Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 35

Author Topic: Fields of Magical Murder: A Perplexicon Game. T20 [Or That Arm] [W0-E10]  (Read 52903 times)

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile

Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Just missing one.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile

I believe it's shadowclaw.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile

Spoiler: Eastern Supremacy (click to show/hide)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Our cruisers can't repel firepower of that magnitude!
« Reply #425 on: May 19, 2017, 01:19:18 pm »

Note:  In the last turn's status block, I had listed South point as East controlled.  Upon further review, I couldn't find anywhere it had been flipped at any point in either direction.  If I am wrong, please correct me.

TEAM EAST

Despite a Westerner running straight past you, you're still undisturbed enough to capture the point!

*WEST POINT NOW CONTROLLED BY EAST TEAM*

[Speed:6-1]

Enki comes in for another stab.

[Dex:4-1-1]

He cuts another line on an arm, but it just annoys you.  Time for a counter!

[Pot:3+2]

A burst of sound leaves your ears ringing and Mr. Smith clutching your ears.   Your eyes are still watering, but you can see well enough now.

Spoiler: Wandering East (click to show/hide)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Let's see, who is closest?  That guy who keeps taking pot shot at Poe!  You CHAAAARGE him!

[Dex:6]
[Str:3-1]

Well, you clip him, but he rolls with the blow and doesn't look seriously hurt.  You wheel around and prepare for another attack.

With the immediate threat gone, you sneak in some science.

[Pot:2]

You get a tiny metallic pair of... wings?  It's hard to see; they're toy sized.

Spoiler: Eastern Supremacy (click to show/hide)

You just have to do everything yourself, don't you?

*SOUTH POINT NOW CONTROLLED BY EAST TEAM*

TEAM WEST

Spoiler: West Reinforcing (click to show/hide)

Enki needs your help; you better move east.  First magic, though!

[Pot:1]

Something that looks like magma that's supposed to be a... something appears, then just collapses.  Crap.  Anyway, you move on up to where Derm has just finished capturing your point.

Spoiler: West is still best (click to show/hide)

Your puppy time is rudely interrupted by a mounted knight charging you down.

[Dex:6]
[End:3+2]

You move to dodge, but it's not good enough; the flat of his lance clips you and merely gashes your arm.  It stings, but you'll live.

He ends his charge and faces you.  Your puppies scattered away from the horse and don't look like they're going to help.

Spoiler: West Spoiler (click to show/hide)

[Speed:5+1]

Before he can attack you, you go in for another stab.

[Dex:4+1]
[Str:2-1]

You nick his arm, but it barely registers.  Damn!

[End:2]

As if venting his frustration, he unleashes a burst of sound that completely throws you off. [-1 rolls until end of next turn.]

You pop out of the spawn area at a run, and keep running toward the West capture point, which is rightfully yours.  You make it as far as the outer fort walls.

A different looking Johnny respawns on the east.

East team earns two points!

And the east team is on the board!  Oh, we're getting interesting!

Where do you think the west team will counter?

I don't know, but they better act fast.  The fight in the north could go either way!

Quote from: Team East, 0 Points
ATHATH: Good Guy Greg - West Steel Pits (Steel Aura, 2/6 Pool) [Huge Steel Lance] [+1]
Person: Person - South Capture Point (2 Pool) [Steel Poleaxe] [+1]
Derm: Derm - West Capture Point (5 Pool) [Steel Mace, Leather Gloves, Steel Barrier Shield] [+1]
Shadowclaw: Bastien - South Capture Point (Steel Aura, 3 Pool) {Chest bleeding}[+1]
OceanSoul: Poe Pello - North Capture Point (1/5 Pool)  {Chest heavily burned, Left arm burned, Face bleeding}

Quote from: Team West, 0 Points
FallacyofUrist: Mr. Smith - West Steel Pits (Steel Cage Right Leg, 2/4 Pool) [+1]
AoshimaMichio: Enki - North Capture Point (3/3 Pool) [Druidic Dagger, Druidic Gloves] {-1 rolls until end of next turn}
Dolosus: Larry Laffer - West Outer Fort, South (5 Pool)
Flabort: Johnny - West Spawn Point
Coolrune:  Jefro - West Outer Fort, South (4 Pool)

Quote from: Control Point Status
North: Neutral
East: East
South: East
West: East

Reminder:  If a team controls two more control points, that's 1 point per turn.  Three more (as is the case now), 2 points.  Control all four points and that's three points a turn.  We're playing until 15.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 01:26:58 pm by Toaster »
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile

((My action was to, if I was unable to close the distance, cast a spell while doing as much as running as possible. I'd very much rather do that than simply run. Sorry if this is inconvenient.))
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Not inconvenient at all; I misread your post.  Fixed, though random.org did not favor you.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile

Spoiler: West rebuttal (click to show/hide)
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile

Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile

Spoiler: West Vengence Spirit (click to show/hide)
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Spoiler: WAAAAAAAAAAGHing East (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 11:09:04 pm by ATHATH »
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Make sure you label your spoiler.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile

Spoiler: Spaghetti Westerns (click to show/hide)
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 35