Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 128

Author Topic: Mainpiston 2.0: Epilouge  (Read 179154 times)

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
Re: Mainpiston 2.0:Mission 5: Roast Beast.
« Reply #1335 on: December 08, 2016, 02:20:02 am »

Phineus shrugs and then nods before walking over next to grue

Copiloting time!

get in the plane before grue!

Phineaus, sprints ahead of the lumbering Groo and dives into the pilots seat. He clutches the conrtos and is clearly not going to budge, The Wall also decides take the nose gunners seat next to Phienaus as there is no copilots seat. Dejected Groo wanders to the cleared out bomb bay waits there.

Go Capture the beast. Follow Groo onto the plane and watch him drive. Strap self down. Don't touch buttons with my epic piloting skills.
Anywhere you want to sit in particular? Theres the tail gunner if you want an actual seat and the turret gunners if you prefer the standing gun.Theres also a seat in the rear ventral gun and a added on one in the front ventral gun. Finding none of those to your liking you could also just hold onto something in the bomb bay. Damian is there right now with clearly high as a kite.

((Good luck with your exams, MJ.))

"You've never dealt with children before, have you daemon? Let me see if I can make this situation a bit more manageable." Daemian says to the daemon before turning to the Weapon. "53. First, I want to say thanks for doing so well helping me talk to other daemons. I'm proud of you. But it seems we need to set some rules. No more breaking the house. It makes me sad to see it broken like this, and it makes Mr. Daemon mad. If you want to punch something, I think i can make something for you to punch. Also, no more taking or using Mr. Daemon's things without his permission. And no more breaking his things. It is not considerate. If you want your own things that you can break, then tell me what you want and I will try to make it for you."

Conversation. Really hoping there won't be a CHA roll, but I can't really argue against it without knowing how 53 perceives Daemian. Anyway, you said Daemonism was for making things in the mental realm, right? Daemonism up a reinforced punching bag or training dummy for 53. Also Daemonism up new china for Mr. Daemon, and any non-dangerous stuff 53 asks for.
((thanks))
The daemon looks a little disappointed to hear that, BUT MR. DAMIAN, SURELY YOU WAN'T ME TO DESTROY? IT'S MY PURPOSE IS IT NOT?  though he perks up when you congratulate him on his good work THANK YOU MR.DAMIAN. Coming up with a solution as to the weapons peculiar urges you decide to summon up a training dummy. [daemonism 6+4=10] The dummy that is summoned is 7 feet high and is a near exact replica of michelangelos David except that it is composed of solid steel, and is wearing a leather breastplate. The daemon stares at you as the floor boards it's on top of start sagging before giving away and send the dummy crashing into the basement below. Dropping his smashed plates 53 drops down the hole after his new object of destruction. You feel pretty tired not as much as you would in the real world but it's not nothing. Either way, you take a breather and listen to the sounds of a solid steel statue being batted around the room. The daemon stares at you his anger evident on his face.No, I have not dealt with children before, my wife was barren. His inhuman face seems to take a somber tone the frequencies shifting around into a somber and more reflective tone.

23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
Re: Mainpiston 2.0:Mission 5: Roast Beast
« Reply #1336 on: December 08, 2016, 02:24:38 am »

Start plotting a course and getting on our way.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1337 on: December 08, 2016, 02:49:18 am »

Start cleaning up the bloodstains. By letting my arm slurp them up, of course.
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1338 on: December 08, 2016, 03:42:35 am »

Strap down in the forward gunner's seat where I can see everything. Be ready to go fix jams and malfunctions with my +1 engineering skill.
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1340 on: December 09, 2016, 12:59:40 am »

"Perhaps this is fate's way of giving you that opportunity. You could teach the Weapon. Teach him to control himself and act with restraint. You seem to be pretty good at that considering you haven't tried to kill me yet. Maybe teaching him to duel would help him learn control. And he may grow smarter as he gets stronger, so it wouldn't be too different from raising a child." Daemian says to the daemon as he recovers. "I'll make some new china for you once I get the energy, and then I can see about patching those holes."

It takes a daemon to raise a weapon. If I recover enough energy, see about getting the daemon a new set of china.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1341 on: December 09, 2016, 08:36:09 am »

I really like this video about non-pilot airmen manning the guns. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueBSG97qkSc
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1342 on: December 10, 2016, 02:05:06 am »

Start plotting a course and getting on our way.
[piloting 4] You take a pencil out and chart a course that should take you around most of the beast hot spots that you know of at least. With that boring task done you get to the fun part. You grab the controls and race through the preflight it's not like you can understand any of the checklist, it's all in German anyway. Tossing it aside you act on your general ideas of the rules of avionics and mange to get the plane started and warmed up. You taxi down the runway and take off into the wild blue yonder. As you fly you look around, Seems a couple of bags are around but they don't seem to be doing much. You eventually see the airfield the name FORD clearly emblazoned on it. Taking a calming breath you set the plane down in the overgrown runway. You check your map, the building looks to be about 1 mile away.

Start cleaning up the bloodstains. By letting my arm slurp them up, of course.
I believe we already discussed this on IRC. To recap, give it a mouth or some aviolis or something and then you can do that.

Strap down in the forward gunner's seat where I can see everything. Be ready to go fix jams and malfunctions with my +1 engineering skill.
YOu strap into the Ventral gunners seat since THE WALL and Priscilla are already in the Front gunners seat. You watch as some bags fly around. Nothing that threatening though. Their just bags. And theres only like five of them. Unlike when theres a big swarm, when you'd get a hundred of the fuckers, could strip a cow to the bone in seconds.

Groo will wait in the bomb bay, playing with Rufferto.  Both he and Ruffs will be wearing parachutes for the whole ride.
Groo and rufferto both strap into parachutes, Groo reaches into his pocket and after a little bit of rummaging around extracts a rib bone from it and begins to play fetch with Ruffferto using it.

"Perhaps this is fate's way of giving you that opportunity. You could teach the Weapon. Teach him to control himself and act with restraint. You seem to be pretty good at that considering you haven't tried to kill me yet. Maybe teaching him to duel would help him learn control. And he may grow smarter as he gets stronger, so it wouldn't be too different from raising a child." Daemian says to the daemon as he recovers. "I'll make some new china for you once I get the energy, and then I can see about patching those holes."

It takes a daemon to raise a weapon. If I recover enough energy, see about getting the daemon a new set of china.
The daemon makes a sound that you assume is a sigh,Why, must I always play the maid to your mistakes? But you seem too now what this is and thus out of a lack of anything else, I will teach the weapon to duel, if it's old enough to destroy my house it's at least old enough to learn how to fight me over it. Perhaps in time and with education he will eventually make a useful scribe. Or become knowledgeable in the natural sciences. The daemon stares at you his frequencies shifting in a barely controlled meter. But, if this things utterly destroys this house, because you misjudged it's nature. The next time you come here, only one of us will leave hear alive. My family has owned this house for three generations, I will not see it destroyed piecemeal by whatever ruffian you drag in.

I really like this video about non-pilot airmen manning the guns. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueBSG97qkSc
I watched it. Was pretty interesting.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 10, 2016, 03:55:12 pm by MidnightJaguar »
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1343 on: December 10, 2016, 03:13:51 am »

Load gun and wait near the exit.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1344 on: December 10, 2016, 02:20:57 pm »

Groo exits the plane, not strapping Rufferto to himself quite yet, and looks around for beasts to kill.  For now he'll keep his katana at the ready, but won't preemptively shoot anything.

((I just checked, Groo should have 17 coins, should have the normal shotgun removed, and have three more loose shotgun rounds.  Also, two luger mags, one of which would be loaded into the empty luger.))

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1345 on: December 10, 2016, 04:22:36 pm »

Ah, damn it. Fixed, sorry about that.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1346 on: December 10, 2016, 08:29:45 pm »

"We should go make sure 53 is aware of how things are going to go." Daemian replies, ignoring the daemon's threat for the moment as he makes his way to the basement. "53, we're here. Please stop hitting things so we don't get accidentally hurt." Daemian loudly announces as they get closed to where the Weapon is. "So, here is how things will work. You will refrain from destroying this house any further. It has sentimental value to Mr. Daemon, who still hasn't seen fit to tell me his name, and I'm afraid continued destruction may drive him mad. Then I'll have to deal with his outrage and I will be very unhappy. In return, he will teach you how to duel to teach you control. He will also be responsible for teaching you other things as you grow. Think of him like a parent or mentor. And do not kill him. Also do not let him kill you." Daemian pauses for a moment to let the Weapon process the information before continuing. "You said you were made to destroy, and you are. But you cannot destroy anything from in here, and you shouldn't destroy anything here because it would upset Mr. Daemon. What you can do is help me to destroy my enemies. The most effective way I can think of, short of being able to actually attack with your power or use it to imbue objects to use, is for you to provide energy for me to use the daemon tools that I have. If you could do that, it would be very helpful. Do you have any questions?"

Talky stuff. If my energy fully recovers, see about making some fine china for Mr. Daemon with daemonism.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1347 on: December 11, 2016, 02:47:31 am »

Load gun and wait near the exit.
You lock and load and stand by the door.

Groo exits the plane, not strapping Rufferto to himself quite yet, and looks around for beasts to kill.  For now he'll keep his katana at the ready, but won't preemptively shoot anything.

((I just checked, Groo should have 17 coins, should have the normal shotgun removed, and have three more loose shotgun rounds.  Also, two luger mags, one of which would be loaded into the empty luger.))
Groo steps out of the plane, and for the first time that he can remember, intentionally sets foot on the ground.

"We should go make sure 53 is aware of how things are going to go." Daemian replies, ignoring the daemon's threat for the moment as he makes his way to the basement. "53, we're here. Please stop hitting things so we don't get accidentally hurt." Daemian loudly announces as they get closed to where the Weapon is. "So, here is how things will work. You will refrain from destroying this house any further. It has sentimental value to Mr. Daemon, who still hasn't seen fit to tell me his name, and I'm afraid continued destruction may drive him mad. Then I'll have to deal with his outrage and I will be very unhappy. In return, he will teach you how to duel to teach you control. He will also be responsible for teaching you other things as you grow. Think of him like a parent or mentor. And do not kill him. Also do not let him kill you." Daemian pauses for a moment to let the Weapon process the information before continuing. "You said you were made to destroy, and you are. But you cannot destroy anything from in here, and you shouldn't destroy anything here because it would upset Mr. Daemon. What you can do is help me to destroy my enemies. The most effective way I can think of, short of being able to actually attack with your power or use it to imbue objects to use, is for you to provide energy for me to use the daemon tools that I have. If you could do that, it would be very helpful. Do you have any questions?"

Talky stuff. If my energy fully recovers, see about making some fine china for Mr. Daemon with daemonism.
While its a struggle to be heard over the sounds of a solid steel statue being slowly pummeled into a piece of scrap metal.  [charisma 6] Your fairly sure that 53 gets the message but it's hard to tell, he doesn't seem to stop pummeling the statue, however he does seem to slow down his pummeling. 53 responds I DON'T KNOW ABOUT THAT SIR! I'M NOT ENTIRELY SURE I CAN PROVIDE ENERGY!….SPEAKING OF SIR WHAT IS ENERGY? BUT ARE YOU SURE I CAN'T DESTROY ANYTHING OUTSIDE? I HAVEN'T TRIED YET!

Your feeling better, but not 100% pretty close though, [int 4] your guessing that the fact that your in your head is letting you either spend less energy or recover from it faster, you can't tell nor do you have any idea why. Home field advantage perhaps?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1348 on: December 11, 2016, 03:14:32 am »

Go forth and Tank.
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1349 on: December 11, 2016, 10:20:52 am »

Go forwards and support
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 128