Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 238 239 [240] 241 242 243

Author Topic: DFHack 50.13-r2.1  (Read 824556 times)

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 50.11-r2
« Reply #3585 on: November 13, 2023, 08:09:08 am »

Hello everyone! Was wondering if there are any plans to add classic keyboard support and keybinds to the .50 version of the game? Really missing those old keybinds.
so I went and made a DF50 keyboard cursor script that just a modified version of a different gui liquids script that display an x where the in game cursor is currently placed.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

myk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 50.10-r1 (with Linux support)
« Reply #3586 on: November 16, 2023, 11:28:47 am »

DFHack 50.11-r3 released!

Highlights: Selection dimension indicator, Choose mechanisms for linking, Burrows!

Get it from:

Full installation instructions: https://docs.dfhack.org/en/stable/docs/Installing.html

joostheger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 50.11-r3
« Reply #3587 on: November 17, 2023, 07:02:54 am »

What do I do when I have found out information, that is currently not in df-structurers?
Or when I have a suggestion for a script-improvement?

Well, it is this: you can kill a unit "by old age". by setting old_age and old_time to any low number. old_age is the age in which the unit dies, and old_time is the time THAT YEAR in which it dies.
So the script 'exterminate' can be updated by a new way of killing people. How nice.

Whats better: this can probably be used to kill off-site units, if you know their unit-id.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2023, 07:06:45 am by joostheger »

Saiko Kila

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3588 on: November 17, 2023, 01:39:10 pm »

What do I do when I have found out information, that is currently not in df-structurers?
Or when I have a suggestion for a script-improvement?

Well, it is this: you can kill a unit "by old age". by setting old_age and old_time to any low number. old_age is the age in which the unit dies, and old_time is the time THAT YEAR in which it dies.
So the script 'exterminate' can be updated by a new way of killing people. How nice.

Whats better: this can probably be used to kill off-site units, if you know their unit-id.

Units can die of old age before and after the old age time, so it's only approximate. Actually, units practically never die on the exact old age date.

When the new year starts, some of the units with old age in the future also die (especially from the first half of the new year), randomly. And if an unit with old age date in the past is off-screen, it won't die on that date, it will die either after entering the map, or in the beginning of new year. Also, some necromancers have the date set, but of course they won't die, because they are necromancers.

joostheger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3589 on: November 17, 2023, 02:35:12 pm »

Well, I let a unit die by setting old_age and old_time on 1, so I'm sure it works.
Maybe the units dieing in the future is because of old_time was negative or something like that. Do you know how those values were related?

Clément

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3590 on: November 18, 2023, 08:12:44 am »

What could be causing "Too many failed accepts, shutting down RemoteServer"? It happens when I disconnect/reconnect my client too many times (on Linux, both native and wine, dfhack 50.11-r3 built from sources with extra custom plugins). Although the remote server is disabled, the client connection that caused the error is still working after that (but I cannot make new ones). There is no other error message.

Edit: in "void ServerMainImpl::threadFn(std::promise<bool> promise, int port)", acceptFail counts all accept calls, not only failed ones (commit 0914869). I'm surprised I did not notice this sooner. (reported here)
« Last Edit: November 18, 2023, 08:30:27 am by Clément »

myk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 50.10-r1 (with Linux support)
« Reply #3591 on: November 22, 2023, 02:39:42 pm »

DFHack 50.11-r4 released!

Important bugfixes and QoL improvements.

Get it from:

Full installation instructions: https://docs.dfhack.org/en/stable/docs/Installing.html

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 50.11-r4
« Reply #3592 on: November 24, 2023, 11:26:36 pm »

Does anyone know if there's a Lua one-liner to print the agitation level of a fort?  Or are there potentially several map regions?  I've been trying to figure out how to get any of the fort's map data from the Lua interpreter but haven't had much luck.

Also, is there a way to "undiscover" cavern layers with the Lua interpreter?
Through pain, I find wisdom.

0x517A5D

• Bay Watcher
  • Hex Editor‬‬
    • View Profile
« Reply #3593 on: November 25, 2023, 01:30:19 am »

Does anyone know if there's a Lua one-liner to print the agitation level of a fort?  Or are there potentially several map regions?  I've been trying to figure out how to get any of the fort's map data from the Lua interpreter but haven't had much luck.

This post has a couple of one-liners that print that info.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #3594 on: November 25, 2023, 10:29:24 am »

Also, is there a way to "undiscover" cavern layers with the Lua interpreter?

If you want to mark a map feature as "not discovered", there's already a script for that - run "feature list" to see which ones are there, then "feature hide N" to undiscover the one you don't want.

Though, it's possible that digging around that feature might cause it to get rediscovered, so you might need to re-disable it again from time to time.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3595 on: November 25, 2023, 11:28:42 am »

Perfect, thanks both of you.

Yeah, for the caverns, I accidentally caused a cave-in while digging an open pit mine that collapsed and punched through to the caverns.  I wanted to avoid them entirely so I think undiscovering it once should help.

Edit: I hid the feature, but I see I'm still getting visitors who want to slay monsters.  Is there another flag I have to toggle to stop that?

The cavern is still visible too, which is fine, but I guess that's also controlled by other map data.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2023, 05:07:00 pm by Telgin »
Through pain, I find wisdom.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3596 on: November 27, 2023, 11:29:09 pm »

So... I'm getting back into the game (now that I've figured out how to exit Steam without it leaving behind zombie processes), and I'm trying to set up autochop so that it excludes trees with products that are brewable, edible, and/or cookable.

I tried first by running gui/autochop, but there apparently weren't any options to exclude trees based on their products.  after searching the DFHack manual, I decided to try using autochop from the command line...

And I got this:

Any help?
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

Madde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3597 on: November 28, 2023, 03:01:11 pm »

I'm sorry in advance if this is not the right place to post this as I'm still using the 47.05 version of DF and DFhack, but I just can't seem to get item-trigger working at all.

I tried it with these two lines in onMapLoad.init:
modtools/item-trigger -itemType ITEM_WEAPON_SABRE -onEquip -command [ modtools/add-syndrome -syndrome "test syndrome" -resetPolicy ResetDuration -target \\UNIT_ID ]
modtools/item-trigger -itemType ITEM_WEAPON_SABRE -onUnequip -command [ modtools/add-syndrome -syndrome "test syndrome" -erase -target \\UNIT_ID ]

... but despite everything looking alright the game just crashes or closes to desktop during the loading screen.
It even happens if I just type in modtools/item-trigger and no further arguments, other commands seem to work fine.

myk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3598 on: November 28, 2023, 04:08:12 pm »

Edit: I hid the feature, but I see I'm still getting visitors who want to slay monsters.  Is there another flag I have to toggle to stop that?

The cavern is still visible too, which is fine, but I guess that's also controlled by other map data.
If the cavern is blocked off with natural walls, you could use revflood to hide them, but that won't work with constructed walls (by design). If you use tiletypes to add in natural walls, though, you could use revflood to hide the caverns again. That *might* help with the monster slayers, but I'm not sure.

I tried first by running gui/autochop, but there apparently weren't any options to exclude trees based on their products.

There is no global setting for protecting those types of trees. You have to define a burrow and set the protections on the burrow. This is true for the commandline as well. The error message you're seeing should obviously be better phrased, but the issue is that the command you ran has a syntax error. The syntax is:

autochop (protect|unprotect) <type>[,<type>...] <burrow>[,<burrow>...]

and you're missing the burrow specification at the end.

It even happens if I just type in modtools/item-trigger and no further arguments

modtools/item-trigger enables some EventManager events when it is run. My guess is that there is a crash bug in EventManager for one of those event types. What are you trying to build? This may be worth releasing a new 47.05 version of DFHack for.

Madde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3599 on: November 29, 2023, 07:28:13 am »

modtools/item-trigger enables some EventManager events when it is run. My guess is that there is a crash bug in EventManager for one of those event types. What are you trying to build? This may be worth releasing a new 47.05 version of DFHack for.

I tried with a few older versions of DFhack, 47.05 r8 and r5 crashes when an item-trigger script is run, while r2 seems to work fine.
I didn't test r3 and r4 yet, as r2 seems to suffice for the few scripts that I need.

As for what I'm trying to make, I have been working on a Bloodborne and Darkest Dungeon inspired conversion mod for quite a while now, and I'll probably make use of the item-trigger and reaction-trigger scripts here and there to bring some variety into fort mode and adv mode gameplay.
One such thing would be the Moonlight Basin, a workshop where infused wax idols could be used to summon various ethereal creatures depending on the current phase of the moon.
I've already tried it with the boiling rock syndrome method and it seems to work, but I think using DFhack to more consistently grant the syndrome and make the building OUTSIDE_ONLY would be great.
Pages: 1 ... 238 239 [240] 241 242 243