Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 24

Author Topic: "The City" (Multiplayer-ish Dwarven Economy) 42.05 LNP -Combined game phase-  (Read 33251 times)

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: "The City" (Multiplayer-ish Community Fortress) 42.04
« Reply #120 on: January 25, 2016, 05:46:00 pm »

Mrs Ast Dikecradle is the current book-keeper.  If she becomes a citizen of District F, she can still do her duties telecommuting away from The City.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 25, 2016, 05:54:26 pm »

This is the most complex "megaproject" I have ever seen. I love this.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 25, 2016, 05:58:56 pm »

This is the most complex "megaproject" I have ever seen. I love this.

I'm already getting a vibe from the silence of the military district, "bring me your tribute, war is coming!"

Urdothor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 25, 2016, 06:12:59 pm »

I'm already getting a vibe from the silence of the military district, "bring me your tribute, war is coming!"

If the military district wants to call a small-medium size draft in exchange for protection, I wouldn't be opposed to following it, personally.

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 25, 2016, 06:34:27 pm »

Nah, I've been busy. But yeah, basically the "We're almost, but not quite mercenaries, give us things now" idea is what I was going for. But that comes later :P
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: January 25, 2016, 06:38:13 pm »

If the military district wants to call a small-medium size draft in exchange for protection, I wouldn't be opposed to following it, personally.

I plan to have my farmers train with (training) spears during winter.  Once I get rock nuts / quarry bush, I will follow its growing season; Spring to Autumn, and a winter break!  Olive trees will probably be the same as pig tails, Summer and Autumn only.

Cool, my local militia should be at least have a chance not to get stabbed first.  Just need leather armor and helms to start with.
Nah, I've been busy. But yeah, basically the "We're almost, but not quite mercenaries, give us things now" idea is what I was going for. But that comes later :P

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 25, 2016, 08:53:19 pm »

Do I get the artifact bow that goes with Mr Braidedtreason, or no?

That's Mr Braidedtreason's bow, so it goes with him.  A "family heirloom" kind of thing.
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

Urdothor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 25, 2016, 08:57:03 pm »

That's Mr Braidedtreason's bow, so it goes with him.  A "family heirloom" kind of thing.

Too bad he's moving to a farming colony.

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 25, 2016, 09:05:27 pm »

I would like to counter the offer for the pick, but I would instead like to briefly rent it, and then allow the Lemducim District to purchase it. My offer is 45% off all products produced for a period of 3 years, starting at any point chosen by the Founder's District.

Please define "brief" in the above offer.  Do you mean "after a certain digging project is completed" or "after year 202 is finished", or something else entirely?

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 25, 2016, 09:07:47 pm »

Too bad he's moving to a farming colony.

That's the thing about heirlooms, sometimes they wait around for just the right ancestor to come along. (Well, that or an estate sale, or possibly a thief...)
« Last Edit: January 26, 2016, 02:11:01 am by Timeless Bob »

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

Urdothor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 25, 2016, 09:12:37 pm »

I would like to counter the offer for the pick, but I would instead like to briefly rent it, and then allow the Lemducim District to purchase it. My offer is 45% off all products produced for a period of 3 years, starting at any point chosen by the Founder's District.

Please define "brief" in the above offer.  Do you mean "after a certain digging project is completed" or "after year 202 is finished, or something else entirely?
Long enough to finish a project.

Spoiler: Details of Project (click to show/hide)

Edit: Basically the small amount of space I think I'll need for 7 dwarfs and some crops for a year.

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 25, 2016, 09:32:58 pm »

How's about a dorf in district R? This is quite the grand undertaking. Lots of people have talked about doing it, but I don't remember seeing anyone making this kind of organized go at it.

I'm most interested to witness it!

Alright, I'll dorf you once we start. Name/occupation preference? I'm going for a farming industry specialization.

Ahhh no wait I got confused I want to be a military dorf! This is important! I should be in district H. I'm sorry, I'm confused today. Please name him Mr. Beard. He should be an Axedwarf.

My wife, however, DOES request a dorf in district R. She says she should be named Eva, and should be a woodcutter or carpenter. Sorry again.

Considering the naming conventions, you and your wife will have to understand that "Mr Beard" and "Eva" will be forum nicknames for named dwarves, and that since you guys want to be dorfed in different Districts, that the Players playing those Districts will have to be OK with those nicknames as well?  My main function for this game is to be the host that ties all the various elements together.  (Although, having my little dudes also be doing their thing is fun too.)

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

Urdothor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: January 25, 2016, 09:35:01 pm »

Considering the naming conventions, you and your wife will have to understand that "Mr Beard" and "Eva" will be forum nicknames for named dwarves, and that since you guys want to be dorfed in different Districts, that the Players playing those Districts will have to be OK with those nicknames as well?  My main function for this game is to be the host that ties all the various elements together.  (Although, having my little dudes also be doing their thing is fun too.)

I'm fine with the nickname. Not sure about district H though. Is H chaotic_skies?

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: "The City" (Multiplayer-ish Dwarven Economy) 42.04 Phoebus
« Reply #133 on: January 25, 2016, 10:17:13 pm »

TimelessBob, are you going to make a save with the burrows and citizens assigned to them so we know which once we have before building the blue print?

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
Re: "The City" (Multiplayer-ish Dwarven Economy) 42.04 Phoebus
« Reply #134 on: January 25, 2016, 11:31:12 pm »

I guess I'm going to go with the last 7 available dwarves:
1. Mr Zasit Knowingwind
2. Mrs Zasit Walledbowel
3. Miss Eral Paddledhigh
4. Mr Deduk Beasttrumpet
5. Mrs Deduk Minereleased
6. Doren Postspread
7. Mr Cilob Nettrot

Looking For...
3 Plump Helmets
5 Plump Helmet Spawn
1 of Each of the following
Cave wheat seeds
Pig tail seeds
Rock Nut
Sweet Pod seeds

Offer...
45% reduction of price on anything for the next 3 years

Edit:
The tree I would prefer to be cut down is the Carambola Tree at the southern edge of my district, in the dead center. It has a piece of obsidian next to it.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 11:34:03 pm by chaotic skies »
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 24