Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Minimalist: The Reverse Karmic Device RTD (5/5) [Full]  (Read 7280 times)

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
Re: Minimalist: The Reverse Karmic Device RTD (5/5) [Full]
« Reply #45 on: March 09, 2017, 03:36:15 pm »

A storm broke something and the zone where I live will be without electricity for a unknown time feel free to skip or killing my character if I cannot post in time.
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 14, 2017, 10:29:32 pm »

Sorry for the delay!

Let him go and continue walking to your apartment.

Burn the -1 karma you are supposed to test this thing after all.

A storm broke something and the zone where I live will be without electricity for a unknown time feel free to skip or killing my character if I cannot post in time.
((No worry, I will skip if needed.))

[4+1] The shady man flees from the scene, leaving you victorious and unscathed. You resume walking toward your apartment, and on the way a piece of paper lands straight in your face.
You pick it up and look at it. It's a mere lottery ticket, but something is telling you this cannot be a coincidence...

[+Lottery Ticket]

You finally reach your apartment, a small one piece barely large enough for a single person.

Spoiler: Hugh Mann's Status (click to show/hide)

:Ohh, I wonder if theres any music around here,,,:
I look for music to play on the old 'Phone

[3] You find curious discs seemingly made to fit in an area of the gramophone. The music starts playing, echoing in the endless wreckages surrounding you.
You savor the old tune, moving rhythmically to the variations.

Suddenly the music stops, and the gramophone coughs. And talks.
"Ow... What time of the day is it?"

Others:
-the Gramophone

Spoiler: SCREWUP's Status (click to show/hide)
[/quote]

Rearing back, I shriek from the claws. Then, I slowly look down...

I see he's blind and on his back, while i'm hurt and angry. While I have the upper hand, beat him within an inch of his life with every weapon I've got.

[1] vs [4]
Standing atop the creature, you prepare to unleash a flurry of wild claw swipes and tail stabbing to finish it off. You aim its tail at its head, and strike... but it dodges the attack as if it saw it coming!
Your tail sticks itself in the ground, and before you can follow up with a swipe, the reptile slashes at your head with its powerful claws.

The impact injures you and stuns you, and you lose your balance.

It's only a hunch, but your instinct is telling you this creature may be able to see the heat of living beings.

Hostile:
-Feathered humanoid reptile [Blinded]

stand my ground. If it attacks, dodge out of the way and counterattack with a quick slash to it's back legs.

[6] vs [5]
You wait for the monster to make the first move. Two seconds pass, and the massive bear charges at you.
You swiftly dodge to the right, and perform a masterful slash at its back leg's heel, aiming to cut the tendon.

The attack succeeds, but your sword ends up stuck in the beast's tough flesh.

The black bear turns back and sweep you away with a arm monstrous blow. You feel your organs being compressed, and your spine on the verge of collapsing as you fly like a ragdoll. You crash a dozen meters away, coughing blood and with bruises everywhere.

[Sword stuck in the Bear]

Hostile:
The Black Demonbear of the Forest [Hind leg tendon slashed]

Look around in this room with the flashing red lights for the convenient switch to turn off the Emergency Lockdown, collecting any interesting mechanical gears and parts along he way

[5] You shrug, and calmly look for the switch to solve the situation. You spot it nearby, and just walk over it. The switch pulled, the lights stop and you resume your scavenging.
The security will probably think it was a false alarm or some prank anyway.

You scavenge enough useful parts and materials to assemble what you call a "Gnome's Pile of Wonders". You are pretty sure you could build a lot of thing with this.

[+Gnome's Pile of Wonders]

Spoiler: McSqueaky's Status (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 14, 2017, 10:57:25 pm by Nakéen »

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 15, 2017, 12:30:51 am »

Yrrr...

MUST NOT FAIL THE HIVE. Momentarily retreat to recover from the stunning blow.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 15, 2017, 05:18:45 am »

Sir Erickson: Keep my distance, and check my adventurer's kit for a knife.
Karmic device: spend negative karma to boost my roll to dodge attacks.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 15, 2017, 05:37:02 am »

sleep

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 15, 2017, 07:48:09 am »

:I think its underground o clock. But I don;t have a watch on me,:
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 15, 2017, 09:22:10 pm »

Find a decent looking workspace within the storage room and beginning constructing a body for my golem from my Gnome Pile's of Wonder, make it have the general shape of a being with four metallic limbs

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 26, 2017, 02:18:27 am »

Past weeks were pretty busy, updates will be steadier now.

Yrrr...

MUST NOT FAIL THE HIVE. Momentarily retreat to recover from the stunning blow.

[6] You scramble away, leaving the equally stunned creature on the ground. The creature is injured, and another occasion may present itself later.

You leave a trail of blood in your wake...

Hostile:

Sir Erickson: Keep my distance, and check my adventurer's kit for a knife.
Karmic device: spend negative karma to boost my roll to dodge attacks.

[6] You stand back up painfully, and search your backpack for a knife of some sort. You feel a sharp pain in your hand.
From your backpack, you pull out a long and finely crafted hilt less dagger. A single blade of steel you found in one of your travels...

Weapon:[Hiltless Dagger]

The bears roars and charges at you. Remembering the old mans words, you activate the karmic device, and feel a strange alteration of the surrounding air.

[Karmic device activated]

Bear: [1]
Sir Erickson: [2+2] [4]
You stand ready for dodging and counterattacking, calmly facing the black rage coming at you. But in a benevolent twist of fate, the Demonbear trips because of the pain in your sword, making him loses balance and utterly misses its blow aimed at your fragile head.

A loud sound is heard as it falls and slams in a tree behind you, making it fall with it.

Like following a hidden trail, you jump on a rock, then on the bears back. With the dagger grasped in both hands, you stab with all your forces in the neck area of the bear. A massive stream of blood gushes out of the wound.

Hostile:
The Black Demonbear of the Forest [Hind leg tendon slashed] [Neck cut open and bleeding]

sleep

You sleep, exhausted by this agitated day...

(...)

"Psh. Pshhh."

Someone calls out to you. You open your eyes. Is this a dream? A man wearing a purple and vibrant tuxedo is standing in front of you, the face obscured with a smiling carnival mask.

He has your Karmic Device in his hand.

"Are you the owner of this trinket?"

:I think its underground o clock. But I don;t have a watch on me,:

"Ugh oh. Mmh, guess I overslept or something then?"

There is an odd silence for a moment.

"Where are my manners. My name is Ed. May I inquire your name?"

Others:
-the Gramophone

Spoiler: SCREWUP's Status (click to show/hide)

Find a decent looking workspace within the storage room and beginning constructing a body for my golem from my Gnome Pile's of Wonder, make it have the general shape of a being with four metallic limbs

[1] For some reason known only to you, this unstable table seems like a great workspace. You start working on a golem, forming limbs from pieces and joining them together into a bigger frame.

The sweet music of cutting metal, melding it, all to create something greater. You hum as you build the golem, and even dance.

(...)

After hours of working, you gaze at your masterpiece.

Mmh.

It has 7 limbs. You may have lost count somewhere after the second, it tends to happen when you get too involved.

Mmh.

It doesn't look very steady. Well, it did seemed steady when you were on it.

Mmh.

It may have been an utter failure and waste of resources.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 26, 2017, 09:23:52 am »

Stalking through the trees, find the lizard creature.

If I find it, lower my tail and stab it in the spine.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 12:35:53 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 26, 2017, 09:51:45 am »

wedge that blade in there, and pull my sword free of that leg.
(Welcome back again nakeen!)
« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 09:54:04 am by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 26, 2017, 09:57:55 am »

"Maybe? I am being paid to test it but I was fired the same day so not sure if I must keep it or give it back later" Hugh shrugs "I like your suit and mask is a good mysterious style"

Hugh Mann looks around trying to notice if this a dream or not. If not try to re-obtain the luck-device-thing

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 26, 2017, 09:06:09 pm »

"Accidents don't happen. Their just happy little mistakes"
Restart on the body, make it have the shape of a large metallic dog

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 29, 2017, 12:20:54 am »

Stalking through the trees, find the lizard creature.

If I find it, lower my tail and stab it in the spine.

[4] Under the cover of the trees foliage, you hide your presence and stalk your opponent. You wait, and wait... until finally an occasion.

You silently lower your tail behind the confused reptile, and swiftly strikes.

[5] A perfectly clean stab, the creature is killed on the spot. It falls dead, and you finally feel relief.

Hostile:

wedge that blade in there, and pull my sword free of that leg.
(Welcome back again nakeen!)

[1] You start pushing on the blade, but a wrong move makes you slip. You attempt to grab onto the blade reflexively, opening a large cut in both your hands.

Then the blood makes you slip even further toward the blade, and you end up partially stabbing yourself in the shoulder, dangerously close to the artery.

You are dangerously close of falling off the still moving bear.

Hostile:
The Black Demonbear of the Forest [Hind leg tendon slashed] [Neck cut open and bleeding]

"Maybe? I am being paid to test it but I was fired the same day so not sure if I must keep it or give it back later" Hugh shrugs "I like your suit and mask is a good mysterious style"

Hugh Mann looks around trying to notice if this a dream or not. If not try to re-obtain the luck-device-thing

[5] This feeling of torpor, of your surroundings being both so real yet alien. It is indeed a dream, and as you focus a bit more you do realize there is no real surroundings, only a shifting blackness.

You politely ask for the curious device back after complimenting the gentleman. He nods understandingly, and hands you back the device.

"I commend your fine taste Mister. From what I can guess, some god of luck has taken quite the liking to you! Or should I say, to us."

He makes a grand gesture, spreading his arm upwards.
"Call me the Man with the Mask (and a tuxedo)! I am none else but a split persona of yours! The other you! They call it mental illness, insanity... I call it a miracle!"

Wake up?

"Accidents don't happen. Their just happy little mistakes"
Restart on the body, make it have the shape of a large metallic dog

[3] Failure is but another start! Undefeated, you gather what useable materials are left and start working on a new prototype body.

After a good while of working, you are only half done. You need more materials...

« Last Edit: March 29, 2017, 01:05:19 am by Nakéen »

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 29, 2017, 12:34:29 am »

The Alien looks over the corpse with mixed feelings. On the one hand, it won. On the other, it still needs a host for a Queen.

Wander off looking for a host I can capture alive more easily. Maybe a deer or something like that.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2017, 01:21:57 am by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 29, 2017, 04:47:21 am »

"Well it was a pleasure meeting you"

wake up and go towards a cafe is time for breakfast
« Last Edit: March 29, 2017, 06:30:06 am by ziizo »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5