Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 16

Author Topic: ED Mission 1: No legs left unhurt  (Read 32121 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
Re: ED Mission 1: No legs left unhurt
« Reply #165 on: April 26, 2017, 02:13:48 pm »

"Wish I was dead. Where's my torch?"

Request torch. If it's not coming back by free will, boil that prick's brains a little.
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: April 26, 2017, 02:34:38 pm »

"So how are we getting those stasis pods out?  Or do we even need to, Dave?"

Ask Dave. If need to get them out, ponder ways to do so without feets.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: April 26, 2017, 09:18:11 pm »

" M-medic.  wrap some rope tight around my stump and apply some medifoam to provide an alright seal. If your fast enough ill be fine. Just get me into stasis pods then."
Bastian breathes a sigh of relief this wasn't his fault. The equipment was faulty he understood why it damn hurt him like that he was going to need to check his equipment for faults from now on. His teammates were indeed also incompetent but unfortunately he had to rely on them.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: April 26, 2017, 09:20:38 pm »

((Actually, would the quite-large amount of medifoam that was applied to some wounds also seal those suits?))
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: April 26, 2017, 10:55:36 pm »

((Actually, would the quite-large amount of medifoam that was applied to some wounds also seal those suits?))

Theoretically yes.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: April 27, 2017, 10:39:35 am »

((Yeah, I do need a decomp. It's why I like Harry's system, where it's only an overshot on a natural 6 and you get a second roll to maybe remove the overshot alltogether, more because it doesn't punish you for being good at something.))

Let's try reviewing those records from before stasis again. Since I've already got them and it's really just changing the speed back a notch, this should be pretty easy

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: April 27, 2017, 10:54:04 am »

Check if my suit is sealed and if I can survive the void jump Also stash away the blotorch out of sight, if caught give it back

Only hole in your suit is in your thigh where Bastien shot you at, and which Joanna subsequently greatly expanded and then completely covered in medifoam.  That's ...probably vacuum proof. Probably.

The walking bone pile doesn't seem to think you got its torch.

"Wish I was dead. Where's my torch?"

Request torch. If it's not coming back by free will, boil that prick's brains a little.

Nobody is forth coming. And your brain is not in state to boil anything.

"So how are we getting those stasis pods out?  Or do we even need to, Dave?"

Ask Dave. If need to get them out, ponder ways to do so without feets.

> You don't need to worry about them. The ship is otherwise functional, just lacking breathable air. Glorious UWM forces will handle that part.

((Yeah, I do need a decomp. It's why I like Harry's system, where it's only an overshot on a natural 6 and you get a second roll to maybe remove the overshot alltogether, more because it doesn't punish you for being good at something.))

Let's try reviewing those records from before stasis again. Since I've already got them and it's really just changing the speed back a notch, this should be pretty easy

((Isn't that basically what compensator does?))

[Aux: 5+1] You don't quite have weeks worth of time it would require. You write quick macro to filter out timespans that have no motion and then review resulting bits on triple speed, each camera in its own window. You don't see anything useful in those, but after you close all windows you find out number of video records have gone down greatly. It's like you accidentally deleted 90% of records with your macro.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: April 27, 2017, 11:23:55 am »

((Isn't that basically what compensator does?))
((It's about the same, yes, though you have to roll above 3 on the subsequent roll to get rid of the overshot in Harry's thing. It does mean that you don't have to invest in an expensive thing to become as skilled in your character's skills as the levelups would imply, instead of going full retard all the time like what just happened with deleting all of the video data.

I mean it's not a problem, I played original ER 4 years after all. It's just my opinion.))

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: April 27, 2017, 12:25:41 pm »

Try to find some ductape to just help hold the medi foam and such in place to prevent leaks. then  get ready to go.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: April 28, 2017, 07:12:29 am »

"Well, I don't know. The vexile shit clearly had it's origins in bay 1B, but I've got no direct camera feeds there. Dave, the problem clearly started in bay 1B, do we need to check it out or can the actual professionals do that when they arrive?"
Talk with Dave about the above.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: April 28, 2017, 10:44:59 am »

Try to find some ductape to just help hold the medi foam and such in place to prevent leaks. then  get ready to go.

That sounds like handiwork. Or medical. You have -2 in both. Are you sure you want to do that by yourself?

"Well, I don't know. The vexile shit clearly had it's origins in bay 1B, but I've got no direct camera feeds there. Dave, the problem clearly started in bay 1B, do we need to check it out or can the actual professionals do that when they arrive?"
Talk with Dave about the above.

> It depends. How much you like tokens?
Old sigs.
Games.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: April 28, 2017, 12:46:39 pm »

"Well, obviously we need to check it out!  It's the right thing to do.  Come on!"

Nudge steed thataway!  Yes, aware there's a void in the way.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: April 28, 2017, 01:02:52 pm »

"Hey George, know where you can find some damn painkillers around here?"

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: April 28, 2017, 01:03:27 pm »

"...N-Not a chance in hell you idiot were getting off this place as soon as possible!"
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: April 28, 2017, 01:05:55 pm »

"Close your breathing orifice."
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 16