Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 135

Author Topic: Ye Gods 3 IC: Tick 18.5: Bounces  (Read 175349 times)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods 3 IC: Tick 0: The Nothing before [18/30] [talk-only]
« Reply #240 on: April 29, 2016, 04:07:55 pm »

Propose
Clean:All proposals with two more neys the ayes will be trashed
Oppose.

Alternate is more then 4 neys then ayes. Two is two too few.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: April 29, 2016, 04:09:18 pm »

Alternate is more then 4 neys then ayes. Two is two too few.[/b]
Support
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: April 29, 2016, 04:10:52 pm »

Proposalog (<~36 hours remain)
0a: All proposals pertaining to rules start with the number 1
   +9 from Isgon, Axt, Vir, Atian, Saukko, Ascald, Flue, Charon, Kyuu
   -1 from Munroe
Support, also, Propose that somebody make some more proposal numbering rules.
0b: All proposals pertaining to creation have the second number 2
   +7 from Isgon, Vir, Atian, Ascald, Flue, Charon, Kyuu
   -3 from Axt, Saukko, Munroe
Support for consistency.
0c: All proposals pertaining to planet creation have third number P
   +8 from Isgon, Vir, Atian, Ascald, Flue, Zurion, Charon, Kyuu
   -2 from Axt, Saukko
Support for consistency.
1.2.P: Planets cost a base cost of 20
   +7 from Isgon, Saukko. Ascald, Flue, Zurion, Charon, Kyuu
   -4 from Axt, Vir, Atian, Munroe
Oppose.
1.2a: Gods working together get their creation cost multiplied by a set amount based on how many gods are working together
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
   +4 from Isgon, Ascald, Charon, Kyuu
   -6 from Axt, Vir, Atian, Saukko, Munroe, Flue
Strong support
1.2b: Creations can have traits.
   +6? from Isgon, Ascald, Munroe?, Flue, Charon, Kyuu
   -1 from Saukko
Support.
1.2.Pa: Add these traits to planets
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
   +6 from Isgon, Ascald, Munroe, Flue, Zurion, Kyuu
   -1 from Saukko
Support, but don't just randomly fling them about on other proposals.
CNCL000.008: Planet's can be modified immediatly for 1 essence after they are made as long as everyone agrees on this modification and it is done in the same tick or the direct next tick.
   +4 from Vir, Flue, Zurion, Charon
   -3 from Ascald, Munroe, Isgon
Oppose.
CNCL000.009: No worlds shall ever be of exact size, and may even be several times larger or smaller than expected.
   +3 from Axt, Flue, Zurion
   -2 from Ascald, Isgon
Oppose, although size should be more a guideline than an exactitude by the very nature of planet design.
CNCL000.010: Worlds will never be controlled, there will always be something unexpected, be it monster, savior, underground world, etc.
   +4 from Axt, Ascald, Flue, Zurion
   -1 from Isgon
Oppose.
C5: The creation of a creature will cost 5 essence and any traits added to the creature costs 1-2 essence each depending on the traits!
   +3 from Atian, Vir, Xenia Satis
   -3 from Saukko, Flue, Charon
Oppose.
Counter-proposal that the base cost of 5,000 traitless creatures cost 5E, and traits multiply the price.
1.2.Pb: The maximum number of planets will be limited to some function of the number of existing gods.
   +3 from Ascald, Flue, Zurion
   -1 from Isgon
Support, assuming that 'a planet blowing up' still counts as one planet or no longer counts.
1.2.3a: Creating 1000 Sapient Creatures costs 4 Essence and traits are added on by multiplying the base cost
   +3 from Isgon, Ascald, Charon
   -1 from Saukko
Oppose.
1.2.3b: Creating Non Sapient non powerful Animals or plants costs 0E
   +4 from Isgon, Saukko, Flue, Charon
   -1 from Ascald
Support that generic wildlife and nonsentients may be created so long as they are supported by the biosphere.

For instance, crystal life in a crystal biome, free, crystal life in a plant jungle, no.

1.2.3b.1?: 1E per two animals, considering it to be general categories like "bear" rather than  "Polar bear" and "Grizzly bear" being two different animals.
      +1 from Ascald
      -1 from Isgon
Oppose.
Axe 1: No worlds shall ever be of exact size.
   +4 from Axt, Ascald, Flue, Zurion
   -4 from Atian, Urthon, Saukko, Isgon
Support in context of
Axe 2: Worlds will never be controlled, there will always be something unexpected, be it monster, savior, underground world, etc.
   +7 from Axt, Ascald, Atian, Urthon, Saukko, Flue, Zurion
   -1 from Isgon

2a: Worship is based on planet population. Worship is calculated as so: P * 0.001 * F (GM note: Actual effect is 1E/1000 regardless of planetary population because the planet populations cancel out)
   +2 from Isgon, Flue
   -1 from Charon

CNCL000.018: Tea party:every two ticks gods will convene for a small brunch consisting of the finest delicacys and drinks our world's have to offer and share information and advice this meeting will restore 5 essence.
   +1 from Vir
   -2 from Saukko, Ascald

CNCL000.019: Every two ticks, Gods will convene with 1000 of their chosen people in a feast where each must bring the finest delicacies they can find. At the end of the feast, there will be a sweepstake game where each god must contribute at least 1 Essence to the pot, with more essence increasing their chance of winning, and the winner will take all the essences.
   +2 from Flue, Vir
   -2 from Saukko, Munroe

CNCL000.020: We may have tea time whenever we damn well please, just for enjoyment and no other reasons
   +1 from Kyuu

Axe 3: Mead is best drink
   +1 from Axt
Oppose
...: Sapiant mortals may be created but they do not automatically follow that god. Only through missionary effort a god can feed essence.
   +2 from Zurion, Flue
   -3 from Isgon, Munroe, Saukko
Oppose
...1: Following your sphere you gain essence, so for instance a Mountain god that builds mountains and mountain wildlife can get some essence before he is worshipped.
   +1 from Zurion
   -4 from Flue, Isgon, Munroe, Saukko
Support in the form of a .5E flat rebate on sphere activities.
GID.01: At no cost to any deity, the following forms: A large supergas giant, large enough to sustain minor internal fusion, producing a significant quantity of light in the form of a spoopy ethereal blue glow. Orbiting the Supergas giant will be a series of planet sized moons. 23 specifically. Their details remain vague and resolve into reality upon being defined by a deity. All moons are linked by a series of portals. 24 portals on each moon. 23 for the other moons and 1 for the upper atmosphere of the Supergas Giant they orbit. One of these moons is of Ice. One is of Fire. One is of Water. One is Barren. One is a Desert. One is a Jungle.
   +1 from Meow
   -2 from Axt, Zurion
Support.
Axe 4: Propose a realm of fire and a realm of ice, between these is the material plane, where earth will form from the mixture of fire and ice.
   +2 from Axt, Saukko
Oppose
Axe 5: Propose an orb of fire to provide sunlight to the earth it's over.
   +2 from Axt, Saukko
Support if not GID:02.
GID:02 At no cost to any deity, create the following: Create a boring earth-like planet. Create Manus, the Burning Light, and Len, the Soothing Sight. Both are spirits that follow each other in orbit around the planet, providing light and a night/day cycle. Len's light is much dimmer than Manus. During eclipses, Manus and Len mate, producing stars as children. These stars give off so little light that they are only visible at night.
   +4 from Charon, Isgon, Ascald, Zurion
   -3 from Saukko, Saukko, Axt
Support.
Axe Git 1: GID.02, but with cost for those who contribute.
   +1 from Axt
Oppose.
CNCL000.029: Create a system with five planets, whose properties are undetermined until a deity chooses to undergo the full creation process with one, save for the fourth and fifth planets. The fourth and fifth are large gas giants with an indeterminate number of rocky moons, large enough to sustain minor internal fusion and give off some light. These moons may be linked with portals given a civilization reasonably skilled with magic, and portals will be easy to create. The total number of inhabited moons and planets may not exceed (number of deities/2 + 8 ). This initial creation is free but defining planets/moons is not.
   +1 from Ascald
   -2 from Axt, Munroe
Oppose.
1.2.Pbf: A flat, earth like world will be created. The world will float on the back of a chocolate lab wearing a jetpack. The world will be 350 x 350 miles. (~3e11km2)
   +1 from Isgon
   -4 from Ascald, Kyuu, Atian, Saukko
Support, but expand just a bit more than that.
NW: We will all cooperate to create a Mars sized planet with mountains to the east, plains to the west, deserts to the north and a large forest to the south, all of it will be on 1 continent! We can name the planet and continent later. Also everything else on the planet will be covered in Water.
   +1 from Atian
Oppose due to vague wording.
CNCL000.032 (Axe 6?): Midgard: Propose a world from which all other realms will be connected, be it directly, or with one who is, even if it's a near infinite amount of worlds between it and Middle Earth.
   +1 from Axt
OPPOSE VEHEMENTLY.
Support
Support.

Propose that all Proposals be given a leading identifier showing what god proposed the proposal.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 04:12:27 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: April 29, 2016, 04:14:25 pm »

Support
Support

CNCL000.032 (Axe 6?): Support

Axe 2: Support

GID:02: Support

Support tea party
« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 04:21:23 pm by Vgray »

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: April 29, 2016, 04:33:11 pm »

[Axt, God of Enchanted Weapons]

"One earth to rule them all, one earth to find them.
One earth to bring them all, and in the darkness bind them.
"
Axt grabs a rock, which until now didn't exist. He throws the rock, it flies for several seconds, and then it suddenly stops.
Then the rock glows, before shooting light upwards, and ripples of light emanate horizontally.
"This will be the middle, I say this is where earth will stand. One earth for every to desire.
One can have the strongest barrier to block the passage between earth, but there will be a passage, one cannot separate earths.
"

"To let earths be separate, lets one destroy earths with no consequence, as they are wholly separate."
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: April 29, 2016, 04:44:05 pm »

"Now that I think of it. My opposition of one proposal is nonsensical."
Change vote on GID.02 back to Support.
"But if it is approved, I will still apply cost to myself. Axe Git 1 is to pay, because I want to pay."
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: April 29, 2016, 05:44:19 pm »

"One earth to rule them all, one earth to find them.
One earth to bring them all, and in the darkness bind them.
"
Axt grabs a rock, which until now didn't exist. He throws the rock, it flies for several seconds, and then it suddenly stops.
Then the rock glows, before shooting light upwards, and ripples of light emanate horizontally.
"This will be the middle, I say this is where earth will stand. One earth for every to desire.
One can have the strongest barrier to block the passage between earth, but there will be a passage, one cannot separate earths.
"

"To let earths be separate, lets one destroy earths with no consequence, as they are wholly separate."
>I find that proposition quite silly.  That presupposes the existence of a singular 'earth'.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: April 29, 2016, 05:58:15 pm »

"We can create all these funky worlds later. Right now let's just create a simple earth world to get our universe started"
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: April 29, 2016, 06:03:15 pm »

Saukko

"We can create all these funky worlds later. Right now let's just create a simple earth world to get our universe started"

"I find myself in agreement with this one."

Support

Propose
Clean:All proposals with two more neys the ayes will be trashed

Oppose

Propose:

N.2.9 - We will all cooperate to create a Mars sized planet with mountains to the east, plains to the west, deserts to the north and a large forest to the south, all of it will be on 1 continent! We can name the planet and continent later. Also everything else on the planet will be covered in Water.

Oppose

Midgard: Propose a world from which all other realms will be connected, be it directly, or with one who is, even if it's a near infinite amount of worlds between it and Middle Earth.

Oppose
« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 06:06:20 pm by hector13 »
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #249 on: April 29, 2016, 06:09:54 pm »

"I will officially propose my compromise. I desire a world full of conflict and strife as well, but not so much that it is constantly wracked by it, with no chances for mortal advancement in arts other than war. Additionally, the gods should be granted the ability to create their own separate worlds linked to the mortal one. Henceforth, I will officially propose:

Propose: A system of two planets and a sun will be created at no cost to anyone. The first planet will be somewhat larger than Earth-sized but similar overall, and the second will be a supergas giant with an indeterminate, but finite number of moons. These moons can be shaped and defined by a significant usage of Essence (20E, unless someone proposes a different cost.) The first planet will have basic biospheres created at no cost to anyone as well. This planet may be connected to the moons by portals, created either by divine action or by mortals possessing magical power.

Alternatively, this first creation may be performed at an initial cost to everyone equally. Proposing 4E as a baseline.

"Additionally, I suggest that we get started with sentient life, rather than worlds devoid of it.

Propose: A deity may create one population unit of a sentient race with three minor advantageous traits or the equivalent at no cost once, and only once.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: April 29, 2016, 06:11:45 pm »

Aye

Nay
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: April 29, 2016, 06:14:28 pm »

"I will officially propose my compromise. I desire a world full of conflict and strife as well, but not so much that it is constantly wracked by it, with no chances for mortal advancement in arts other than war. Additionally, the gods should be granted the ability to create their own separate worlds linked to the mortal one. Henceforth, I will officially propose:

Propose: A system of two planets and a sun will be created at no cost to anyone. The first planet will be somewhat larger than Earth-sized but similar overall, and the second will be a supergas giant with an indeterminate, but finite number of moons. These moons can be shaped and defined by a significant usage of Essence (20E, unless someone proposes a different cost.) The first planet will have basic biospheres created at no cost to anyone as well. This planet may be connected to the moons by portals, created either by divine action or by mortals possessing magical power.

Alternatively, this first creation may be performed at an initial cost to everyone equally. Proposing 4E as a baseline.

"Additionally, I suggest that we get started with sentient life, rather than worlds devoid of it.

Propose: A deity may create one population unit of a sentient race with three minor advantageous traits or the equivalent at no cost once, and only once.

Oppose Both

"Back in my day... Why should we get things for free? There should be an equal payment between all the gods for creating a planet and a star to sustain it - should we so desire, anyway - but I see no need to provide free races to everyone. Compared to the cosmic entities we create, they will cost peanuts!"
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: April 29, 2016, 06:20:38 pm »

Propose
1.2.Pst: One earth like planet will be created. It will orbit a sun sized sun. It will cost everyone 2E

1.2cc: Creating 200 trait less, worshipping creatures costs 1E

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: April 29, 2016, 06:22:08 pm »

Saukko

Propose
1.2.Pst: One earth like planet will be created. It will orbit a sun sized sun. It will cost everyone 2E

Support

1.2cc: Creating 200 trait less, worshipping creatures costs 1E

Oppose

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #254 on: April 29, 2016, 06:23:17 pm »

"I did suggest a cost for the first proposal, you know."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 135