Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 785 786 [787] 788 789 ... 3519

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 3686900 times)

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread: D. C. on summer break
« Reply #11790 on: August 26, 2017, 06:37:33 pm »

The fact that you dump everyone here on an amorphous "left" is telling.  I am not part of the American left. I am not American.  What I see is the pattern with your posts. Pretty much each and every single most you made in the last few months has been about Trumo getting a bad rap, or neonazis getting vilified,  etc..   
You can only go so far giving the benefit of doubt to some people
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #11791 on: August 26, 2017, 06:38:43 pm »

*Look at thread*

*Notice the pattern of people getting increasingly frustrated around blocked Neonivek posts*

Welp, that's a decision I don't regret and I can heartily recommend.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #11792 on: August 26, 2017, 06:38:48 pm »

Sort of. They are also the loudest proponents FOR bigotry.

Ugh... I'm done.  You have completely and utterly lost me.  I cannot comprehend your perspective in the slightest at this point, and am not going to try and engage with it anymore, until you provide some serious explanation and substantiation.  Something more than vague stuff about overzealous SJWs you've met, minor singular events that no one supports, or hyper-paranoid ramblings about disagreement being a slippery slope to thought crime.

It's like trying to discuss politics with the Mad Hatter at this point.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11793 on: August 26, 2017, 06:42:11 pm »

Pretty much each and every single most you made in the last few months has been about Trumo getting a bad rap, or neonazis getting vilified,  etc.. 

This is COMPLETE and utter fiction. You made this up.

Sort of. They are also the loudest proponents FOR bigotry.

Ugh... I'm done.  You have completely and utterly lost me.

Because you never tried. You are too busy attacking to even attempt to understand.

In fact you never asked any real honest questions. Just one accusation and one "Wait what?".
« Last Edit: August 26, 2017, 06:51:10 pm by Neonivek »

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11794 on: August 26, 2017, 06:45:16 pm »

Lets cool this before someone gets banned or the thread locked. also people really need to just stop using the vague "left and right" they don't mean anything as they are too vague as terms for groups.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11795 on: August 26, 2017, 06:48:03 pm »

Lets cool this before someone gets banned or the thread locked. also people really need to just stop using the vague "left and right" they don't mean anything as they are too vague as terms for groups.

It is basically just me versus everyone else... So who really needs to cool it?

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11796 on: August 26, 2017, 06:49:30 pm »

It is basically just me versus everyone else... So who really needs to cool it?

Well, if you did, there'd be no problem. If someone else did, everyone else but them would still be against you, as you see it.

So, logically...you?

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #11797 on: August 26, 2017, 06:53:20 pm »

I've been on forums with strong "no-politics" policies. Too bad toady doesn't have that here...

I can't help looking in here occasionally, and I almost never see anything good.
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11798 on: August 26, 2017, 06:54:29 pm »

Fine I am done. Continue on.

I've been on forums with strong "no-politics" policies. Too bad toady doesn't have that here...

I can't help looking in here occasionally, and I almost never see anything good.

A dedicated Politics section is fine.

Heck even though people get heaped on here... It is still nice to have one.

---

But yes Continue. I am not going to be here for the rest of the day (maybe week but frankly I wouldn't bet on it).
« Last Edit: August 26, 2017, 06:56:44 pm by Neonivek »

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11799 on: August 26, 2017, 06:57:05 pm »

Bernie attacked White people... that wasn't right to attack.
I don't get you at all with that.  Apart from this being the very mirror of "You don't get to use the phrase Nerf Herder, only we Nerf Herders get to use that phrase!".

(I'm open to my perspective being skewed. I'm middle-of-the-road UK-type person, so probably a pinko commie librul who is about to take the guns from everyone. But even allowing for personal innate prejudices against... all those actually righteous things that I might be prejudiced against... I can't seem to put myself in your mindset without going well over onto the wrong side of various lines. I know a guy like you. A good friend. Intelligent. Knowledgable. Should absolutely never be given any form of political power, because he's not just to the right of Genghis Kahn, he's complaining that Genghis Kahn was too soft on crime.)

This was my intended to be "I'm bowing out" message, though I forgot to say. The trouble being that I'd already been bowing out before, so not sure where tbat leaves me. Also, it's not intended to be an attack on Neo (maybe, though, one upon my friend... I'm serious about him!) but it's the best I could come to explaining my dissonance. And only a few hours ago, I was going to post a "Cool it!" message, but instead I got drawn in. So I'm now cooling me, first of all. Hoping to, anyway.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2017, 07:02:09 pm by Starver »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11800 on: August 26, 2017, 07:09:06 pm »

Also I will say (no I am not back) if anyone wants to know any of my positions and is serious about it.

Feel free to PM me. Might be easier in a direct format.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #11801 on: August 26, 2017, 07:32:24 pm »

Neo, I apologize for anything that may have been or perceived as a personal attack.  I'll admit that last post halfway was.

I fully read this thread, and have been periodically debating you, playergamer, and some less frequent others on this point for months.  I just don't get it.  I have tried.  Statements like "the left are the biggest proponents of bigotry" are complete non-sequitor to me.  And I've never seen significant substantiation with them.  I see the origins of the sentiments, but find them to be incomplete, shallow, and misguided notions.  Its frustrating, especially because I see this trend everywhere I witness political discussion.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #11802 on: August 26, 2017, 08:28:54 pm »

Neonivek has had enough warnings, which apparently don't work at all, and I'm tired of the reports.  At some point the disruption just has to be ended.  So that's over with.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11803 on: August 26, 2017, 08:31:09 pm »

Aw man. I knew he got on some people's nerves, intentionally or not, but seemed okay. Did get on peoples nerves more than typical recently.

Onward, to... something.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2017, 08:34:59 pm by smjjames »

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #11804 on: August 26, 2017, 08:36:27 pm »

Hmm... I feel kinda guilty about that... because I always interpreted his heart as being in the right place, but cursed with confused perspectives, horrible communication skills, and an impulse to make bold statements before he has his thoughts in order.  Really bad combination of personal quirks it is.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Pages: 1 ... 785 786 [787] 788 789 ... 3519