Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 44

Author Topic: Omega Legion: horses and spiders  (Read 77345 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion: horses and spiders
« Reply #480 on: August 30, 2017, 04:28:41 pm »

Duck into the nearest alcove or dark corner I can find and remain perfectly still while whoever they are pass by.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: August 30, 2017, 05:25:44 pm »

Roll over unhappily.  What's keeping me awake?  Is it hunger?  Nausea?  Pain from my wounded leg?  How is that feeling?

((Also, I thought the room had a ceiling.  So it's open-topped and the walls don't go all the way up to the roof?

..that also means that Freddie's wings should be bound too..  and it might change the definition of what Freddie thinks is his, from the pit to the room the pit is in.))
« Last Edit: August 30, 2017, 11:11:32 pm by Devastator »

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: August 30, 2017, 11:09:04 pm »

"Well, they seem to not take out words seriously, if any of you wish to make an example...I'll do my best to protect you from any response."
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: August 31, 2017, 03:35:02 pm »

"Request: Tiny organics, please remain here. This one will now go deal with the caravaneers. We will start heading for our base of operations in no less than 15 minutes. Please, be patient."

Clunkers stand up, slaps another lightning totem into his staff, and strides over to where Vlad is talking to the caravaneers. Keeping some distance between himself and the caravaneers, he slowly lets his gaze fall upon each of them in turn. For the longest time, all they hear is the soft grinding of the gears inside of him.

He then adresses the entire group in his usual monotone, mechanical voice.

"Annoyed statement: Dear organics, due to your own inability to keep your cargo in a decent shape during transport, it seems we will have to move up our schedule. This means that the time for faffing about is over. This one's patience reserves are now at 0%.

This one will allow one more chance for cooperation. Comply, and you will be allowed to go home. Do not comply, resist, annoy this one or anything else to such an effect, and you will die. Surely this job is not worth dying for.

Query request: This one requires information about this caravan. Point of origin, destination, owner, purpose, etc.

His eyes grow slightly reddish

"Definitive statement: The choice is yours. You have 3 minutes to comply."

Say above to the caravaneers.

Any individual (barring the slaves or teammates) who resists or turns violent gets their heart stopped.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: August 31, 2017, 03:49:30 pm »

((I'm heading out tomorrow.  Until I'm back in about two weeks, pancaek has permission to submit orders for Frederick.))

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: August 31, 2017, 05:11:23 pm »

cut down and kill any who fight , one by one, slowly, until they comply fully or lay dead.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: August 31, 2017, 10:56:37 pm »

"Yeh... sure..." Thrips murmurs quietly in response.
Outwardly he looks as though he is simply overwhelmed by the sight of a dragon, even in such dismal conditions, but he is in fact feverishly considering his next move. He squinted his good eye, peering down at his scaly companion through the gloom.
Was he hurt? Just what had they done to him to make him stay in here?... What was the building made of?

Quietly agree to the guard's suggestion, buying myself some time to assess the situation.
What is Freddie's status? Can I see how he is restrained? What are the walls of this building made of?
Of course, it should be easy enough to look as though I am simply awestruck by the dragon, not plotting its escape.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Loki987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: September 01, 2017, 11:02:57 am »

I look at Gak while he runs away.
"Our servants sure are ungrateful, he could have atleast waited for us. That's what you have with lowborns: no loyalty at all. Ohh, and by the way, I obviously don't believe all that nonsense about power to the people. Anyway captain, I think we should leave."
Look around for an escape route. Are there any widows?

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: September 02, 2017, 11:04:37 pm »

Duck into the nearest alcove or dark corner I can find and remain perfectly still while whoever they are pass by.
You hide in a broom closet. The footsteps approach, then recede.

I look at Gak while he runs away.
"Our servants sure are ungrateful, he could have atleast waited for us. That's what you have with lowborns: no loyalty at all. Ohh, and by the way, I obviously don't believe all that nonsense about power to the people. Anyway captain, I think we should leave."
Look around for an escape route. Are there any widows?
"We are the power, for those who have none, lad. AN' I don' think the shiny little fella was ever born, low class or no. Lead the way, good sir, lead the way." The Captain gestures toward the grand double doors at the front of the courtroom. there are several other exits - one on each side, and the one behind the judge's bench, as well as some up on the balcony. No windows though - this room is in the middle of the building, more or less. Gets a bit stuffy most days, really. Bit of a poor design for a desert city.

Roll over unhappily.  What's keeping me awake?  Is it hunger?  Nausea?  Pain from my wounded leg?  How is that feeling?

((Also, I thought the room had a ceiling.  So it's open-topped and the walls don't go all the way up to the roof?

..that also means that Freddie's wings should be bound too..  and it might change the definition of what Freddie thinks is his, from the pit to the room the pit is in.))
(5) teh wounded leg feels useable. Still don't want ot do any running or carrying heavy objects with it though, but you can put weight on it. Frederick finds that when he tries to sleep, something catches his attention, and he is constantly going on alert at a sound, a breeze, a smell, the flicker of shadows on the walls. The room is roofed, but there is a mezzanine - a walkway along one side. It's not a human sized room, but Frederick doesn't think in those terms, as he was raised in the chaotic world of gnomes, caverns, and explosions. Frederick's wings are strapped to his sides.

"Yeh... sure..." Thrips murmurs quietly in response.
Outwardly he looks as though he is simply overwhelmed by the sight of a dragon, even in such dismal conditions, but he is in fact feverishly considering his next move. He squinted his good eye, peering down at his scaly companion through the gloom.
Was he hurt? Just what had they done to him to make him stay in here?... What was the building made of?

Quietly agree to the guard's suggestion, buying myself some time to assess the situation.
What is Freddie's status? Can I see how he is restrained? What are the walls of this building made of?
Of course, it should be easy enough to look as though I am simply awestruck by the dragon, not plotting its escape.

He's moving about down there and making dragon noises, though you do notice a bandaged wound on one of his legs. The bandage looks pretty bloody.
You see that his wings are bound by leather straps against his sides, he is muzzled with some kind of flexible material, and his claws are tightly wrapped, though his legs are fre and he doesn't appear to be chained or anything. The lower walls are stone, but up on the level of the walkway, it is wood.

A warm, wet, bit of squishiness is pressed into your hand.

Is Dar even affected by the heat, considering that he's both a cat and a metal golem?  If so, he'll try and call a bit of wind to cool himself down.

Also, he'll return to resting below a wagon, where he had been. :P
He is affected by heat. Metal gets hot, and he is a living thing still. If i remember, Dar moved away from the wagon at some point, away from the noise to the side of the road. But whatever, getting back to the wagon (or remaining under it if he was already there) is easy enough. It's less hot under the wagon, but only just. The wind he calls ... correct me if I am wrong here, but wind cools mainly via evaporation of sweat, which cats and metal do not do.

"Request: Tiny organics, please remain here. This one will now go deal with the caravaneers. We will start heading for our base of operations in no less than 15 minutes. Please, be patient."

Clunkers stand up, slaps another lightning totem into his staff, and strides over to where Vlad is talking to the caravaneers. Keeping some distance between himself and the caravaneers, he slowly lets his gaze fall upon each of them in turn. For the longest time, all they hear is the soft grinding of the gears inside of him.

He then adresses the entire group in his usual monotone, mechanical voice.

"Annoyed statement: Dear organics, due to your own inability to keep your cargo in a decent shape during transport, it seems we will have to move up our schedule. This means that the time for faffing about is over. This one's patience reserves are now at 0%.

This one will allow one more chance for cooperation. Comply, and you will be allowed to go home. Do not comply, resist, annoy this one or anything else to such an effect, and you will die. Surely this job is not worth dying for.

Query request: This one requires information about this caravan. Point of origin, destination, owner, purpose, etc.

His eyes grow slightly reddish

"Definitive statement: The choice is yours. You have 3 minutes to comply."

Say above to the caravaneers.

Any individual (barring the slaves or teammates) who resists or turns violent gets their heart stopped.

After a confused start, where several speak at once, the caravaneers are able to give you the information you want: The owner is one of the Lords of the city, the point of origin - they assume you mean where they started this trek from, and give the same explanation as the slaves did, the destination is a mining operation up river, beyond the rapids, where ships can't go (which is why they are caravaning instead of shipping), and the purpose is well, they are confused what Clunkers means by purpose. "trade," "transport," and "to make money," are the most common responses to that question.

cut down and kill any who fight , one by one, slowly, until they comply fully or lay dead.
You stand nearby, breathing heavily and sweating in the heat, waiting for the slightest provocation. None comes (1) your eyes roll up in your head and you fall on your face. the world goes black.

Into Vlad I go!
your ride is a little ... unconscious, there.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: September 03, 2017, 02:15:59 am »

((Air cools metal somewhat.  If it didn't, we wouldn't put fans in computers.  Besides, one of the defining characteristics of life is homeostasis, so if Dar is alive, he should have some method of heat control...))

Is the heat getting unbearable to the point where Dar might need to make con rolls soon?  If not, he'll continue being a grumpy lump of metal and sit there.  If so, he'll draw the essence of the scathing desert wind into himself (for both speed and heat resist), and then wonder where the city is; if he can see it, or it's otherwise very obivous, he'll just leave and head there.  Otherwise, he will walk over to the prisoners, and demand that at least one of them lead him to the city, lest he kill them.  Which, if they hesitate too long, he will then prove by killing the one farthest to the left, and then on down the line until someone agrees.

Yes, before anyone asks, I am aware of the obvious flaw with this plan.

Edit: This really should be obvious, but if the caravan gets moving, Dar won't go through with the plan to coerce people into leading him.  He may not have a terribly catlike personality, but he'll still go with the laziest solution available if it gets the job done.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: September 03, 2017, 10:37:57 am »

I step out from the unconscious Vlad
*sigh*
"Welp, was afraid he'd do that. You! get some damp cloth to cool him with. You three! pick him up and carry him into the shade of one of the carts, and elevate his feet. You two! get the wagons hooked up and ready to be moved. Stop just standing around and get moving!"
Get Vlad treated for heat exhaustion and get the convoy ready to go back to the city. once it's ready to move, we'll be doing so.

note: the next step after he's in the shade, feet elevated, will be to loosen his clothing  and wipe him down with the damp cloth to supplement his sweat's work (Valyrie will do this herself). if she has water available then Val will be keeping it with her, and she's going to be staying next to him the entire time he's unconsious, never letting him out of arm's reach, let alone out of her sight. When he wakes up she's going to be giving him small sips of water, not letting him chug it, but making sure he does drink. and he's not getting to leave the shade.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2017, 10:42:33 am by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: September 03, 2017, 10:41:23 am »

Clunkers turns to look at Valyrie

"Query: Why are you wanting to go to the city? Our objectives have been fulfilled."
« Last Edit: September 03, 2017, 04:36:47 pm by Pancaek »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: September 03, 2017, 10:45:15 am »

"It's the logical follow-up to our tasking. These slaves are political capital and evidence. They're going to be used to attack their former owner. The most powerful way to do that is to present them abruptly but publically while they're still in poor condition. Additionally that is the closest place we can get them food, water, shelter, and medical treatment."
« Last Edit: September 03, 2017, 04:33:57 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: September 03, 2017, 10:51:10 am »

"Statement: Before we make such hasty decisions in our team's current condition, which is awful, this is one is going to message in our succes on our given tasks to the legion first. Perhaps they will use their teleporting to whisk us away to the base, first."

He turns back to the caravaneers.

"Statement: Gentlemen, my ire has been postponed. If one of you could give this one the full name of your employer, our business will be nearly done. This one simply asks that you stay put for several more minutes without making any abrubt movements.

After that, you will in all probability be free to go. Sans cargo, naturally."

Keep an eye on caravaneers. If any of them try to approach or harm the slaves, stop their hearts. Otherwise, leave them alone. .

Message Omega legion the information we've gotten and that we've completed all objectives they have given us at the start of the mission. Also message in the poor state of our team, and that a pickup would be appreciated.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2017, 04:36:40 pm by Pancaek »
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 44