Once Dark Rolls dies?
- 2 (28.6%)
Wouldn't sequelitis kill it?
- 0 (0%)
Obligatory joke option!
- 3 (42.9%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 166

Author Topic: Undead Hunt - Dark Age Upon Us - The End  (Read 167801 times)

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: Undead Hunt - Dark Age Upon Us: Reign of the Undead Duke [6/6]
« Reply #330 on: July 05, 2017, 03:35:14 pm »

"Please Father, guide us."

Continue praying! These undead shall be overcome!
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: July 05, 2017, 03:50:36 pm »

Even if I survive my solo part, im gonna be a few levels behind. What can I do? I kind of need twice as much xp because of my demon and im already missing a few level ups from the fight and the boss.

Smoke needs only 1 kill to advance and you need 3. If rolls will throw some enemies against you in caverns, then you'll level up after killing them. Besides, if you're underlevelled, you can look around for better equipment. Stock stuff is garbage. And you've got amethyst crystals right there. Guess whatt you can do with those crystals since weapon upgrading is possible...
« Last Edit: July 05, 2017, 03:52:50 pm by Dark One »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: July 05, 2017, 03:53:10 pm »

And you've got amethyst crystals right there. You've got amethyst rod in equipment. Guess why it deals arcane damage and what you can do with those crystals since weapon upgrading is possible...
What would happen if I put some amethysts into my crossbow? Or my sword? Or if I cut myself, put an amethyst shard into the cut, and let it heal over?
What if I'm overthinking this? :P
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: July 05, 2017, 03:55:25 pm »

What would happen if I put some amethysts into my crossbow? Or my sword? Or if I cut myself, put an amethyst shard into the cut, and let it heal over?
What if I'm overthinking this? :P

If you put an amethyst into a wound, then you'll just have a chance to get infection due to having some shit in your wound :P If you want to know what amethyst does with weapons, check what kind of damage amethyst rod does.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: July 05, 2017, 04:02:49 pm »

Ok, adds arcane damage.

Are there damage interactions? Like, what happens when arcane and holy damage are fused? Does my holy crossbow have an issue with me turning into a dark spirit and doing dark damage? What would happen if I made an attack that dealt both fire damage and ice damage?

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: July 05, 2017, 04:03:40 pm »

1) The crystals are clearly a trap  :P
2) What can I upgrade with amethyst in my inventory? Is there enough to upgrade everything? Does a roll determine the result? If yes, would a 1 permanently ruin my stuff, make it worse, etc?
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: July 05, 2017, 04:10:34 pm »

"get out of here, I'll hold him off as long as I can!"
takeing his defensive stance, he would Sacrifice some more of himself and try to land a Mighty strike so as to weaken the duke and slow him down for the others.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: July 05, 2017, 04:17:52 pm »

Ok, adds arcane damage.

Are there damage interactions? Like, what happens when arcane and holy damage are fused? Does my holy crossbow have an issue with me turning into a dark spirit and doing dark damage? What would happen if I made an attack that dealt both fire damage and ice damage?

Arcane + other damage types adds up their effects, arcane can be converted to elemental as well. Dark cancels holy and vice versa. When you are a dark spirit, you deal dark damage only, everything gets converted into dark. Elemental damage in high amounts cancel each other when you use antagonistic elements. Casting a fire storm and frost nova will get you some water droplets sprayed around. In small amounts, you cast a spell that shots a firebolt, but it gets weakened by a tiny fraction when affected by your ice aura.

1) The crystals are clearly a trap  :P
2) What can I upgrade with amethyst in my inventory? Is there enough to upgrade everything? Does a roll determine the result? If yes, would a 1 permanently ruin my stuff, make it worse, etc?

1) Rolls will show...
2) You can upgrade literally everything. Weapons, armors, charms. Each thing will require using it in different form. Like, if you want to upgrade your tome, then you need amethyst powder or getting it encrusted with gems. Weapons can have them as gems placed in sockets or powder mixed into the alloy. With charms you use powder on them or just strap the gem to them, or use amethyst as a gem in ring/amulet. 1 gem = 1 upgrade. Roll does determine result and there's chance to damage your item. It can go as bad as to a need to reforge weapon/get new item.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2017, 04:19:24 pm by Dark One »

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: July 05, 2017, 04:39:29 pm »

So my amethyst rod can do elemental damage?
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: July 05, 2017, 04:42:59 pm »

Are you going to be a demonologist too?
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: July 05, 2017, 04:53:00 pm »

Yeah, sorry, PMed my character sheet to the GM, you can see it on the wait list.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: July 05, 2017, 05:02:35 pm »

What is demonic language? I mean, I know demons speak that but I was never told about translations and stuff. Is it just random letters?

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: July 05, 2017, 05:03:46 pm »

Its how Smoke communicates.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: July 05, 2017, 05:08:42 pm »

So my amethyst rod can do elemental damage?

You'll need something that could convert arcane to elemental, a charm or some weapon.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: July 05, 2017, 05:19:17 pm »

EDIT: I am a confused person, that was your language. Nevermind, my original post is moot.
I wish I could just delete this.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2017, 05:21:20 pm by Glass »
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 166