Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 44

Author Topic: Omega Legion: horses and spiders  (Read 77310 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion: horses and spiders
« Reply #495 on: September 03, 2017, 10:57:02 am »

"Mechanical fool, be aware of your teammate's condition and do not sabotage attempts to have them treated. I need a number of these individuals to assist me in repairing Vlad's poor self-care choices. Do not make them have to choose between your ire and mine."
« Last Edit: September 03, 2017, 04:33:38 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: September 03, 2017, 11:50:04 am »

Clunkers snaps towards Valyrie. Mechanical fool, huh? Inside, the sound of gears grinding against each other gets louder. 

"Angered statement: As you wish, just keep your hands off of the cargo for the time being."

Clunkers turns towards the caravaneers.

"Statement: Gentlemen, the lady wishes that this one does not make you choose between her ire and this one's. As such, our business is hereby concluded. Unless you attempt to reclaim your cargo, you no longer exist to this one, for all intents and purposes. It was nice doing business with you, let's hope we never meet again."
« Last Edit: September 03, 2017, 04:36:25 pm by Pancaek »

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: September 03, 2017, 11:54:00 am »

---action for Frederick, Dev's character---

Try to take a look onto that mezzanine.

If that's not possible, try to rub our wings against the wall to try and loosen the straps.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: September 03, 2017, 01:01:33 pm »

"Angered huh? Yes Mechanical, it does anger to do that doesn't it? Maybe you should stop with the 'Organic' foolishness and contempt.Or are Mechanicals incapable of even the most basic understanding and empathy?"
She pauses
"You are acting like you deserve special, extra nice, treatment just because you're mechanical. The respect you want has to be earned the same way that a human has to earn it. maybe taking the time to address people in a non-offensive way will help you do that."
"But thank you."
« Last Edit: September 03, 2017, 04:33:29 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: September 03, 2017, 02:08:48 pm »

Alright. My brain is a little thick right now. What We'll be doing is dropping you in the desert northwest of the city. You'll be attacking a caravan that is just leaving the city with slave children. You'll want to keep the head merchant alive to work back up the chain of supply. Once in town, part of your goal is to rendezvous with the rest of the team, so you do know they are there. You've also been told to expect the city to be in turmoil, and your teammates to be wanted criminals at this point. If possible, establish a safehouse for the team. If not possible, simply finding the captain will be enough. He should have contacts within the youth gangs who can point you in the right direction. go ahead and post in the other thread.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: September 03, 2017, 03:57:37 pm »

Once in town, part of your goal is to rendezvous with the rest of the team, so you do know they are there.
((Fer Fuck's sake. We really need one, central, IC mission statement in the future. Now I and my character look like a blithering idiots because I looked back to this mission thread one to find the mission objectives.))
« Last Edit: September 03, 2017, 03:59:24 pm by Pancaek »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: September 03, 2017, 04:32:58 pm »

"Weh weh weh, seems like I'm still in top form!"

Continue my sneaking out of the building as I was before I got interrupted by whoever those were. Continue hiding as necessary.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: September 03, 2017, 04:33:06 pm »

Once in town, part of your goal is to rendezvous with the rest of the team, so you do know they are there.
((Fer Fuck's sake. We really need one, central, IC mission statement in the future. Now I and my character look like a blithering idiots because I looked back to this mission thread one to find the mission objectives.))
how about this - I'll strike out everything after the post where Val was trying to organize the slavers, and you do the same / edit things as necessary?

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: September 03, 2017, 04:36:05 pm »

how about this - I'll strike out everything after the post where Val was trying to organize the slavers, and you do the same / edit things as necessary?
((That would work. Thanks.))

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: September 03, 2017, 04:41:25 pm »

"Statement: You all heard the lady. The last thing this one requires from you all is to get this caravan up and running again. Once we are safely in the city, you are all free to either turn around and leave the city to go home, or to join the legion. This one takes it you're all out of a job now, so this one will put in a good word for you all due to your cooperation during this these trying times, should you decide to work for our employers."

Send a message to the legion telling them that we know the origin, destination and owner of the caravan,, and that we have the slaves secured but that they could really use a pickup, since we're not sure they can survive the trip back to the city.

In any case, help getting the wagons fixed by lifting heavy stuff or other such things. Keep an eye on the caravaneers though, if any of them resist or attack us, stop their hearts.

Loki987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: September 04, 2017, 02:38:29 pm »

Adress the judge.
"Judge, the door behind you, we can leave this building through there? Don't lie. You can't lie in court. Crime of perjury and all and as a judge that would just be shamefull also if you lie I freeze your head off."
I let a small stream of Jotun's breath leave my mouth in an intimidating fashion (I don't hit anyone with it). If the judge says yes I'll do this:
Try to block the big double doors (the one I went through) by sticking something through the handles (use a coatrack or something) so it can't be opened. After that I say this:

"No one open this door. If you will I will find you and I will freeze your head while I burn your body, simultaneously."
If the door behind the judge isn't an escape route, I leave trough the doubledoors.
((Sorry for doing a lot of actions in one turn, I just thought it would be a bit of a waste of time waiting for the response and then doing whatever I wanted to do. I hope you don't mind.))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: September 06, 2017, 07:29:43 am »

((Air cools metal somewhat.  If it didn't, we wouldn't put fans in computers.  Besides, one of the defining characteristics of life is homeostasis, so if Dar is alive, he should have some method of heat control...))

Is the heat getting unbearable to the point where Dar might need to make con rolls soon?  If not, he'll continue being a grumpy lump of metal and sit there.  If so, he'll draw the essence of the scathing desert wind into himself (for both speed and heat resist), and then wonder where the city is; if he can see it, or it's otherwise very obivous, he'll just leave and head there.  Otherwise, he will walk over to the prisoners, and demand that at least one of them lead him to the city, lest he kill them.  Which, if they hesitate too long, he will then prove by killing the one farthest to the left, and then on down the line until someone agrees.

Yes, before anyone asks, I am aware of the obvious flaw with this plan.

Edit: This really should be obvious, but if the caravan gets moving, Dar won't go through with the plan to coerce people into leading him.  He may not have a terribly catlike personality, but he'll still go with the laziest solution available if it gets the job done.

(4) Dar assumes that the city is back along the road the caravan was following, and walks that way. (2) He gets just out of sight of the caravan before he plops down, panting  and disoriented. Dar realizes that he is no desert creature, but a thing of forest and field, alley and riverbank. ((Homeostasis works best in one's natural environment, eh?))

I step out from the unconscious Vlad
*sigh*
"Welp, was afraid he'd do that. You! get some damp cloth to cool him with. You three! pick him up and carry him into the shade of one of the carts, and elevate his feet. You two! get the wagons hooked up and ready to be moved. Stop just standing around and get moving!"
Get Vlad treated for heat exhaustion and get the convoy ready to go back to the city. once it's ready to move, we'll be doing so.

note: the next step after he's in the shade, feet elevated, will be to loosen his clothing  and wipe him down with the damp cloth to supplement his sweat's work (Valyrie will do this herself). if she has water available then Val will be keeping it with her, and she's going to be staying next to him the entire time he's unconsious, never letting him out of arm's reach, let alone out of her sight. When he wakes up she's going to be giving him small sips of water, not letting him chug it, but making sure he does drink. and he's not getting to leave the shade.
At Clunkers' endorsement, the caravaneers drag Vlad off to some shade and give him some water, but not before taking some themselves.

Why would Valyrie have water available to herself? Do you mean water given by the caravaneers?

(2) Valyrie and Vlad's clothing recognize each other as real at once. It burns to touch them.

hmm. No "wake up" action from spazyak, but he's being attended to, so ... (2) nope. Still hot and feverish and pale.

"Statement: You all heard the lady. The last thing this one requires from you all is to get this caravan up and running again. Once we are safely in the city, you are all free to either turn around and leave the city to go home, or to join the legion. This one takes it you're all out of a job now, so this one will put in a good word for you all due to your cooperation during this these trying times, should you decide to work for our employers."

Send a message to the legion telling them that we know the origin, destination and owner of the caravan,, and that we have the slaves secured but that they could really use a pickup, since we're not sure they can survive the trip back to the city.

In any case, help getting the wagons fixed by lifting heavy stuff or other such things. Keep an eye on the caravaneers though, if any of them resist or attack us, stop their hearts.

(5) you get the wagons functional again, though they are somewhat the worse for wear. But they'll get you to the city, anyway. None of the children die this round.

Hey, that reminds me - any plans for what to do with the dead bodies? They are still in the wagons, with the kids.

As for your message to Omega: The reply reads: pickup cannot be achieved at this time. Will arrange pick up at safehouse. Look for roadside shelters. They usually are built around wells or are stocked with water and supplies.

---action for Frederick, Dev's character---

Try to take a look onto that mezzanine.

If that's not possible, try to rub our wings against the wall to try and loosen the straps.

You spot some movement up there. A low growl rises in your throat.

"Weh weh weh, seems like I'm still in top form!"

Continue my sneaking out of the building as I was before I got interrupted by whoever those were. Continue hiding as necessary.
(3) you find an egress. Looks like it is some kind of service entrance, and is used fairly regularly. People of various descriptions are bustling about through this area enough that you are likely to be spotted making a break for it.

Adress the judge.
"Judge, the door behind you, we can leave this building through there? Don't lie. You can't lie in court. Crime of perjury and all and as a judge that would just be shamefull also if you lie I freeze your head off."
I let a small stream of Jotun's breath leave my mouth in an intimidating fashion (I don't hit anyone with it). If the judge says yes I'll do this:
Try to block the big double doors (the one I went through) by sticking something through the handles (use a coatrack or something) so it can't be opened. After that I say this:

"No one open this door. If you will I will find you and I will freeze your head while I burn your body, simultaneously."
If the door behind the judge isn't an escape route, I leave trough the doubledoors.
((Sorry for doing a lot of actions in one turn, I just thought it would be a bit of a waste of time waiting for the response and then doing whatever I wanted to do. I hope you don't mind.))
((I don't mind at all. Conditional actions cna be quite helpful. I have been known to make a few myself.))

Well, the judge nods meekly, but you are unable to bar hte double doors, as all the furniture seems fastened in place, and the doors themselves are the big swinging kind, without handles or anything. they swing in and out, so barring them from this side would be fairly useless anyway. The Captain looks on with a half smile on his face, then follows you through the judge's door into a surprisingly cool hallway. At the end of the hallway is a half flight of stairs going down. Along the sides are several decorated wooden doors, and some portraits. You and the Captain head out to the stairs and down to the door, without any obstacles. You do hear a murmur rise up back the way you came though.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: September 06, 2017, 09:19:40 am »

((Eh? she shouldn't be triggering that debuff yet, she hasn't handled his clothes at all until that final step.why...))
It hurts, but do it anyway. He needs help and hes getting it damn it!

((Yes, she means water from the caravanners, intended for Vlad as appropriate.))
« Last Edit: September 06, 2017, 12:16:59 pm by Lenglon »

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: September 06, 2017, 09:56:55 am »

Don't die.
((Been busy with classes))
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: September 06, 2017, 12:44:23 pm »

When faced with a tricky situation, Gak returns to his roots.

Look around for a kid I can murder or render unconscious so I can take their clothes and disguise myself.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 44