Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 128

Author Topic: Mainpiston 2.0: Epilouge  (Read 180151 times)

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
Re: Mainpiston: Mission 1: The Idiot Express.
« Reply #345 on: June 27, 2016, 10:59:42 am »

Sorry, forgot to add this into the turn, for Groo his wounds are three broken ribs[resilience roll for breathing every two turns since he got that 5 for pain+risk of further damaging it if he gets another hit to the same area] and some bleeding [fix it in five turns and shock won't be an issue].

« Last Edit: June 27, 2016, 01:13:04 pm by MidnightJaguar »
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: June 28, 2016, 01:06:50 am »

"*cough cough*...is it...me...or is...the...plane tilting?...*cough cough...wheeze*"

Give the medic the bird. Explain to them I don't want to meet my brother again so soon. I would really appreciate it if they could keep me from dying.

Also, ask loudly why the plane is tilting.

If I am able after getting doctored on, go and take over flying for Nikolai.

((EDIT: Heh. Fine, fine, I'll be nice))

Resilience 4

You call very loudly to the medic to hurry the hell up but he currentlyl is to busy staring at his medical equipment like he’s never seen it before.

Keep trying to help Thad in the previously mentioned manner or by getting him an oxygen mask. But if he flips me off or is rude, don't give him morphine before any painful treatments.

Doctor 3
You abndon the search for a monkey and go back to grabbing an oxegen tank and cautery iron then you stop and stare at them, contemplating the meaning of life as Thadeus makes ever increasing attempts to get your attention.
Groo wanders back to Varion, and politely asks his corpse to bandage him up.

Also, if I'm understanding the turn correctly, Groo has three magazines--one empty, one with three shots, and one with a full eight.  He'll reload the empty one with four shots from the full one, and leave the three-round mag in his gun.

BAIL OUT BAIL OUT BAIL OUT

WHILE WEARING A PARACHUTE

Groo gets a bad feeling about this and jumps out the Catalina plane with a parachute . He watches as a huge explosions rocks the plane and sends it spiriang towards the earth as he floats slowly down towards the earth. He will land in two turns.
"Blin, guys, we are still losing speed and altitude! We need to get engines fixed, or we are going down!"

Is there some kind of autopilot here? If yes, put it on and go try to fix the engines, making sure to clip onto a line so as to not fall out of the plane.

If not, keep flying it as best I can.

You guys have yet to buy an auto pilot, so you decide to keep flying the plane
[Piloting 5] You keep the plane steady despite the failing engines if your all going to crash you are going to crash with style. Well you would except that now half the wing is gone. Now might be a good time to bail out.

Go EVA and fix those engines with my great -1 Engineering skill!
[Engineering 2] You clip on and climb out onto the wing of the plane the wind buffeting you and causing the tools you stole from Nikolias toolbox to jagle around you. You stare at the engine. You have no idea what the hell is wrong with it but that doesn’t stop you from tinkering around with it it makes even more of a sputtering noise that doesn't sound good.
[Reisilance 3] You watch as your own arm goes sailing away [resilience 2] you scream for a medic as you attempt to crawl back inside the now completely unstable plane
[wounds Adre is MISSING THEIR FUCKING ARM: bleeding out in at most three turns.]

Izalis is compelled by the powers that be to hopefully fix the plane before you all die.

[Engineering 1] Seizing the heaviest wrench she has the engineer whacks at the sputtering engine as hard as she can. This is clearly to much for the engine and it explodes in a shower of burning fuel and pistons. [Resilience roll 2 ]She looks down and sees that her legs are falling away to the ground below along with most of the wing. [resilience 5] she console herself with the fact that she will never have to worry about shaving them again as she drag herself back to the plane and once she's aboard loudly screams for a medic. [Resilience for shock 2] She goes into shock immediately after saying that.

[She's got two turns at the most before She bleeds out. That is some major arterial bleeding right there.]

EVERYONE: the plane is about to crash in a lethal way unless you bail out in a turn. Make your peace.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2016, 01:08:29 am by MidnightJaguar »
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: June 28, 2016, 01:08:29 am »

((seems everyone is fucked, nice to know I wasn't the only one :P
Hey, quick question. How much would it cost for a sword? For my next char of course))
« Last Edit: June 28, 2016, 01:15:04 am by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: June 28, 2016, 01:11:55 am »

medic
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: June 28, 2016, 01:13:45 am »

Bailbailbailbailbailbail. Try to land near teammates. Rip the sleeves off my shirt/jacket/whatever upper garment and shove it into my sucking chest wound. Maybe it will help?
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: June 28, 2016, 01:17:16 am »

"Oops, sorry. Got distracted by the plane blowing up. I'll fix you and the others on the ground if we make it."

Oh, for fuck's sake. Grab the oxygen tank, cauterizing rod, and any spare medical or daemonism kits, grab my parachute, and bail out. See about healing folks when I land. Oh, and grab the briefcase with the mission objective if nobody else grabbed it. If I can't carry all that, tie the spare kits together with their straps to the briefcase, wear my parachute, and forget about the cauterizing rod and oxygen tank so I have a free hand to pull the cord on my chute.

((I'm half tempted to say "Fuck it" and chance binding a powerful daemon to the plane in order to try to make it a mech or giant hardsuit that could mitigate the crash, even knowing about the indirect roll and only +2 bonus. Would I get a bonus for using multiple daemon kits?))
« Last Edit: June 28, 2016, 01:24:40 am by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: June 28, 2016, 01:25:14 am »

((You'd get more paint))

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: June 28, 2016, 01:28:44 am »

((It'd probably take too long to paint the plane mid-fall, though. And I guess our plane is so shitty it wouldn't stand up to containing a strong daemon, right? Didn't we have fighters at some point? Why didn't anybody use those to evac?))
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: June 28, 2016, 06:27:54 am »

((...Forgot about it, actually. I believe it's just one in the hold of the plane.))
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: June 28, 2016, 08:22:03 am »

Bail out. Curse a lot on my way out.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: June 28, 2016, 11:03:01 pm »

((seems everyone is fucked, nice to know I wasn't the only one :P
Hey, quick question. How much would it cost for a sword? For my next char of course))
swords would be about 2 coins though it would be rather unwieldy with a -1 for a short sword  and a -2 to a long sword when using it on the plane. Spears would have similar charectiecs but would also be useful for fighting beasts

medic
You call for a medic. Reciving no help you sit on the floor watching as the blood of your arm pools and grin manically for you are getting a hell of warriors death [Resilience 1] You keep the smile on your face as your vision fades and you die laughing.

"Oops, sorry. Got distracted by the plane blowing up. I'll fix you and the others on the ground if we make it."

Oh, for fuck's sake. Grab the oxygen tank, cauterizing rod, and any spare medical or daemonism kits, grab my parachute, and bail out. See about healing folks when I land. Oh, and grab the briefcase with the mission objective if nobody else grabbed it. If I can't carry all that, tie the spare kits together with their straps to the briefcase, wear my parachute, and forget about the cauterizing rod and oxygen tank so I have a free hand to pull the cord on my chute.

((I'm half tempted to say "Fuck it" and chance binding a powerful daemon to the plane in order to try to make it a mech or giant hardsuit that could mitigate the crash, even knowing about the indirect roll and only +2 bonus. Would I get a bonus for using multiple daemon kits?))
[Dex 1] You run to the briefcase but the plane tilts slightly and you end up falling out the nose of the plane without your chute. You hit the ground just before Thaddius.
((the dice were not kind.))
Bailbailbailbailbailbail. Try to land near teammates. Rip the sleeves off my shirt/jacket/whatever upper garment and shove it into my sucking chest wound. Maybe it will help?
[dex 1] You try to  run for your parachute but in your panic to escape you end up jumping out of the plane without your chute. You impact the ground with a rather sickening crunch right after seeing Damian impact.

((sorry about that ren the dice were not kind to you either))
Bail out. Curse a lot on my way out.
[dex 4] it’s close but you manage to bail out  before the plane gets too low and pull your ripcord immediately it hurts but it’s better than being dead.

“BLAYD BLYAD BLYAD, WHO WAS THE MORON WHO BLEW UP THE PLANE?”
Groo smiles and watches the plane crash.  Once he hits the ground, he heads to regroup with his buddies.
With a stupid on his face Groo watches as the plane crashes into the ground. He will land in a turn.

AIGRE:
[Medical 1]  Deciding to get this over with quick, you inject your self with a massive overdose of morphine and drift away from it all.

EVERYONE who's left: you watch as the plane crashes to the ground. The briefcase will have survived. So you might want to go retrieve that or get shot by some angry OSS spooks.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2016, 11:36:49 pm by MidnightJaguar »

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: June 28, 2016, 11:57:44 pm »

((...Did anyone aside from Pancaek and I survive?  Wow.))

When Groo lands, he continues towards the wreck.  If he happens upon any of his teammate's corpses, he'll loot them.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: June 29, 2016, 12:05:53 am »

Name: Rufferto
Description: Vaguely hispanic man, soft-spoken and helpful. Glad to help out with most things, but he swears off firearms. Things are haunted, you know. He's apparently an old friend of Groo, though confirming that with said inhuman monster may prove difficult.

Stats
Strength:     -1
Intelligence: +1
Dexterity:    +1
Resilience:   -1
Perception:   +0
Charisma:     +0

Skills
Piloting:     +1
Marksmanship: -2
Daemonism:    +0
Doctor:       +1
Beast mastery:+0
Engineering:  +0

Inventory:
service knife
backup service knife
emergency backup service knife
chef's knife
aviators clothing
medkit
medical book: laceration
« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 12:25:48 am by Egan_BW »
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 128