #9926 on: June 03, 2022, 12:51:20 am »

I also meant online.
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9927 on: June 03, 2022, 01:23:58 am »

I also meant online.

That is probably my fault. I've been busy this week, so I haven't drawn my normal levels of hatred. Thanks for covering the overflow, I'll get back to offending people ASAP.

More seriously, tense times make people stressed. People are angry and they want to yell and scream.

In the US, we are nearing the end of the school year. That is stressful for many folks without the ongoing crises and recent news. The Summer is coming. Hot Days make Hot People.
The Elections are nearing Primary, which means that the inter-party fighting is at it's peak.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #9928 on: June 03, 2022, 02:05:14 am »

I assure you we dont hate you. You are not hated.
I make Spellcrafts!
Pages: 1 ... 660 661 [662] 663 664 ... 778