Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 665 666 [667] 668 669 ... 779

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 859817 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly upset today thread
« Reply #9990 on: June 12, 2022, 05:17:30 am »

I know how you feel. Had to fix the fence the other day because the deer took it out, one of the mares was out eating the neighbors lawn. All our mares are fence crawlers, electric fence mandatory. Ducky's dumb ass gets himself caught in the fence if he tries to crawl through, so he just stands there and winnies at them to come back

Can you set up a small corral to pen them in for a few days while you get the fence up? We've had to do that too
Glad I'm not the only one having to do this stuff, and as much as I'd like to corral them I can't as the area that'd work for that is in pretty bad shape as well and I'd need to leave them there for over a week at least, since the fence I working on is around 17 to 19 years old and is definitely showing it so I'm having to go along the entire thing and pull down the wire and pull up the posts then go back and put everything back together, and I'd so much further along if they'd leave what I've finished alone.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #9991 on: June 12, 2022, 11:51:39 am »

... could you, like, coat the finished fencing in something they dislike? Spray it down with mace or somethin'. Lean something they wouldn't bother in front of it, stuff like that.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9992 on: June 12, 2022, 12:08:08 pm »

streeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssed.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #9993 on: June 12, 2022, 05:51:11 pm »

... could you, like, coat the finished fencing in something they dislike? Spray it down with mace or somethin'. Lean something they wouldn't bother in front of it, stuff like that.

Determined horse crawlers wont abide by anything other than boards they physically cant break through or electrical shocks from a fencer, which requires a fence complete enough to complete a circuit (you don't want it dumping straight to ground unless its designed to) Ive had luck in the past putting plastic bags on the fence, briefly. Then they tore them up and ate them. There don't appear to be any repellents that work on horses, they're too smart and also too stupid. They might decide they like the taste of mace, like they like it when you reach out and slap them on the ass instead of moving put of the way like you want them to.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9994 on: June 12, 2022, 10:56:26 pm »

Had like five customers be rude to me because existing as an autist just pisses them off I guess.  It's borderline daily at this point, and frankly customers just get worse and worse every year I waste in this "career".

I'd go someplace not customer service but HRs' computer algorithm decided no human being should read my resume.  The only escape is the grave.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9995 on: June 13, 2022, 01:03:43 am »

I hope for you that you are at least able to put some money on the side, you're the normal person they're the sons of bitches.

It does keep getting worse, as if you can smell the game of musical chairs in the air, more cars, more people, more consoom, more sticky air, more bad mood.
let

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9996 on: June 13, 2022, 02:51:43 am »

I've yet to find something that they don't like enough to not mess with it, and as far as leaning stuff against it they ether knock it down or stomp it flat eventually, that even includes the metal fencing panels that are supposedly made for cattle and I've noticed they can stomp those things until they're bent up piles of crap after a few years. Also not even barbed wire keeps them in place as I've watched them use that stuff to scratch their asses.

Determined horse crawlers wont abide by anything other than boards they physically cant break through or electrical shocks from a fencer, which requires a fence complete enough to complete a circuit (you don't want it dumping straight to ground unless its designed to) Ive had luck in the past putting plastic bags on the fence, briefly. Then they tore them up and ate them. There don't appear to be any repellents that work on horses, they're too smart and also too stupid. They might decide they like the taste of mace, like they like it when you reach out and slap them on the ass instead of moving put of the way like you want them to.
I rebuilt a fence with another group of horses and they left the fence alone, but I guess this one is a little more determined to be a pain in my ass then the others, and I'm pretty sure running an electric fence along it would be out of the question right now given the condition of the fence and how long the thing is.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
  • Going on a pilgrimage to Mars
    • View Profile
« Reply #9997 on: June 13, 2022, 07:19:52 am »

Had like five customers be rude to me because existing as an autist just pisses them off I guess.  It's borderline daily at this point, and frankly customers just get worse and worse every year I waste in this "career".

I'd go someplace not customer service but HRs' computer algorithm decided no human being should read my resume.  The only escape is the grave.

That settles it then. You should become an undertaker.
Bring Kobold Kamp to LNP! graphics compatibility fix.

So the conclusion I'm getting here is that we use QSPs because dwarves can't pilot submarines.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #9998 on: June 13, 2022, 07:35:49 am »

Or a grave robber
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9999 on: June 13, 2022, 08:15:12 am »

oof, no five years ditch digging experience for the job that will never put a roof over your head!  Straight to the garbage bin.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
  • Going on a pilgrimage to Mars
    • View Profile
« Reply #10000 on: June 13, 2022, 12:29:48 pm »

Half the customers in retail are braindead so that should count for work experience and hey where we're all going (eventually), we don't need roofs over our heads
Bring Kobold Kamp to LNP! graphics compatibility fix.

So the conclusion I'm getting here is that we use QSPs because dwarves can't pilot submarines.

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10001 on: June 13, 2022, 01:31:53 pm »

Turned on my lawn sprinklers, and one of the control valves seems busted :(

Zone 6 turns on even when it's not supposed to - basically whenever any other zone is active.

Yay for unexpected repair needs.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #10002 on: June 13, 2022, 02:00:37 pm »

How big a yard do you have that there are at least six zones?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10003 on: June 13, 2022, 02:02:20 pm »

What does it matter if it's still to short to prevent drainage and evaporation   :P
let

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10004 on: June 13, 2022, 02:08:59 pm »

I don't know why the original system had zone 6 installed; it's watering a portion of our lawn that can literally be underwater in the springtime.  Which is why I never run it - and why it was notable that it suddenly started running.

EDIT: I like having a yard. We're in "suburbia" but we have almost an acre.  A good mix of open space and a wooded green-belt.  It does take me about 90 minutes to mow the grass with a 21" diameter push mower, to get an idea of how much grass we have.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2022, 02:11:28 pm by McTraveller »
Pages: 1 ... 665 666 [667] 668 669 ... 779