Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 243

Author Topic: DFHack 50.13-r2.1  (Read 824631 times)

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.43.05-r3.1 | 0.44.02-alpha1 (dev)
« Reply #555 on: December 21, 2017, 05:37:37 pm »

Hi, I have a little question/request.

Can DFHack tell me what the names of my civilisations deities are ? or can it do that in future ?

I'm building a bunch of temples. My civ has 12 deities. I want to build a statue of each deity.

But, instead of writing it all down on paper, I'd like to be able to see my civ's deities in the DFHack window, so I can look at it while I'm specifying statue designs.
A follow on question to lethosor's:
Do you actually want the deities associated with your civ (I haven't found any direct links either, by the way), or do you want the ones your citizens (and possibly residents) worship (or possibly both)?
The civ list is probably static for the purpose of a fortress, while the citizen/resident one would grow over time as you acquire people who originate from other civs.

Kat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: December 21, 2017, 05:48:05 pm »

It's probably possible to do now, although there isn't a script that does that that I know of. What exactly do you mean by a "civilization's deities"? I'm not seeing a direct link to deities from historical entities/civs, but I'll investigate.
A follow on question to lethosor's:
Do you actually want the deities associated with your civ (I haven't found any direct links either, by the way), or do you want the ones your citizens (and possibly residents) worship (or possibly both)?
The civ list is probably static for the purpose of a fortress, while the citizen/resident one would grow over time as you acquire people who originate from other civs.

I mean, when I create a temple zone, I can choose to dedicate it to any of the deities that my citizens worship.

but I'd like to be able to see that list of the deities my citizens worship, somewhere, so that I can look at it in the dfhack window, while specifying images for my craftsmen/sculptors to create.

and yeah, I'd forgotten that immigrants from other civs might have other deities.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: December 21, 2017, 06:35:39 pm »

I mean, when I create a temple zone, I can choose to dedicate it to any of the deities that my citizens worship.

but I'd like to be able to see that list of the deities my citizens worship, somewhere, so that I can look at it in the dfhack window, while specifying images for my craftsmen/sculptors to create.
Oh, is that where that list comes from? I was trying to figure it out - in one world, it also happened to be all of the dwarven deities, but not in another world.
If you're only interested in the contents of the list, I can pretty easily provide something to print all the entries in that list when it's open (I was doing that anyway to test).

Edit: I'm seeing 12 deities listed in a fort with 7 citizens, and each citizen only worships one deity (with some overlap), so the list is coming from somewhere else.

Here are a couple one-line commands you can copy and paste into the DFHack console (you have to include the colon in ":lua").
For dwarven names:
Code: [Select]
:lua for _,d in pairs(ui_sidebar_menus.location.deities) do if d then print(dfhack.df2console(dfhack.TranslateName(d.name))) end end
English names: (note that I just added "true" as a second parameter to TranslateName)
Code: [Select]
:lua for _,d in pairs(ui_sidebar_menus.location.deities) do if d then print(dfhack.df2console(dfhack.TranslateName(d.name,true))) end end
Note that you need to have the temple deity selection menu open for these to work. The second (English) one seems to match the text displayed in that list, although I don't know if it matches the slab creation list, so I provided both.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2017, 07:00:43 pm by lethosor »
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: December 21, 2017, 06:38:25 pm »

so slowly working on a add to military script for enlisting guests to your army so you can send them on raids.
ended up filling the entire squad with the same person, over all ironing out the recruit script so it possible that those you recruited are added to the squad so you dont end up with random folks in your fort and be able to put them to use... in defending, the lack of labors is another problem.

once this is done, now to see if I can figure out the retrieval of an item so it possible to send folks out to get supplies than an artifact.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Kat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: December 21, 2017, 08:33:08 pm »

I was trying to figure it out - in one world, it also happened to be all of the dwarven deities, but not in another world.
Edit: I'm seeing 12 deities listed in a fort with 7 citizens, and each citizen only worships one deity (with some overlap), so the list is coming from somewhere else.

Cool. Thanks !

About your finding 12 deities listed in a 7-population fort. I'm wondering if that might be your parent civilisation's pantheon, and you just haven't got migrants yet that worship the others in the pantheon.

I think each independent civilisation generates its own pantheon, so if there's more than one dwarf civilisation, then the list will not include all dwarven deities in the world.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: December 22, 2017, 04:31:58 am »

I was trying to figure it out - in one world, it also happened to be all of the dwarven deities, but not in another world.

Cool. Thanks !

About your finding 12 deities listed in a 7-population fort. I'm wondering if that might be your parent civilisation's pantheon, and you just haven't got migrants yet that worship the others in the pantheon.

I think each independent civilisation generates its own pantheon, so if there's more than one dwarf civilisation, then the list will not include all dwarven deities in the world.
I haven't done much with deities (I'm using omni temples since my rather failed attempt to use dedicated ones caused the visitors to cram into temples rather than petition or research, for, or do whatever else they were supposed to be at the fortress for), but if I remember correctly, the list of deities you can create temples for initially contains the ones your civ worships (and I believe Kat is correct in that this is a subset of the race set), regardless of whether anyone worships those. The list of available deities then grows as "foreign" ones are worshiped by the population.

Devast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: December 22, 2017, 06:17:09 am »

Is the Startdwarf script not working or am I doing something incorrect?

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: December 22, 2017, 06:39:43 am »

so uhh spent some time writing up scripts that mess with the raiding system so here's the probably updated version of recruit, and the move to military script for enlisting well historical units like say guests to a military squad of their own so you can send them out to attack stuff, or go on a raid. For the fort mode player who end up with more traveling guests than they have militia. I guess this probably works on the 'hostile' units on unretire maps.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

ps. this probably works on ghosts so a squad full of ghosts is possible
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: December 22, 2017, 11:18:30 am »

I haven't done much with deities (I'm using omni temples since my rather failed attempt to use dedicated ones caused the visitors to cram into temples rather than petition or research, for, or do whatever else they were supposed to be at the fortress for), but if I remember correctly, the list of deities you can create temples for initially contains the ones your civ worships (and I believe Kat is correct in that this is a subset of the race set), regardless of whether anyone worships those. The list of available deities then grows as "foreign" ones are worshiped by the population.
Any idea how to get that list (without having to start creating a new temple)?

Is the Startdwarf script not working or am I doing something incorrect?
It will work in the next version, unless you're using the 64-bit Linux build.

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
  • Profile Pic has Changed! Sorry for the Delay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: December 22, 2017, 12:04:55 pm »

Just want to do another check - is there any way to dfhack in new items, reactions, or pets to existing civilisations (entities) in a world? I have heard at least pets or mounts can be hacked in.
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: December 22, 2017, 12:47:22 pm »

http://dfhack.readthedocs.io/en/stable/docs/_auto/devel.html#devel-inject-raws might work, but I haven't used it. There should be more directions if you try running the script. Make a backup of your save first! This script can cause corruption if you use it incorrectly.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: December 22, 2017, 01:01:25 pm »

Regarding deities list:
No, I've only seen the list in game when trying to build a temple. The only other way I can think of at the moment is the rather brute force action of going through all hist figs to find the deities, check if they are civ tagged (I don't know if they are or even should be) to possibly get the starting list.
I can get the deities from a single sapient's relations, so getting it for all residents would be a matter of going through the units list and look at the ones that are residents.
The second part is fairly reasonable, but I don't like the first part. There must be somewhere in the data structures where you can find a civ's deities, as I very much doubt Toady uses the stupid brute force approach above. If there's a list of deities somewhere and they're tagged with civs somehow you can probably easily scan through that list (it shouldn't be very long), but a (unmapped) list of deity hist fig Ids in the civ entity would be even easier for the base (I think you still have to scan the units to get the current set, unless it's cached/built during game play).

Kat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: December 22, 2017, 02:42:04 pm »

Not sure how helpful this would be, but using the exportlegends thing, and looking at it with worldviewer, you can see a civilisation and see their list of native deities.

so, it would appear to be saved somewhere within the games data, right ?

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: December 22, 2017, 02:58:39 pm »

Not sure how helpful this would be, but using the exportlegends thing, and looking at it with worldviewer, you can see a civilisation and see their list of native deities.

so, it would appear to be saved somewhere within the games data, right ?
I've seen that as well, and it's a good idea, but unfortunately I don't think it helps us to find *where* it's stored, unless that's part of the "extra" info (as that is actually extracted using DFHackery, and so that code could be studied). Since Legends Mode can export it, it can presumably also display it, but then we're probably back at pulling data from a UI screen rather than whatever the actual source is.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: December 22, 2017, 04:04:32 pm »

Yeah, the only thing exportlegends does with deities is exporting the deities associated with certain buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 243