Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 35

Author Topic: Fields of Magical Murder: A Perplexicon Game. T20 [Or That Arm] [W0-E10]  (Read 52718 times)

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile

Spoiler: East Wind Academy? (click to show/hide)
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile

Spoiler: Westwood style (click to show/hide)
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sorry about my lateness; I'll catch up now and then post.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

Toaster is running a Perplexicon game? Oh my!

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Spoiler: East (click to show/hide)
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

How did you not notice this until now?

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Spoiler: Your Eastliness (click to show/hide)
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

I run 4 games while in med school. I don't generally spend my time browsing the forums...or looking at literally anything besides my threads.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile

I run 4 games while in med school. I don't generally spend my time browsing the forums...or looking at literally anything besides my threads.
....How do you even run four games?!
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile

....How do you even run four games?!

Well, he is a skeleton.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile

Spoiler: East! (click to show/hide)

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile

I could have sworn that I posted my action earlier. Oh well...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Just waiting on Whisperling then.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile

Spoiler: West (click to show/hide)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

TEAM EAST

Derm finishes his run at the base of the capture point.  The capture point is a stone obelisk about three feet high sitting on a pentagonal stone base.  Standing on the base itself, one can feel its aura.  The base has some faint runes of protection inscribed upon it; you feel that nothing will destroy this.  This point is set in a wide empty area.  To his left is a large stone wall; there is a tunnel through it on this end.

He does some quick magic as he focuses on the point.

[Pot:2+2]

This produces a simple set of leather gloves.  Beats nothing?  He slaps them on.

[Pot:5+2]

A massive pair of thick leather leggings appears.  Uhhh... they're awfully big.  They could be worn, but they'd make running really hard.  Sure you want to put them on?

[Pot:3+2]

A fine image of a mace appears.

Spoiler: North-East (click to show/hide)

Poe Pello takes his time a bit, so that he can work in some magic.

[Pot:5+2]

This gives an image of a massive pyramid.  Wonder what's buried inside?

This looks like some teeth.  Maybe really sharp ones?

[Pot:6+2]

You behold massive and perfect bracers.  You'd think they could reflect nuclear missiles.

[Pot:4+2]

A large and powerful looking mace.

This last image is a bold and powerful warhorse.

Spoiler: East (click to show/hide)

It's more of a skull polearm, but sure.

Greg runs past Derm and into the field beyond.  It is also a wide open area, but floating overhead is a series of crystals of various colors.  They are floating out of reach, probably 15 to 30 feet overhead.  To his left is a second tunnel through the stone wall.

At the end of the field is a wide canyon, with three bridges crossing it.  One looks sturdy, one appears to be a loose collection of floating blocks, and the last... is really hard to look at.  Somehow it starts on the right side of the island, goes right out into the abyss... but also ends on the left side across the canyon.  How... how?

Spoiler: Your Eastliness (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: East! (click to show/hide)

Sir Lootington and Bastien run past Derm and through the tunnel heading south.  The tunnel is not very big, but it's enough for two people to pass comfortably.  Emerging from it, they find themselves in a grassy field.  There is green everywhere, with several small scrubby bushes peeking out of the grass.  It's very peaceful.

TEAM WEST

Spoiler: Westwood style (click to show/hide)
I could have sworn that I posted my action earlier. Oh well...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Enki dashes up all the way to the capture point in the southwest of the map.  He prepares himself for capturing it, and is quickly joined by Larry.

Spoiler: West (click to show/hide)

(I'm going to assume you meant move east, since west is backwards)

Johnny starts with a spell.

[Pot:6+2]

A dark shining shape forms before him.  It coalesces into a massive dangerous-looking halberd.  The shaft is made of bone, with ornamentation of skulls.  The blades are made of wickedly sharp shining crystal.  It looks like an extremely effective and deadly weapon... for someone nine feet tall.  It's awfully big for a normal-sized person; with his noodley muscles, he's not even sure he could use it as a weapon at all.

Johnny hefts it anyway, and hauls it with him toward the front lines.  He makes it to the southern capture point before dropping the massive weapon beside the point to free himself for more magic.

Magical sparkles cover his entire torso, then fade out.

The same thing happens with his right arm.

Spoiler: Weeeeeest (click to show/hide)

Jefro heads into the grassy field, ready to work magic.

[Pot:3]

This results in an odd thing; it appears to be a whip made out of ceramic.  The whip part is slightly segmented, but one good whip with it will probably destroy it.

[Pot:3]

You are rewarded with another vision of the plane of nature of whatever this happens to be; you're not really sure.

"Right... ho."

[Pot:1+1]

This gives you some kid-sized steel gloves. They're pretty useless since they don't flex any.

The wolf is disinclined to follow.  The puppy rapidly follows you, however; seems you've made a friend.

Quote from: Team East, 0 Points
ATHATH: Good Guy Greg - East Floating Crystals (Ethereal-Steel Aura [3 turns], 6 Pool) [Ethereal half-cape, Deathtouched guisarme]
Person: Sir Lootington - East Grassy Field (5 Pool)
Derm: Derm - East Capture Point  (5 Pool) [Leather Gloves]
Shadowclaw: Bastien - East Grassy Field (3 Pool)
OceanSoul: Poe Pello - East Capture Point (5 Pool)  [Dented sheet of purple metal]

Quote from: Team West, 0 Points
FallacyofUrist: Mr. Smith - West Outer Fort, North (4 Pool)
AoshimaMichio: Enki - West Capture Point (3 Pool) [Druidic Dagger, not equipped]
Dolosus: Larry Laffer - West Capture Point (5 Pool)
Whisperling: Johnny - West Capture Point (5 Pool) [Massive Deathtouched crystal halberd]
Coolrune:  Jefro - West Grassy Field (4 Pool) [Steel Gauntlets]

For clarity's sake, the two bridge capture points are the North and South capture points.  The two on the flanks are the East and West capture points.

Also, I will be away from mid-Saturday until sometime Wednesday.  If you get your actions in fast, I'll do another turn before I go.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 35