Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 111

Author Topic: Mong Kima - The Nation of Pearls (DF 0.47.05)  (Read 240341 times)

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
Re: Mong Kima - The Nation of Pearls
« Reply #165 on: June 24, 2017, 06:17:53 am »

Sure thing ! Here we go !
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #166 on: June 25, 2017, 12:14:39 pm »

Spring 134 was rather unnoticable as it was really quiet - especially when put in comparison with the insanity of winter 133.
We have received no further news from the rest of the kingdom ; so as the season of storms slowly arrives, maybe it's time to take a seat back and a short outlook at the wide political situation.

The Crazed Conflict

This word sized war started in 126 with a simple border contestation between Mong Kima and Desor Uzol (the Entrancing Oils), a dwarven civilization. Mong Kima wanted to leave its seashore roots and to expend on the montains, where they met fierce resistance from local dwarves, especially in the city of the Canyon of Treasuries.

Both civilization being extremely defensive in nature, a long siege war occured. Mong Kima scored a glorious victory in 127, but Desor Uzol managed to keep hold of their city.

In 128, the eastern elves of Wulema Apasi (Climactic Nut) joined the conflict and started attacking the biggest Mong Kima's city of the east coast, Hairyoracle, driving it into complete chaos. They were eventually repelled but Hairyoracle never recovered.

In 129, another major victory was carried out against Desor Uzol, but it also marks the end of Mong Kima's successful attacks on the dwarves.

In 130, two major events were triggered by what it seems the same figure. Local unrest between the western city of Brokenbronze and the western elves of Pinalene (Poetic Seas) culminated in the murder of one of Pinalene's princes, by the pearlite hero Luki Usupim. Later in the year, that same Luki would take control of the local garrison of Hairyoracle and organize its defense against Wulema Asapi, effectively stopping their attacks. She would later on give the city to another local hero, Lucmen Ghoraxtaba. While the garisson of Hairyoracle still carries on operation against Wilema Apasi, their loyalty to the crown become more and more questionable.

Mong Kima immediately forms a defensive pact with the human nation of Abdukxong against Pinalene's elves and reinforces the city of Brokenbronze to meet their enemies.

In late 130, the city of Watershield was founded and thats where our story began. Watershield had but one goal : suppress the elves of Wulema Asapi and keep them from further damaging the coastal cities.

And that's where we are : in late 133 the goblins of Osme Stosbϋb take the fundation of Watershield as an infringment on their borders and joins the Crazed Conflicts.

Interior politics

• Hairyoracle's city garrisson, which is now de facto controlling the city, shows signs of rebellion against the crown. However they continue to carry on operation against Wilema Asapi.
• Our beloved queen, Uzu Rakedown, has ruled since 104, but she's now 68 years old and heirless. She might very well live for another twenty to thirty years, but she's not having any child at this point. Her succession will probably come at a very bad moment, as we fear civil unrest might ensue.

Spring 134 in Watershield

Again, not much to talk about. Asin's son, Upnal, six years old, was attacked and killed by capybaras as he was playing near the river... We deployed the guard and anihilated all wildlife as a result. Two capybaras were also captured, and will from now on be part of our disposable livestock.

Sincere condoleances to Asin and his wife. Altho one may not overstate the tragedy of the death of a child, such accidents may unfortunately not be prevented at this point. We must stay strong.

We also had two birth and some migrants, pushing our numbers to one hundred, which is our soft cap. We're not letting anyone else come in from that point.

Construction continue, a new house is now finished. A temple complex is underway and we're also working on a weaving factory. We can't continue to rely on wood for the production of our goods, as we now take more than the forest can regrow. We use wood as a fuel, as a construction material and for our crafts. We simply consume too much and we must find other ways.

We started training Lord Ryukan to axemanship. I feel it's taking a toll on his morale but I insist that his survival is paramount. The squads were also refilled with fresh recruits, among which Uquur's eldest son - which is now on Imic's care.

Last but not least, the melting of goblins metal is underway. It takes time, but now we have plenty of copper weapons and armory. Enough to fill multiple squads, maybe enough to use copper as a construction material in the future.

We developped our first prototype of heavy armor we called Gugirrane Stalcon, Copper Knight Armor.

As it is for now fairly expensive to produce, it will only equip our elite soldiers and officers, but we look forward to mass produce them.
Summer is coming, and we hope we have enough crafts to trade.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2017, 12:44:03 pm by Cathar »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: June 25, 2017, 12:18:20 pm »

I cannot stress enough how awesome an artist you are. Keep up the good work, mate. :D
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #168 on: June 25, 2017, 12:21:58 pm »

Thank you so much :D
I hope you enjoy reading my stories as much as I enjoy writing them !

Zefermcdwarfpants

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: June 25, 2017, 12:53:14 pm »

Diary of Zefer Scribefondled.

That small battle with the goblins made me think, the marksmen had no way of participation in that battle and utterly useless, it was rumored to be a mishap with ammo distribution, so I wonder if it's a lack of quivers, and i hope to catch my superior officer about teaching us some close-quarters fighting on the off chance that.
1. Enemies get ballsy enough to run up to us and break the lines
2.we run out of ammo.
3.We have another mishap like this again and it allows us to be useful instead of on our rear-ends.
I pray to the gods of justice that my superior officer listens to my case and does something for us to be battle readied next time an incident occurs.
on the bottom is a signature, now written a little neater with a small still poorly drawn picture of a young stick-person talking to a taller stick-person
"Men! On my count!"
"Wait!" A waitress comes running out from the kitchen. "He is the new leader!"
"Why should we believe you?"
The waitress picks up the plate of waffles, and hands it to the man.
"The flag is in the waffles."
"Oh. That works then." Zefer becoming Leader of IHOP

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #170 on: June 25, 2017, 01:30:15 pm »

Hum...The archer squad might not be the most straightforward way to acquire glory, young Zepher. Tho if you so wish, I can ask Ser Imic to take you on the lord's men. You already have some basics in fencing, you'd do a fine recruit. Plus there's already some young men in that squad, you won't feel alone

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: June 25, 2017, 01:37:09 pm »

I just found this thread through the Random Things thread. Wish I'd noticed it sooner, the art is great.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #172 on: June 25, 2017, 02:08:59 pm »

Thanks a lot ! I'm very glad people like what I do
Tho we're only three years in, and I intend to play this world for ingame centuries so you're really at the very beggining

Zefermcdwarfpants

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: June 25, 2017, 02:49:39 pm »

Hum...The archer squad might not be the most straightforward way to acquire glory, young Zepher. Tho if you so wish, I can ask Ser Imic to take you on the lord's men. You already have some basics in fencing, you'd do a fine recruit. Plus there's already some young men in that squad, you won't feel alone
I'm just trying to find ways to keep myself and the other archers alive if the ammo problem can't be fixed with in the allotted time for us to get our duties done.
"Men! On my count!"

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #174 on: June 25, 2017, 04:05:16 pm »

Don't worry: immediate danger will never be an issue for the archer squad :you are located within the keep, which is hermetically lockable in case of great danger. The archer squad will likely never meet the enemy outside the usual exchange of arrows.

That said I must insist on the fact the archer squad is a support squadron, and as such, if it will never face great threats, will probably never acquire glory

Zefermcdwarfpants

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: June 26, 2017, 01:05:31 am »

That's no proper way of exacting justice on the bastards that hurt the townsfolk!
"Men! On my count!"

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: June 26, 2017, 01:34:03 am »

Thank you for posting the information on the war, I find these things quite interesting.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: June 26, 2017, 06:53:22 am »

I really want to see you draw heavy armor This all looks really great, I'm glad I posted to watch
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

Megaman_zx

• Bay Watcher
  • or megadorf.....megaelf?
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: June 26, 2017, 10:47:04 am »

Sure thing ! Here we go !
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Thanks, I'll try to get a story up before the new update. I did notice that Zotho doesn't really mind seeing people die. I thought it was a bit weird, when he didn't care about witnessing the wereskink's death, but.... it's a wereskink, so would he really care.

witnessing the death of a bunch of goblins, and one of his fellow humans, I expect him to care a little. Although he did feel satisfied at work, so that's... good? (considering he is the doctor)

I've already kind of developed a character for Zotho, but I'll try to fit in this new info.
Tales of the Third Age, 34.11 rp stories from Genesis Reborn

“Name none of the fallen, for they stood in our place. And stand there still in each moment of our lives. Let my death hold no glory, and let me die forgotten and unknown. Let it not be said that I was one among the dead to accuse the living.”

-Deadhouse Gates (Book 2 in the Malazan Book of the Fallen) by Steven Erikson

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #179 on: June 26, 2017, 11:05:48 am »

Well, characters do evolve, you don't have to modify the canonic Zothoabo, you can simply take into account the years spent in Watershield hardened him a bit. Oh, spoiler (?) I'll have something for him specifically next update.

Also...semi update - before I go into the meat of Summer 134 ; we've received terrible news.
Aspa Renowedfaints, nicknamed "The All-Seing Sea God", one of Mong Kima's finest heroes, has finally met her match in battle.

Of military upbringing, born in an unprecised place of Mong Kima, Aspa (second from left) was a mercenary all her life. Talented spearwoman and justice seeker, she travelled all around the subcontinent during all her life. In 130, she spent a year in the company of Luki Hollowfancies, another pearlite hero, and fought by her side during one full year. Her exploits are too numerous to be all recalled, but one particularly stands out :

After slaying the giantess Thΰb Flymatch in late summer 130, she acquired the nickname of "Shadu Ulde Opi" -All Seing Sea God. After a wound in early winter, she settled in Opencraft, a town of our allies of the Confederacy of Joys, and became a merchant.

Opencraft was attacked by elves in 130 - twice in 131, once in 132, once in 133. But only in the attack of 134 Apba was finally defeated. She died heroically in battle, age fourty four.

Our allies assured us her body was not desacrated, and her murderer was put to justice soon after her death. She was a one-of-a-kind hero and a model for us all - rest in peace.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 111