Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 301

Author Topic: Wands Race - [Arstotzka] {COMPLETED}  (Read 375624 times)

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wands Race - [Arstotzka]
« Reply #645 on: April 14, 2017, 02:59:00 pm »

It may also be worth discussing, since we're in a design phase, that we could very easily move into steam power. Our streamlined fireball would make a perfect power for some steampunk ingenuity. This could be especially usefull at sea, if we were to say, create a steampowered fireball engine to propel our ships.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: April 14, 2017, 03:06:16 pm »

Speaking of steam punk I had a vision in my dream last night where we started making magic computers. In doing so had War Jacks.
Edit: Well if doing  ritual stuff. Could still have war Jacks fueled by life energy of our dead prisoners.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2017, 09:08:00 pm by Tyrant Leviathan »

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: April 15, 2017, 01:23:52 am »

I think steampunk is a little far. But I'll support the Assassin Bugs since they could cause serious issues for them if mages and officers start dieing to something that would be incredibly hard to notice right away.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: April 15, 2017, 06:42:06 am »

Fellow scholars of Arstotzka, I apologize for my extended absence, but I have figured out a way to counter Moskurg's weather-based advantage...

Weather-specialized Anti-Magic: By focusing the intended magic prevention of our charms on a specific kind of magic (that dealing in wind and the sky), we can use other magics actively in making and sustaining the effect. It would not affect Moskurg's other magics, but then again, weather magic is 60% of their forces right now. They would be attempting to catch up on their other magics as the full might of the technologies their weather has countered (even those than didn't get a chance to affect the fights), giving us the advantage! It may seem like I intend for the effect to be very powerful, but that's what happens when you overspecialize; you base a majority of your power on the same weaknesses!
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: April 15, 2017, 10:59:28 am »

Eh, I'd rather just have a  anti mental magic charm. It's likely going to be pretty expensive, so we should use it to counter their mind magic rather than their weather magic because it effects our guards and leaders more.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: April 15, 2017, 11:11:50 am »

Sorry about the delay, everyone. I'm out of town this weekend - Design phase is gonna have to be later tonight

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: April 15, 2017, 06:00:39 pm »

Bestial Splicing: 0
Arstotzkan Fireball Corps: 0
Dragon's Fireball: 0
Ministry of Integrity: 0
Darkvision: 0
Summon Crystal Wolves: 0
Summon Magic Detection Amulet: 0
Improved Frost Tower: 0
Anti-Magic Arrows: 0
Functional Anti-Magic Charms: 4; VoidSlayer, StabbyMcStabStab, Roboson, Azzuro
Mega Fireball: 0
Ritual Sacrifice: 3; 10ebbor10, FallacyofUrist, Andres
Gilded Guardian Gilda: 0
Fogships: 0
Catgirl Assassins: 1; RAM

I had a thought for revision. Take the malfunctioning heat completely out of our large fireball and convert it into a forceball. We have lesser balls for incendiary work, but focusing all the magic onto the force that causes the fire to spread out would give us something that ignores dampness and can inflict more immediate and deep injuries, immediately throwing riders from horses, horses onto riders, and breaking bones immediately for more stopping power at the cost of morale damage, which is probably redundant with our multiple fireball spells. If, perhaps, we were to find that these explosionbursts were capable of turning a jungle into a sea of splinter-bombs and a boat's hull into a boat's hull with a large hole at the water-line then, well...

Also, one of the Moskurgers gave us an informal usage of pokemon rules credit. They currently have horses. Horses are normal types, right? So we use ghost types then? Convert enemy prisoners into allied/bound ghosts/roaming-life-vacuum-that-goes-where-we-say? So long as it has no physical aspect and its mind is a tortured mess of gazing into the great truths of the afterlife that would roast any puny mortal that dared to share space within its mind...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: April 15, 2017, 10:14:52 pm »

Design: Functional Anti-Magic Charms [1, 5, 5]
Well...it turns out we didn't really need diamonds, after all.  The King was very happy to have the ones in his crown back.

Quartz works just as well, so long as the crystalline structure is pure enough.  This is a fantastic development, as it means we can produce enough to give one to each squad to warn of casting being done on them in secret.  This means our guards will get a warning if the enemy tries to lull them to sleep, or indeed try anything else that generates a magical field in their presence. 

It still doesn't...quite...stop magic.  Not yet, at least.  They get too hot to hold, which means they ARE absorbing some magical energy from the air, but it's all lost to heat.  There seems to be some mathematical relation between the energy produced and the magical field generated, but how we can increase the absorption enough to actively pull it from the air is beyond our understanding at the moment.  The new math Jibril Saadiya developed - "Calculus" - is gaining some positive attention from our researchers as it seems to have more applications to the field of magic than initially thought.  It's still an entirely useless method of math outside of magic applications, but it does explain a few phenomenon in our research.  Jibril Saadiya argues that he just needs more time researching Anti-Magic charms before he can get them working.  Our other researchers are skeptical that it's possible to do, but he is adamant that the math supports the concept.  Expensive

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: April 15, 2017, 10:39:11 pm »

It'll work, Ok now I propose we revise our wasp swarms into something like this.

Ground Wasp Swarm: A revised version of our fire wasps with the wings removed to avoid issues with the wind, the spell is also designed to use every bit of knowledge we have to make a spell cheaper and easier to use such as the knowledge gained from our revision on the minor fireball.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: April 15, 2017, 10:52:08 pm »

Revise anti-magic charms to include mathemagics.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: April 15, 2017, 10:57:25 pm »

Revise anti-magic charms to include mathemagics.

I am intensely fond of this term.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: April 16, 2017, 12:15:30 am »

Explosive fireballs:
Redirect energy from heat to increase the explosive radius and force at its destination.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Azzuro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: April 16, 2017, 12:31:39 am »

stabby, the anti-magic charms don't quite work as anti-magic yet. I'm voting for their revision:

Ground Wasp Swarm: 0
Revise Anti-Magic Charms to include Mathemagics: 1, Azzuro
Explosive fireballs: 0

Please quote this and add in your revisions and votes, to make it easier for the GM.

United Forenia Forever!

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: April 16, 2017, 01:41:37 am »

Ground Wasp Swarm: 0
Revise Anti-Magic Charms to include Mathemagics: 2, Roboson, Azzuro
Explosive fireballs: 0

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile