Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 24

Author Topic: "The City" (Multiplayer-ish Dwarven Economy) 42.05 LNP -Combined game phase-  (Read 33256 times)

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
Re: "The City" (Multiplayer-ish Dwarven Economy) 42.04 Phoebus
« Reply #150 on: January 26, 2016, 04:27:53 pm »

looking for 1 pickaxe-grade bar. Will repay with either a)another pickaxe or b)100DB worth of items.
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Urdothor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: January 26, 2016, 04:30:49 pm »

Have we set a value on our currency yet?
Like a base value for the coins?
Or, are we doing it based on material value?
« Last Edit: January 26, 2016, 04:33:48 pm by Urdothor »

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: "The City" (Multiplayer-ish Community Fortress) 42.04
« Reply #152 on: January 26, 2016, 04:38:46 pm »

This was Shofet's post list.

1. Mrs. Feb Dabbleclasped - Miner
2. Mr. Feb Wadepaint - Mason/CMD
3. Feb Lulledcopper - Child of the above
4. Mr. Iton Packceilings - Fisherdwarf
5. Mrs. Iton Faintlantern - Miner
6. Mr. Uzol Manorswamp - Weaponsmith

Offer to buy the pick: Half the value of all stone goods produced for this year.

As for what tree I'd like cut, a willow tree. Epecially the one on the west side, in between the road and the pond.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #153 on: January 26, 2016, 04:41:36 pm »

good old Dorf Bucks

Urdothor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: January 26, 2016, 04:43:51 pm »

good old Dorf Bucks

Alright, because there was talk of coin usage before, and coins can be given any value in an economy like this, ya know.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #155 on: January 26, 2016, 04:44:40 pm »

incidentally, since there will always be a finite number of "free range" citizens to do the grunt work, having them available to do that work might ITSELF be a resource that can be bartered and traded.  For instance, if I wanted to build this big temple to some god this year, I might pay the other Players resources I have stockpiled to not build things this turn, so that the workers will spend more time on my project.  Districts with Founding Family members who are unhappy might jump at the chance for them to "take a vacation" one year and get in some much needed socializing and general R&R.
could you 'kidnap' them? ie. lock the gates while they are in, have em build something, then release?

Urdothor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: January 26, 2016, 04:55:10 pm »

could you 'kidnap' them? ie. lock the gates while they are in, have em build something, then release?

But is it worth it to do that and put yourself in a bad position with the other players?

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: January 26, 2016, 05:02:45 pm »

incidentally, since there will always be a finite number of "free range" citizens to do the grunt work, having them available to do that work might ITSELF be a resource that can be bartered and traded.  For instance, if I wanted to build this big temple to some god this year, I might pay the other Players resources I have stockpiled to not build things this turn, so that the workers will spend more time on my project.  Districts with Founding Family members who are unhappy might jump at the chance for them to "take a vacation" one year and get in some much needed socializing and general R&R.

You can in your copy.  But remember you are only doing a blue print.  The actual result of your progress in you blue print game may not be completed in TimelessBob's "real" game.   Think of all the "fun" that can happen.  Maybe that free loader wood cutter dies from a cave-in falling log early.  Your blue print relied on that wood cutter's service, but it's gone in the "real" game which delays laying down the crucial building because the tree is still there, so a delay in your blue print. Or something like that. 

That's why I can't quite rely on the miner being available until I buy the items to at least be self-sufficient in terms of digging.

Although Shofet and Sanctume have a trade pact in place where Shofet provides blocks, and I provide some food and beds.

I plan to pursue Carpenter.  I am offering up to *SUPERIOR* quality beds in exchange to your extra logs while I use this time to practice my carpenter skills.
In "real game" I can see TimelessBob building my Carpenter Workshop order 30 beds.  I'd have a wood stockpile, and the free-loader haulers will mostly like use up the logs nearest my district in the west, and then gather more logs from other districts.  I don't know how he will control not sharing logs between all other 20 districts. 

Unless Wood hauling is disabled for all, and only enabled to those confined within it's district.  But 1 free loader hauler without Wood Hauling labor will just randomly pick up logs and drop off to nearest wood pile.

« Last Edit: January 26, 2016, 05:11:27 pm by Sanctume »

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: January 26, 2016, 05:08:41 pm »

good old Dorf Bucks

Alright, because there was talk of coin usage before, and coins can be given any value in an economy like this, ya know.

I think the coins can make the RP trading more fun.  It would be kinda cheesy to make the high value items such as masterful prepared meals that easily be worth an entire caravan. 

What if we think of the coins, say [500] aluminum coins as 1 favor between districts.  It can be that 1 iron bar, or a shipment (5 barrels of booze), or 1 bar of soap, or turtle shell that I need / want and have no means to obtain from the entire region.  Then my district will have a vault of some sort to store the District's treasure of [500] aluminum coins.

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: January 26, 2016, 05:11:30 pm »

Reposting from page 10:

Also, I don't have a full roster for Shofet yet - I only have a list of 6 dwarves from him...

Actually, Sanctume: you added Mr Mestthos's wife to your roster and she isn't even living in The City right now.
These
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
are the dwarves living in The City. 
The posting order for a list of possible Founders is:
Urdothor
Sanctume (Both Braidedtreasons are taken, as well as Mr Mestthos, which means you only have 6 dwarves...)
Gwolfski
Chaotic_skies
Shofet only 6 though: still not complete
The people higher in the que have preference for the chosen dwarves because they posted a list of at least 7 before the others farther down the que.

Fortunately, deadline for picking your dwarves is tomorrow by noon, forum time, so you all have a chance to update your lists.

The legend i had at the top of that list had yellow be for dwarves living in the city, red for dwarves related who might immigrate to the City later, and green for the dwarves already spoken for.  I realize that the red dwarves should never have been included, as this has caused much confusion.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2016, 05:28:57 pm by Timeless Bob »
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

Urdothor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: January 26, 2016, 05:18:59 pm »

Reposting from page 10:

Also, I don't have a full roster for Shofet yet - I only have a list of 6 dwarves from him...

Actually, Sanctume: you added Mr Mestthos's wife to your roster and she isn't even living in The City right now.
These
Urdothor
Sanctume (Both Braidedtreasons are taken, as well as Mr Mestthos, which means you only have 6 dwarves...)
Gwolfski
Chaotic_skies
The people higher in the que have preference for the chosen dwarves because they posted a list of at least 7 before the others farther down the que.

Fortunately, deadline for picking your dwarves is tomorrow by noon, forum time, so you all have a chance to update your lists.

What do you currently have down for my picks?

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: January 26, 2016, 05:30:20 pm »

Reposting from page 10:

These
Urdothor
Gwolfski
Chaotic_skies

Yeah, I'm confused now lol.  There's 33 in the list, and so 5 players (5x7) will mean 2 short.

However, do I understand it correctly that the Light family belong in District P already?

So that 33-6 (Light) = 27. 

27 citizens left for the picking between 5 districts?

Urdothor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: January 26, 2016, 05:34:19 pm »

Reposting from page 10:

These
Urdothor
Gwolfski
Chaotic_skies

Yeah, I'm confused now lol.  There's 33 in the list, and so 5 players (5x7) will mean 2 short.

However, do I understand it correctly that the Light family belong in District P already?

So that 33-6 (Light) = 27. 

27 citizens left for the picking between 5 districts?

Some of the dwarves on the list aren't in the City yet, so they aren't pickable and we've picked them, I think?

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: January 26, 2016, 05:34:35 pm »

This is what I've got from everyone's picks:

1. Miss Light Earthenfrost - TimelessBob
  2. Miss Light Dreamstorches - TimelessBob
  3. Mr Light Taughtlabored - TimelessBob
  4. Mr Light Laborspear - TimelessBob
  5. Mr Light Heatedlabored - TimelessBob
  6. Mr Light Justicepaper - TimelessBob
  7. Mr Doren Netwebbed
  8. Mr Doren Inkspear
  9. Mrs Doren Wondergilt
10. Doren Postspread (baby) - Gwolfski, chaotic_skies
11. Mr Lorbam Lancestirred - Urdothor
12. Mrs Lorbam Blockadetwisted - Urdothor
13. Miss Lorbam Rainedkeys (baby) - Urthodor
14. Mr Zasit Flickerracks
15. Mr Zasit Knowingwind - Gwolfski, chaotic_skies
16. Mrs Zasit Walledbowel - Gwolfski, chaotic_skies
17. Mr Deduk Beasttrumpet - Gwolfski, chaotic_skies
18. Mrs Deduk Minereleased - Gwolfski, chaotic_skies
19. Miss Sarvesh Fountaingleamed - Urdothor
20. Mr Ast Graverelic - Sanctume
21. Mrs Ast Dikecradle - Sanctume
22. Ast Blockadebolted (baby) - Sanctume
23. Mr Iton Packceilings - Shofet
24. Mrs Iton Faintlantern - Shofet
25. Mr Feb Wadepaint - Shofet
26. Mrs Feb Dabbleclasp - Shofet
27. Feb Lulledcopper (child) - Shofet
28. Mr Braidedtreason Pickhailed - Urdothor, Sanctume
29. Mrs Braidedtreason Hammerrooms - Urdothor, Sanctume
30. Mr Cilob Nettrot - chaotic_skies
31. Mr Uzol Manorswamp - Sanctume, Shofet
32. Miss Eral Paddledhigh - Gwolfski, chaotic_skies
33. Mr Mestthos Paddleglows - Urdothor, Sanctume
« Last Edit: January 26, 2016, 05:43:03 pm by Timeless Bob »
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: January 26, 2016, 05:54:52 pm »

I shall claim these:
20. Mr Ast Graverelic - Sanctume
21. Mrs Ast Dikecradle - Sanctume
22. Ast Blockadebolted (baby) - Sanctume