Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 73

Author Topic: Latin American Politics: Moralism  (Read 95268 times)

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Latin American Politics: Election Time
« Reply #525 on: October 12, 2018, 11:23:01 pm »

Ah sorry I came across the story just today, didn't realize it was last month.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: October 13, 2018, 03:29:15 am »

Yeah, I just figured this was a different event wherein Bolsonaro himself lost his cool and just started stabbing people in the streets for not promising to vote for him.

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: October 13, 2018, 08:23:24 am »

Hahaha, imagine him going full pistola and hunting down the dirty, dirty, PT communists/nazis/venezuelans/whatever he is on about this time.
In a time before time, I had a name.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: October 13, 2018, 12:12:58 pm »

Well if Bolsonaro loosens gun laws like he promises then when those stabbers come for you, you can shoot them with your gun. The logic seems perfectly sound.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: October 13, 2018, 12:18:43 pm »

Or maybe go full Wild West, no gun laws at all.

(Yes, I know it's not actually true, towns still had rules on guns and all in the Wild West)

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: October 21, 2018, 07:50:47 pm »

(Yes, I know it's not actually true, towns still had rules on guns and all in the Wild West)

Most wild west towns had extremely strict gun laws and were filled with civil war veterans. It uh... Wasn't very wild.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: October 21, 2018, 08:05:08 pm »

Most wild west towns had extremely strict gun laws and were filled with civil war veterans. It uh... Wasn't very wild.

That's the keyword, most. There were certainly places that didn't have a whole lot of law and order.

Back on topic, isn't the second round of voting in the Brazillian Presidential election this week? 25th or something?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: October 22, 2018, 05:51:59 am »

That's the keyword, most. There were certainly places that didn't have a whole lot of law and order.

Back on topic, isn't the second round of voting in the Brazillian Presidential election this week? 25th or something?
28th.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: October 28, 2018, 04:53:53 pm »

Well, it's Election Day!... For Brazil. The Guardian has a liveblog up: https://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2018/oct/28/brazil-election-2018-second-round-of-voting-closes-as-bolsonaro-eyes-the-presidency-live

Not news for Teneb, but news for me (not surprised however...), Bolsonaro is going to be scary for the planet. full article

A question though, the liveblog entry mentions indingenous reserves, are those national park/wildlife reserve type things or are those the equivalent of reservations (if Brazil even has those) for the Native American populations there?
« Last Edit: October 28, 2018, 05:09:01 pm by smjjames »

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: October 28, 2018, 05:07:22 pm »

Well, it's Election Day!... For Brazil. The Guardian has a liveblog up: https://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2018/oct/28/brazil-election-2018-second-round-of-voting-closes-as-bolsonaro-eyes-the-presidency-live

Not news for Teneb, but news for me (not surprised however...), Bolsonaro is going to be scary for the planet. full article

A question though, the liveblog entry mentions indingenous reserves, are those national park/wildlife reserve type things or are those the equivalent of reservations (if Brazil even has those) for the Native American populations there?
Regarding the question: it's an area where no exploitation or settlement is allowed except by the native people assigned to that area. So I guess it's like a US reservation.

Also I am very salty right now, and very pissed with these fucking fascist-enablers yelling on the streets.

Currently pondering if I go on a redacting spree or not. 10k posts is a lot to go through.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Latin American Politics: Press F to pay respects
« Reply #535 on: October 28, 2018, 05:10:30 pm »

Exit polls show Bolsonaro winning 56% to Haddads 44%, full election results are supposed to be released soon. Everything I've read shows this to be Brazils equivalent of 2016, though the winner is actually winning the popular vote.

I wonder if Trump will grovel at Bolsonaro like he does Putin and Kim Jong-Un :P Though I also wonder if Bolsonaro would be offended by it.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2018, 05:12:18 pm by smjjames »

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #536 on: October 28, 2018, 06:19:40 pm »

Duterte II: Electric boogaloo

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: October 28, 2018, 08:01:54 pm »

I'm a bit surprised Trump hasn't already tweeted congratulations towards Bolsonaro given how much alike he and Trump are.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: October 28, 2018, 08:23:21 pm »

Under any other US administration I'd say the CIA should assassinate Bolsonaro and install a liberal puppet government. But we don't have the moral authority.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #539 on: October 28, 2018, 08:24:43 pm »

Under any other US administration I'd say the CIA should assassinate Bolsonaro and install a liberal puppet government. But we don't have the moral authority.
Is there any point where you have the moral authority to assassinate world leaders to install puppet governments

Seems like a dick move that will have long term consequence literally every time it has ever been done
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 73