Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 62

Author Topic: Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord  (Read 106287 times)

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord
« Reply #195 on: April 15, 2018, 11:38:53 pm »

They had better have something playable this year. Seriously.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: April 16, 2018, 01:48:24 am »

Have you been following the weekly dev diaries? It looks like it's coming along very well.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: April 16, 2018, 02:53:17 am »

Have you been following the weekly dev diaries? It looks like it's coming along very well.

Hate to sound like an ass...but its been looking that way for a few years now...the stuff they show is great...but I am not seeing anything getting us closer to release.

In fact the recent dev blog that covered siege engines gave us almost zero information...because they shared all that literally 2 years ago. It's a worrying sign if they have to regurgitate feature from 2 years ago as an update.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2018, 12:48:48 am by dennislp3 »

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: April 16, 2018, 10:40:22 am »

With the total lack of PR since their lead developer left, I can't imagine it's all sunshine and chocolates.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: April 16, 2018, 12:15:07 pm »

hire me, paradox. hire me and avoid the dreaded loot box plague.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Pancakes

• Bay Watcher
  • Cancels drink: Too insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: April 17, 2018, 06:03:31 pm »

I'm here from the future, to brag about our version of Mount & Blade III! Become the jealous, you shall!

In the new Mount & Blade, you will no longer have to train up troops from recruits, instead you will open lootboxes to randomly get different kinds of troops! Oh, and it's an online-only multiplayer-only game now! Enemy lords have been replaced with internet shitlords! The only voice acted line is the classic, fan-favorite "ETS AHLMOST HAARVESTIN SEASON"! Exclamation points! The only downside is the game takes place in 1972, which threw us off for a little but you get used to it!

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: April 17, 2018, 06:13:40 pm »

I'm here from the future, to brag about our version of Mount & Blade III! Become the jealous, you shall!

In the new Mount & Blade, you will no longer have to train up troops from recruits, instead you will open lootboxes to randomly get different kinds of troops! Oh, and it's an online-only multiplayer-only game now! Enemy lords have been replaced with internet shitlords! The only voice acted line is the classic, fan-favorite "ETS AHLMOST HAARVESTIN SEASON"! Exclamation points! The only downside is the game takes place in 1972, which threw us off for a little but you get used to it!

oh no, in this timeline was i hired by EA? nooooooooo!
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Pancakes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: April 17, 2018, 06:20:00 pm »

oh no, in this timeline was i hired by EA? nooooooooo!

Haha, fool! Everyone was hired by EA!

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: April 17, 2018, 06:23:23 pm »

Hired? You mean conscripted, right?

Pancakes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: April 17, 2018, 06:48:12 pm »

In the future, the EA draft took most of us into the Great DRM War. Thankfully, it was the DRM war to end all DRM wars, so nothing to worry about!

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: April 17, 2018, 06:49:29 pm »

Hired? You mean conscripted, right?

more like indentured servitude.

we're all paid in random loot boxes that may or may not contain salary. each one costs 90% of your usual check and they're mandatory, like most places that have direct deposit. 

most times i get a key for a 20% discount on a skin in a game i haven't (or don't want to) buy. inflation pushed the price of Mass Effect Virgo Stellar Stream to $120 USD.

In the future, the EA draft took most of us into the Great DRM War. Thankfully, it was the DRM war to end all DRM wars, so nothing to worry about!

sidenote: the Pro DRM side won. you need to literally walk to your nearest EA compliance office to activate the code manually. it costs 20$ and needs to be renewed every month.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: April 17, 2018, 07:11:50 pm »

You know what my absolute perfect game would be, which I could probably get lost in forever after?

Dwarf Fortress style world generation and character development, coupled with M&B's gameplay where you wander around an open world map going on adventures Skyrim-style learning about the procedurally-generated history of the world or build up political influence/territory and lead armies.

Such a game would probably suck up 20,000 hours of my life.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: April 17, 2018, 07:20:38 pm »

So basically Adventure Mode but with M&B type graphics and gameplay?

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: April 17, 2018, 07:22:31 pm »

oh right, can't you 'claim' towns in adv. mode?

idk really, i've never really played adv mode, im a fort boy.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: April 17, 2018, 08:54:55 pm »

Should really give it a try. It's a totally different beast but enthralling in its own way.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 62