Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23

Author Topic: Dryad Rage: IC Thread  (Read 20814 times)

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dryad Rage: IC Thread
« Reply #315 on: September 22, 2017, 12:45:24 am »

Geos opposes the use of 6 mana because the Triankrular Wreck isn't going anywhere, and uses 1 mana to Heal Maple, who could die from getting on the wrong end of a Cor-mite.

Also propose a Union Spell to Nute: Fertile Ground: turns the soil in a large, deep area around the true into incredibly fertile soil, which will help nourish the tree.

... Fine.

Build up the wall for a bit, I guess.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: September 22, 2017, 03:30:34 pm »

Nute:
"But... can already make soil tasty, and sound like only do once, spell is for many times!"
Move south to S and attempt to compost the weeds.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

FakerFangirl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #317 on: September 22, 2017, 10:21:36 pm »

Maple enters the trench, and digs to increase the flow of water!
"Should we call a beak dog a gobbo doggo?" - Relevant_-_-Username

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: September 24, 2017, 12:54:55 pm »

Spring 4, Year 2

Spoiler: Player Locations (click to show/hide)

Elf Zombie (T): 50/50
Animated Rat Husk (T): 5/5
Skeletal Goat (S): 40/40

A blood moon hangs in the night sky! This causes bad things to happen. One bad thing is that the tree did not grow on this turn. Another bad thing is that some of the things that died since the last blood moon have arisen as undead!

Bob attempts to learn the spell "Repair" but the invokation is fizzled by a dispute from another Dryad. Bob then attempts to build the wall higher... But the GM does not understand how he intends to do that. Does he intend to just sort of pack some dirt onto the wall with his hands? Or use one of his abilities? The GM decides not to assume that he meant to use the Growth ability.

Hikari attempts to scoop up the black fluid, but lacks a tool or ability that would make it easy to move liquids. At the very least however, it does not appear to be poisonous to the touch.

Geos invokes heal to restore Maple Sylphseed's health. He digs the trench a bit deeper using Shift Earth, and the water around the tree is drained into the ground!

Nute heads south and casts Compost on the Spore Weeds. Waiting for the spores to actually grow into weeds has greatly increased the amount of compost that they provided!

Maple enters the trench and just sort of scratches at the dirt a bit which doesn't accomplish all that much. None of her abilities provide her with an obvious way to improve digging ability.

Grumm-Da fades away... But another dryad does not appear!

General tip: Always include as much detail as possible in your action post. A one line action post will not be as effective as well as a well thought out plan.

Spoiler: Assets (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dryads (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tree and environment (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Upgrades (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 24, 2017, 01:30:06 pm by Supernerd »
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: September 24, 2017, 01:53:36 pm »

Will the tree not grow for the duration of the Blood Moon, or will it just not grow this turn?

Bob chomps on the undead rat (he's still a T-Rex, remember?).

I have a plan for how to deal with all of these undead (and gain something out of their presence), but I'll need a little bit over 22 mana to do it.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: September 24, 2017, 03:24:12 pm »

Nute spits weed spores at the compost around the skeletal goat's legs then sprints around it in circles, hoping to distract it while the weeds grow to restrain it and it tangles itself and trips to be further restrained...
Nute also spends a moment being thankful that it is not surrounded by a full score of undead cor-mite husks.

Eeeergh... gunna have to "for science!!" the power of descriptions...

The gecko-like dryad had busied itself with deconstituting the dangerous weeds into healthy soil. It felt a strange shift in ambience, a murmor of sunset amidst what by all convention ought ot have been a simple, common night. A strange murmuring drifted through the undergrowth.With a bizarre rumble the mound of newly-enriched land rose and cracked. A massive pair of horns, each similar in size to the creature, breached the surface and entered the field, followed by a vacant skull, bereft of intent. As the assemblage of bones accumulated above the ground and assembled into a hint of a creature long passed, the dryad gazed upon it fretfully and pondered. It was to near to their heart, which was already beset by such entities. The others would be ill-prepared to control the two already amidst the tree, a third would be too much, it must be delayed!
 Stumbling upon a plan to constrict the unnaturally viable beast, the lizard-thing charged! Summoning forth its magical routes, seeds trembled into its throat and were promptly cast upon the newly-fertile surface around the intruder. The wet, feeding soil embraced the magical seeds which quickly sought to claim all that they could find. The dryads leaps and climbed and dashed around the skeltal figure's legs, spitting seeds all about as a carpet of tenacious growth spread around them.In time the new growth began to catch. Little force at first, but it stuck, and gathered, and allowed itself to be pulled with the legs as it knotted about. Its legs steadily entangling, the hollow trace of a once animal gathered about it a mess of green shoots, binding its legs and weighing it down as they sought out one another and formed a gentle carpet, constricting around legs, grasping at ribs, spreading through vqacant sockets...
 Such a monster was unlikely to remain bound by such restraints forever, but perhaps this would last long enough for the truth of such horrors to be revealed, and to end any hostilities that might exist. The yough dryad could only hope that such a fate would be borne...
« Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 09:06:47 pm by RAM »
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

FakerFangirl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #321 on: September 25, 2017, 06:57:24 pm »

Maple throws rocks at the Elf Zombie while keeping out of grabby range.
"Should we call a beak dog a gobbo doggo?" - Relevant_-_-Username

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: September 25, 2017, 07:13:24 pm »

Geos

If the zombie is moving slowly and following a predictable path that allows me to make the trap ahead of it, use Shift Earth to make a pothole in front of the elf to trip it and make it easier for us to swarm.
If that won't work, blast it with a Geode Bomb.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 07:29:43 pm by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: September 25, 2017, 07:14:58 pm »

Geos

If it would work, use Shift Earth to make a pothole in front of the elf to trip it and make it easier for us to swarm.

Can't use an IF statement to change your action based on information that you cannot have prior to actually trying it. Though I will remind you that Shift Earth is a non combat ability that states you need time to focus it.
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: September 25, 2017, 07:30:02 pm »

Geos

If it would work, use Shift Earth to make a pothole in front of the elf to trip it and make it easier for us to swarm.

Can't use an IF statement to change your action based on information that you cannot have prior to actually trying it. Though I will remind you that Shift Earth is a non combat ability that states you need time to focus it.
((I edited it. How's that work?))
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: September 26, 2017, 11:22:16 pm »

"Zooming Bees? That makes no seG'Aah! Just remembered 'em. More like learning from our Tree, though, but, anyway, we need to hold m'off! Buggers might rebury themselves at the end o' the moon. Otherwise, we might want some healing magic or somethin'. Wait, no one has healing or holy powers or anything like that, right? Right?"

Hikari uses a Spreading Jolt on whatever revived being comes to the tree first...wait. IF they're hostile.

"Wait...nothing's saying they're all evil. Sure it MIGHT be some evil force controlling them, but we don' know that yet. I can tell there's a Skeletal Goat over there, definitely. It's an Animal! I love them, and They love ME!! Trust me, guys, he'll be a friend after all this is over. He'll be real dead again, but hey, he won't die evil."
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: September 27, 2017, 06:51:12 am »

Nevermind found the OOC
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: September 27, 2017, 07:18:05 pm »

Spring 5, Year 2

Spoiler: Player Locations (click to show/hide)

Elf Zombie (T): 45/50
Animated Rat Husk (T): 1/5
Skeletal Goat (SS): 40/40

The Blood Moon recedes... But the undead remain!

Bob decides to bite the Rat Husk, inflicting 3 damage to it. Dryads do not really need to eat in the traditional sense, but the GM isn't inclined to describe in detail just how this thing tastes. The description would include the words Dump, Week, and Cockroaches. Bob fails to keep the thing in his mouth and the Rat retaliates to deal 1 damage.

The Fox strikes the rat with its paw to deal 1 damage. It refuses to bite it.

Nute breathes weed spores around the Skeletal Goat and then starts to run in circles around it. He quickly learns that the weed spores simply do not work that way, a lesson he would have learned if he paid a bit more attention to them in the past. While the weeds certainly do grow at what could fairly be described as a fast pace, their growth speed is not instantaneous. It is a process that takes place over several turns. Worse yet is the fact that the poisonous spores do not have an obvious manner of harming this undead creature made of bones and pretty much nothing else. The goat just sort of... Wanders a bit to the south, climbing up the mountainous terrain.

Maple Sylphseed just sort of... Throws some of the small rocks at the Elf Zombie to inflict 1 damage to it.

Geos also sort of throws a rock at it. By which I mean a Geode Bomb which detonates to deal 4 damage to the Elf Zombie. The Elf Zombie makes a grotesque gurgling sound and begins to move surprisingly fast for a Zombie, but also surprisingly slow for an elf. Crawling on all fours it charges in Geos's general direction, passes him, and keeps moving?

Hikari Sandashi decides to strike only if they come to the tree. She actually might be onto something. Whoever heard of a zombie that eats trees anyway? Hikari does not produce a Spreading Jolt this turn.

WaterDancer appears at the tree!

Fun Fact: Maple Sylphseed never used one of her abilities even a single time. No idea why. None.

Spoiler: Assets (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dryads (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tree and environment (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Upgrades (click to show/hide)

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: September 27, 2017, 08:12:45 pm »

Continue chomping on the rat.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: September 27, 2017, 09:32:23 pm »

Nute moves NE to E and plants some weed spores.
Read the First Post!
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23