Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 128

Author Topic: Mainpiston 2.0: Epilouge  (Read 180042 times)

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
Re: Mainpiston 2.0:Mission 3: The Ghost of Missions Past.
« Reply #1066 on: October 19, 2016, 10:58:17 am »

Explain to them, in written form, what happened. And request a new arm. Then go search through the foot locker
[charisma 1] your attempts at recounting the tale of the base spiraling into madness, quickly becomes a fairly explicit set of memoirs about that one time you got fucking hammered and decided it would be a good idea to try and make love to a beast…Whoops.

"It crashed. Your weapon infected everyone. That's why you lost contact. It got me too. I have the command frequency for it, if either of you would be willing to help me develop a cure before it kills me. And I can explain more, but I'd like to not be infected and liable to die before that."

For the love of RNGeesus, don't make it a Charisma roll.
Hmm, the brass did say something about the weapon being out of control, but, only one way to find out. My partner will oversee the curing processes walk with him please. The silent spook motions for you to follow and starts walking towards a government issued car.

"Groo found new guns!"

Groo strikes a heroic, non-threatening pose with his two new revolvers.  Rufferto is still securely strapped to his torso, of course.
That's very nice Mr. Groo, were did you get them? I seem to recall one of your tea mats having a similar pair.

((Sorry about missing yesterdays turn, It was late and the browser crashed and I didn't have the energy to rewrite it.))

23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: October 19, 2016, 11:03:07 am »

Explain that it was worth it and both I and the beast were verry happy then go scavenge through the foot locker.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2016, 12:51:05 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: October 19, 2016, 12:47:35 pm »

((I suggest you write the turns in a text editor before posting; it makes it much more difficult to lose the post, and I find it to be easier anyway.  I recommend Notepad++, since it's pretty awesome, and is really good about preserving your text files, but really any editor works.))

"Uh-huh!  Girlie flew from sky and went pop on ground.  Groo do that before, but Groo always get up?"

Ahem.  Payment?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: October 19, 2016, 01:05:13 pm »

Enter THE WALL
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: October 19, 2016, 01:39:19 pm »

Go with the spook, get cured.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: October 19, 2016, 02:19:01 pm »

Oh yeah, THE WALL will also be getting a blubber beastmod, and will run around in a loincloth instead of a flightsuit.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: October 19, 2016, 07:18:23 pm »

Explain that it was worth it and both I and the beast were verry happy then go scavenge through the foot locker.
[charisma 4] You add a postscript detailing you interpreted the beasts movements and sounds as a sign of consent  and sign your name illegibly.
 You then open up the foot locker it's filled with clothes initially and your heart sinks but as you move the clothes aside you find a fascinating tidbit next to a picture of the officers wife is a spare hand for a daemon arm. This one seems optimized for extremely dexterous work if the impressive repair work done on the clothes is any indication.

((I suggest you write the turns in a text editor before posting; it makes it much more difficult to lose the post, and I find it to be easier anyway.  I recommend Notepad++, since it's pretty awesome, and is really good about preserving your text files, but really any editor works.))

"Uh-huh!  Girlie flew from sky and went pop on ground.  Groo do that before, but Groo always get up?"

Ahem.  Payment?
((thanks for the advice and the recommendation.))
In a suprsinglly sophisticated move Groo coughs and holds out his hand.
Ah, yes payment, well that is an interesting question there because while managed to apperntlly mostly discern what happened there you also manged to bring the entire island down along with the scientests notes.  Hmm he takes out five coins and hands them, to Phineaus, Good job on surving, Mr. he pauses for a moment in the effort of recollection Phineas, theres five more if you would hand over that arm. Mr. Groo if you would please surrender that Daemon leg you have on you then you’ll end up with ten coins. He calls out to his partner If, Mr.Mcwerenghul happens to survive the curing process give him however many coins you think is nessacry after hearing what he has to say.

Enter THE WALL
bucknaked  you burst through a nearby fence with your great shield screaming OH YEAH! The spook stares at you for a second before shrugging and motioning you towards the group.
Go with the spook, get cured.

you walk with the spook towards the car, as you get into the passenger seat theres a sudden blur of motion in next to you and you black out. You wake up to find your self strapped to a table theres a three tubes stuck in your arm and an everpresent noise that seems to be radiating from the silent spook. The silent spook has exchanged his suit for a set of scrubs with blood stained gloves. He holds up a laminated chart in one hand.

bending down he takes a tube out of your arm at the same time as the sound shuts off. [Resilience 2] Yah, that’s definitely a 9. You manage to gasp out nine and he shakes his head in disappointment. He reinserts the tube as the sound resumes. The pain disappears and exhausted you collapse. The spook pulls his mask down and speaks, his voice horribly distorted.

Thę oṕera͟tio͠n is ͢mơre͢ c͏o̸mpl̛ic̴ate̶ḑ ̛t̢han ͜w͟e͢ ̧e͠xp̨ect̀ed̷.͢ ́We ̧ar͜e͢ h͝avin͟g t͏ro̕ub̀l͠e ́re̴m͠o̸vin̨g t҉h͡e d̸a͝em͞ơn͡s ̸e͟s̛sence̛ fr̷om t͞h̨a͢t ǫf t̕he w͠eap̡o͏n̕s̀. Ẃe͢ a̷re f̢a҉ced with ̡tw̡o̸ ơpt̡io̵ņs͞,͘ we can ͠e̵nd̛ ͟t̵his òp͞eration ͏now màk̷in̛g͜ y͡o͞u͢ aǹ ̵ásym̷ptơm͜a̢t͘ic͏ ca̕r̸ri̵èr̡ ǫf t͡h͠e̶ ҉we͘ap̛o͜n o̸r we͡ ͡càn ̡a͏t҉te̷m͡pt to ͢c̴o͠m̛pletel͠y e͠rad͢i̧c͏atȩ ̴the w̴eap͞ǫns ̕sigńat͘u͟r̢e͝ ̵fr͢om ͟you and͠ yo͢ur͘ ͜daemo͘n̶ l̕im̴b̕s. We d̢on't ̕thin̡k͘ we n͞eed t̴o m̷en̛ti͢o̸n w͘hi̡ch wi̕l͢l̕ b̛e m͝or̴e pe̵r҉il͞o̸us̸ ͟f҉o͝r ̕y҉o͏u.̡
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: October 19, 2016, 09:04:36 pm »

"Okay!"

Groo returns the leg, and is quite happy with his ten coins.  Edit: Oh, and for his levelup Groo will put one point in perception (bringing it to +0), and the other stat point will be put in endurance (so it can go to +3 next level).  Both skill points will be invested in daemonism, bringing it up to +2.

((Question for other players: What things would you guys be interested in buying from Groo?  He's got two M1911s with three spare mags, two revolvers with two reloads, a shotgun, and a currently non-functional daemon knife hilt +9 (?).  I'd like to get another ten coins so Groo can purchase bone plates, but selling to other players is always preferable to NPCs.  Any offers?

Question for MJ: How much is the market price for buying revolvers?  And how expensive is the ammo?

Trivialedit: That is by far the most practical pain chart I've ever seen.  It actually questions based on a valid, understandable metric.  Most are bullshit "Does it hurt a little bit, or a lot?" things.))

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: October 19, 2016, 09:08:15 pm »

"Okay!"

Groo returns the leg, and is quite happy with his ten coins.

((Question for other players: What things would you guys be interested in buying from Groo?  He's got two M1911s with three spare mags, two revolvers with two reloads, a shotgun, and a currently non-functional daemon knife hilt +9 (?).  I'd like to get another ten coins so Groo can purchase bone plates, but selling to other players is always preferable to NPCs.  Any offers?

Question for MJ: How much is the market price for buying revolvers?  And how expensive is the ammo?))
((I still want the knife, syv. Need to get stuff and payment sorted out first, though.))

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: October 19, 2016, 09:55:00 pm »

Ask them to give me the daemon arm to replace my injured arm, I want something for repair and dextrous work.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2016, 10:21:42 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: October 19, 2016, 10:03:07 pm »

((syv: I can give you two GP, three more GP if I ever survive to get paid, and one mission of personal tank services for that knoife. Using a hilt as a weapon is a proud dark souls tradition, after all. Or at least I hope it is.

MidnightJaguar: At +3 Str does the greatshield require two hands to use or just one? At +3 Str can I still carry it in one hand and attack with the other, without using it to defend?))

THE WALL runs up to Speaking and waves, then holds his shield between them.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: October 20, 2016, 01:32:18 pm »

Daemian's eyes light up when he hears the spook speak, his interest making him completely forget about the situation he is in. "Your voice. You fused with a daemon? Or are you a daemon in a human body? Actually, I suppose it doesn't matter. Your business is your own. I only ask out of professional curiosity. Well, and a healthy dose of childlike fascination. One of my brothers dreamed of accomplishing such a fusion before he died. But I suppose my current predicament is more immediately pertinent than my questions."

"What if you integrate it? Shouldn't be as dangerous to me as trying to remove it, and not as dangerous to others as me carrying it without control. I have the control frequency of the weapon, and a modified version that I rigged by combining it with an old family frequency. The modified version served to drastically slow the progress of the infection back when we were on the base. If you use the modified version, it might make it easier by pacifying the infection. A side effect of using that frequency is that it also brought me into contact with the daemon inhabiting my arm and leg. I'm sure you are aware of the sentience of daemons, and since he would inadvertently share any consequences of my decision, I would like to discuss the options with him before I make a choice, if that would be alright and you could keep me alive while I'm unconcious. I'll need a blunt, though. Should be one in the top pouch of my pack. I think that's part of how I made the link the first time."

If it is okay with daemon spook, spark up a blunt and go talk to the daemon. Please don't let it be a CHA roll.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: October 21, 2016, 12:25:34 am »

"Okay!"

Groo returns the leg, and is quite happy with his ten coins.  Edit: Oh, and for his levelup Groo will put one point in perception (bringing it to +0), and the other stat point will be put in endurance (so it can go to +3 next level).  Both skill points will be invested in daemonism, bringing it up to +2.

Question for MJ: How much is the market price for buying revolvers?  And how expensive is the ammo?

Trivialedit: That is by far the most practical pain chart I've ever seen.  It actually questions based on a valid, understandable metric.  Most are bullshit "Does it hurt a little bit, or a lot?" things.))
((Indeed.))

Groo, hand over the leg

the revolver would sell for lets's see, it's relatively undamaged aside from the fall Jhoninics soft body cushioned the guns fall luckily enough  and let's see most people would give you 5 coins for the reovler it's buy price is 6 coins and ammo is 2 coins per 36.

Ask them to give me the daemon arm to replace my injured arm, I want something for repair and dextrous work.
An uinbuied standard arm is ten coins.

((syv: I can give you two GP, three more GP if I ever survive to get paid, and one mission of personal tank services for that knoife. Using a hilt as a weapon is a proud dark souls tradition, after all. Or at least I hope it is.

MidnightJaguar: At +3 Str does the greatshield require two hands to use or just one? At +3 Str can I still carry it in one hand and attack with the other, without using it to defend?))

THE WALL runs up to Speaking and waves, then holds his shield between them.
I think I told you this on IRC a while ago but just in case that's a product of my sleep deprived imagination it's 2 hands for carrying you can like slam it down and take cover and all that though.))

You run up to speaking spook and wave and then hide behind you sheild, he stares at you quizikelly.
Yes?

Daemian's eyes light up when he hears the spook speak, his interest making him completely forget about the situation he is in. "Your voice. You fused with a daemon? Or are you a daemon in a human body? Actually, I suppose it doesn't matter. Your business is your own. I only ask out of professional curiosity. Well, and a healthy dose of childlike fascination. One of my brothers dreamed of accomplishing such a fusion before he died. But I suppose my current predicament is more immediately pertinent than my questions."

"What if you integrate it? Shouldn't be as dangerous to me as trying to remove it, and not as dangerous to others as me carrying it without control. I have the control frequency of the weapon, and a modified version that I rigged by combining it with an old family frequency. The modified version served to drastically slow the progress of the infection back when we were on the base. If you use the modified version, it might make it easier by pacifying the infection. A side effect of using that frequency is that it also brought me into contact with the daemon inhabiting my arm and leg. I'm sure you are aware of the sentience of daemons, and since he would inadvertently share any consequences of my decision, I would like to discuss the options with him before I make a choice, if that would be alright and you could keep me alive while I'm unconcious. I'll need a blunt, though. Should be one in the top pouch of my pack. I think that's part of how I made the link the first time."

If it is okay with daemon spook, spark up a blunt and go talk to the daemon. Please don't let it be a CHA roll.
T̴alk Lat̵e̛r.̀ ͏O͜per͟a̛t̨iòn mus̡t be͝ ͞done͘ s̸oo͠n
The silent spook shrugs grabs a sheaf of paper labelled patient consent form and a pen from the operating table and quickly forges your signature….wait how did he now that was your signature. Shaking it off you politely ask for a blunt but he just shakes his head and presses a button on the large machine next to him as a very familiar rythem begins to emanate from him…when you wake up the daemon is sitting in the living room in a dressing robe and looks fairly tired.  Yes? What is it now human.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: October 21, 2016, 12:44:57 am »

"Oh, just our continued survival. I am currently being treated for the weapon's infection. We had two options. Finish the treatment and be a carrier for the infection, possibly transmitting it to others without our control even though we would suffer no side effects , or try to eradicate it and probably die in the process. And by probably, I mean almost certainly. I suggested a third option, that the infection be integrated into me. It's less risky than eradicating it, and safer for others since we would not be spreading it uncontrollably. It may even be beneficial to us, but it at least won't be hazardous. I merely stopped by to ask for your opinion, since this decision affects you as well. And I wanted to thank you for helping me earlier, getting down from that tree. Time is of the essence, though. The infection could still kill me if we do not choose a treatment path quickly."

Civil information giving, hopefully without a CHA roll. When I get the daemon's answer, wake up.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2016, 12:49:29 am by Beirus »
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 128