Once Dark Rolls dies?
- 2 (28.6%)
Wouldn't sequelitis kill it?
- 0 (0%)
Obligatory joke option!
- 3 (42.9%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 166

Author Topic: Undead Hunt - Dark Age Upon Us - The End  (Read 167841 times)

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
Re: Undead Hunt - Dark Age Upon Us [6/6]
« Reply #90 on: June 15, 2017, 10:40:37 pm »

kneeling before the shrine, he sets his longsword flat upon it, and silently prays for the strength to protect the other survivors.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 16, 2017, 01:03:32 am »

Like, a leg slashed out of someone's body, yet reanimated it still moved it's fingers.

I think I understand the confusion, you're using the wrong English words. Hands have fingers, feet have toes. Also, decapitated means removing the head. You mean severed.

I really need to stop posting late night...

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 16, 2017, 02:49:44 am »

It's too late now Dark One, once you take to nightly posting, you can never leave it.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 16, 2017, 08:26:41 am »

Turn 2

[5] The wanderer drawn his sword and came closer to shrine. His weapon gleamed with faint, blue light for a moment and absorbed a big charge of holy energy! It seemed that the blade itself became stronger too!

Well, that was something. Nice job sir... Uh... What was your name again? - demonologist exclaimed and asked exorcist, but without waiting for an answer he continued: Either way, I will go to the keep to investigate the mysterious arcane magic in that place. Does anyone else wants to go to the keep? - he asked, and then hastily added: My name is Pguhyuh. Dont ask about it.

[4] Then Pguhyuh checked his equipment to prepare before moving towards the keep. Everything was intact and in top condition, and he was well prepared to deal with any demonic forces he could possibly meet.

Praise thee Lord, for shining Thy Light upon this fouled place. - exorcist gave his praise to God, then gave Pguhyuh an agreeing nod. He waited for others before moving towards Height Keep.

[3] Hey! I don't recall it ever doin' that 'afore! My pitchfork gits the holy first, it's my village! - Dennis shouted out and pushing others on his way, touched the shrine with his pitchfork. His weapon shone for a while just like Aaron's sword, but with weaker light. It absorbed a smaller charge.

I wont be using the shrine. Arcane energy, demonic trinkets and dark magic doesnt mix well with holy blessings. - Pguhuyh explained, and received a response from wanderer: I plan on testing that hypothesis.

[5] After Dennis moved from the shrine, inquisitor kneeled before it, setting his longsword flat upon it's sacrificial and consecrating surface. He started praying, and with his silent prayer faith of him and his companion increased, among with sword receiving a big charge of holy energy; faint, blue glow emanating from it's blade.

[1] Finally before moving, it was time to see what happens if you try to fill brimstone chunk charm with charges of holy energy. Wanderer touched shrine with the chunk, and then it instantly turned ablaze!

[4] Luckily for Aaron, the flames didn't hurt him and ceased after a brief moment. There was no noticeable change within the chunk.

[1] It was time to move on towards the keep, but sudden commotion stopped everybody. A few corpses from nearby piles got up from the ground, and with horrifying yells and screams of torment, they started wandering the area!

[6] Bob moved past the severed leg that ominously moved it's toes, thinking about a best way to describe it. Finding a shelter for the night was an appealing idea, and getting past some more bodies, barricades and charred buildings, he saw a shelter built by old farmer Craig on the outskirts of village. People called him mad for telling all that nonsense about cataclysm, personal fortress construction, and now it seems that he was right after all. Right, at least when he was alive; now his reanimated corpse guards entrance to that tiny stronghold he built! This is incredibly risky, but Craig most probably stashed a whole lot of resources, tools and alcohol in there.

Team: +1 Faith
Dennis: Holy pitchfork [10 charges]
Aaron Blaze: Holy Sword [20 charges], permanent +5 to damage
Reynald Smithson: Holy longsword [20 charges]

OOC

Your weapons will revert from holy back to normal once all charges get depleted, and they deal the same amount of holy damage as physical. 1 charge equals 1 strike/shot no matter what you hit with the weapon, and shooting holy bolts (yes, you can direct a holy bolt with sword or other weapon), is 5 charges for small bolt, 10 for huge bolt. Failure at shrine enchanting gets two rolls: one for performing it (if it's successfull, then second roll is skipped), second for failure effects. You can enchant your items as many times as you want, as long as there is enough energy at a shrine, and enchanting can be performed in other ways/places too.

Undead are on patrol, but unaware of your presence yet. Good luck with your first enemy encounters!
« Last Edit: June 16, 2017, 08:31:32 am by Dark One »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 16, 2017, 08:37:16 am »

Carefully move toward our destination (the keep), with my crossbow readied; if we come to a point where there's zombies blocking our path, carefully line up my crossbow so that the shot will go through multiple zombies, and fire.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2017, 09:11:50 am by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 16, 2017, 09:10:30 am »

Gur qrnq jnyxf! The undead are already here. We must leave now!
Carefully leave the place, try to find the fastest way to the keep, but try to avoid the walking corpses
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 16, 2017, 09:33:21 am »

I'm Goin' to take a Wild charge with my Scythe at Craig's legs.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 16, 2017, 04:15:16 pm »

avoid engaging the undead where possible and catch up with the exorcist. The only reason I can think of that the dead would be rising is that a dark spirit has detected our actions and is moving to intercept us.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 16, 2017, 04:22:42 pm »

"And you see that one, 'e cheated at cards. And that one ne'er shut up. Not sure who that one is. Hope it's Tom."

Follow the others to the keep, continuing to describe the bodies we pass.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2017, 04:35:45 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 16, 2017, 04:28:14 pm »

I'm not sure if you can see Craig from village center (you haven't moved due to sudden corpse rising). And crazyabe headed towards village outskirts (thus getting closer to hill) alone.

It's too late now Dark One, once you take to nightly posting, you can never leave it.

You are damn right about this...
« Last Edit: June 16, 2017, 04:29:50 pm by Dark One »

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 16, 2017, 04:35:48 pm »

Ok, I changed it.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 16, 2017, 04:40:00 pm »

Just one more person and we're good.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 16, 2017, 04:53:55 pm »

Nix:

"Foul things."

Stay at a distance from the corpses, and try to keep up with the rest to the keep. Draw my dagger.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 16, 2017, 05:50:22 pm »

Turn 3

[1] The group carefully started moving towards the hills. Gur qrnq jnyxf! - Pguhyuh shouted out in foreign language, then calmed himself down. His shouts drawn the dead! The undead are already here. We must leave now! - he said in terror as several corpses were approaching. Dennis took it much more calmly, recognising some of villagers in them: And you see that one, 'e cheated at cards. And that one ne'er shut up. Not sure who that one is. Hope it's Tom. - he said, pointing at each of them with his pitchfork.

[Aaron: 2, Zombies: 5] Wanderer tried to line up with undead to hurt multiple zombies with one bolt, but they approached the group from three different spots. He shot at one, but missed and the bolt lodged in the ground.

Foul things. - Jeremiah said drawing his dagger.

[Zombies: 5, Group: 4] Rotting corpses of villagers were getting closer, but everyone in the group was able to back into alleys a bit and 
hastily plan a strategy.

[Bob: 1, Zombie Craig: 6] Bob grabbed his scythe and raised it focusing on the undead farmer, and then ran straight at him in a wild charge. Peasant made a wild, unbalancing slash with his scythe, but a blade coming halfway through cadaver's body didn't make any difference for it. Craig grabbed Bob's head and smacked him against walls of shelter it was protecting several times!

Bob: -10 HP, stunned

OOC

Ammo for ranged weapons is unlimited. crazyabe got some nasty rolls there, but it's not lost yet. I decided that it'd be better for you to slightly fall back and decide if you want to fight or escape. Stun lets enemy attack/make move first in next turn.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2017, 05:54:31 pm by Dark One »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 16, 2017, 05:55:11 pm »

Fall back, firing another shot into the crowd of undead. No need to be worrying about where specifically I'm aiming, or aiming at a specific zombie; there's a ton of them. Easy as hitting the broad side of a barn.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 166