Once Dark Rolls dies?
- 2 (28.6%)
Wouldn't sequelitis kill it?
- 0 (0%)
Obligatory joke option!
- 3 (42.9%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 166

Author Topic: Undead Hunt - Dark Age Upon Us - The End  (Read 167203 times)

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
Re: Undead Hunt - Dark Age Upon Us: Reign of the Undead Duke [6/6]
« Reply #420 on: July 09, 2017, 07:30:04 pm »

Hmmm, why's that guy hugging an angel, and shouting something about a foul deceiver?
"Sometimes, things just happen."
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: July 09, 2017, 07:49:51 pm »

Ok then, go knight guy, kill the dragon!

Cheer for Quiz
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: July 10, 2017, 01:31:18 am »

(How much amethyst did I grab at the entrance of the cave?)

None, you fell down the shaft with Smoke. You can pick some up on the way back.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: July 10, 2017, 02:45:25 am »

(How much amethyst did I grab at the entrance of the cave?)

None, you fell down the shaft with Smoke. You can pick some up on the way back.
Care to tell me my current chances of survival this turn?
Edit: oh and happy supposed birthday.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: July 10, 2017, 03:21:43 am »

Pretty high chances to get him down or at least stun him while heavenly aid still works.

Thanks! Thought that I'll gift players with something this turn, either a buff or rolls bonus (or both).

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: July 10, 2017, 10:04:37 am »

Keep praying, exorcist! I'll take care of the spirit!
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Undead Hunt - Dark Age Upon Us: Tryumph of inquisitor [6/6]
« Reply #426 on: July 10, 2017, 03:57:31 pm »

Turn 22

[4 +1] Wanderer extended his incorporeality by gathering more dark energies!

[Aaron: 5, Fallen angel: 1] Then he flied up to dark spirit holding on exorcist and tackled it. When it turned it's dread and horrifying face towards Aaron, he simply punched it, breaking the heavenly aid it used to fool others. Punched it repeatedly, until it left hold of Jeremiah! YOU FOUL DECEIVER! - he screamed falling down.

[1 +1] Jeremiah fell on the ground and hit it with his head. This surely knocked him unconscious!

Old woman, what is going on here? - said the newcomer to Dennis. Man! - shouted peasant offended by this grave mistake. What? - Lysander, as that was demonologist's name, asked surprised.

[5] Nevermind, too silly. I'm a man called Dennis. We want that there knight in shinin' armor to kill the other fellow. On that, finish the fight, chief! - Dennis cheered up inquisitor to the top!

Hmmm, why's that guy hugging an angel, and shouting something about a foul deceiver? - Lysander had seemingly endless stream of questions to ask. Sometimes, things just happen. - Dennis hastily replied.

[Reynald: 2 +3, Undead Duke: 1] I stand fast in the face of your dark will, and I will not relent no matter what sorcery you bring to bear against me! Let us end this! - Reynald yelled to the dragon-duke. Finally you have realised your foolishness! - Duke replied, then approached Reynald to bite him in the neck. But inquisitor hastily assumed a defensive stance, and when undead charged, he striked him in face with pommel of his longsword's hilt, then stabbed through it's head, ending the reign of Undead Duke! Beams of light striked through undead duke's wounds, with his last screams, knights that he raised turned with him into ashes, leaving only equipment tainted by undead.

[5] Ok then, go knight guy, kill the dragon! - Lysander attempted to cheer Reynald up, but he was just a few second too late!

Keep praying, exorcist! I'll take care of the spirit! - Aaron shouted to unconscious Jeremiah.

[5] Fzbxr, what do you know about gods? Wait, do demons worship gods? - Pguhyuh asked his companion. Gods are powerful beings, born not much unlike demons, from the arcane. Yet they don't posses the deadly weakness to element that born them like we do. Demons don't worship any gods, demons worship stronger demons! - Smoke replied.

[5] Lyirah, what can you remember? tell us your full story please. Talking about your memories should help you remember what is missing. Your father is still alive, right? - demonologist asked Lyirah. I already told you most of it.
 Suddenly being pulled out of the state that children of gods were in, I woke up on charred fields close to some burned, dead village, naked, cold and hungry. My body was ashen, all scarred and in horrible pain. I didn't knew where I was and who I was. I tried to find help in that village, hoping that someone was still alive. But I only ran into dark spirits, undead and even a demon!
- she started - And then all of a sudden Seymour appeared, saying that my father once payed him his respect, and now it was his time to repay him the same. He got me out of that village and got me some clothes later on. As we travelled, we witnessed horrors of the apocalypse and even met other demigods, just like me. - demigodess continued - They were just as weak and confused as me. Falling victim to monstrosities and people mistaking them to demons. Seymour protected me all that time, helping me remember who I was and restoring the link with my father. I doubt that Dhynn would be of much help right now, he left the realm in ages past, my link with him weakens with every minute. Seymour once told me about how he left the world. My father was a rock giant, wielding an enormous amethyst spear. Seymour said that he embedded it in earth with great force, forming Eastern Mountains. I believe that this spear is still right there, somewhere underground, and that it would help me keep up the link with my father. - demigodess said.

[2 +1] Pguhyuh and his companions moved up the passage. On the way, he was able to pick up four small amethyst crystals. Lyirah opened the way up and they got to courtyard, then entered the large entry hall. They got just in time to see how inquisitor defeats Undead Duke.

Undead Duke: -44 HP, Dead
Undead swordsman: Dead
Undead maceman: Dead
Undead spearman: Dead

Fallen Angel: -30 HP, stunned [30/60]

Team: Level up! Prayer and Heavenly Aid bonuses ended.

Aaron: 5 turns to corporeality
Jeremiah: -10 HP, unconscious for 2 turns
Pguhyuh: Found 4 small amethysts

OOC

Gave everyone +1 to rolls due to it being a birthday update! First boss is dead, everyone levels up. You may also loot the corpses for items, and rest after dealing with dark spirit. randomgenericusername, decide if you want Smoke to become stronger demon or give him new skill and more HP, then PM me. Being unconscious, Jeremiah has to roll for waking up and post his next action. If roll fails, his action is skipped.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2017, 04:07:48 pm by Dark One »

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: July 10, 2017, 04:13:18 pm »

Happy birthday, Dark One!
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: July 10, 2017, 04:16:18 pm »

Huzzah! That was a great show my good man, let me introduce myself, I'm Lysander Blackgaurd, a demonologist, pleased to meet you, now, shall we see what the undead had on them?

Explore the keep

Level up Power: Decrease the amount of health required to bind a demon and increase the bound demon cap.

Seconded
« Last Edit: July 11, 2017, 07:49:33 am by Smoke Mirrors »
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: July 10, 2017, 04:29:09 pm »

Huzzah! That was a great show my good man, let me introduce myself, I'm Lysander Blackgaurd, a demonologist, pleased to meet you, now, shall we see what the undead had on them?

Begin searching undead corpses, starting with The Duke
"The Duke's gear belongs to me as victor of the duel, and if you touch his corpse without my permission I will not protect you from the dangers of the undead."
go pick up jeremiah and carry him to safety, away from the fallen angel.

Honestly, the nerve of these people. No honor in the lot of them, especially since I fought the duke by myself and did so to protect the entire group from having to deal with both him AND his minions!
« Last Edit: July 10, 2017, 04:31:05 pm by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: July 10, 2017, 04:31:28 pm »

Changed

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: July 10, 2017, 04:34:29 pm »

What should I do then?
One, there is a dark spirit that needs killing. You could help with that. Two, if you absolutely must take loot, there are three undead knight corpses to take from as well.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: July 10, 2017, 04:35:36 pm »

What should I do then?
One, there is a dark spirit that needs killing. You could help with that. Two, if you absolutely must take loot, there are three undead knight corpses to take from as well.
I have a -2 to rolls against dark spirits.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: July 10, 2017, 04:36:13 pm »

Have a happy birthday weedle!

Level up ability: White Dragon's Heritage: all nearby enemies take constant cold damage (i.e. 10-20 per turn?). Visually, it looks like a snowstorm centered around Aaron. In addition, Aaron develops small white scales, and his face stretches out into a dragon's snout (he's turning into a white dragonborn [see attached picture], though the scales and snout don't do anything... yet).
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Demolish the fallen angel! Today, it shall know the punishment for such deception!

Dustan, remember, we should distribute the gear depending on who can use it... and his servants probably also had some good equipment.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: July 10, 2017, 04:41:03 pm »

What should I do then?
I have a -2 to rolls against dark spirits.
So do I. You don't see me complaining though, and I'm helping get the person who can deal with effectively to safety before said spirit lays the smackdown on their unconscious body. On top of that, Dennis has -1 penalty to undead, demons AND dark spirits. That doesn't deter him, does it?

Edit: on the subject of loot, I am quite aware of that, and will do so at the earliest convenience. But I'm not having someone else take armor that I can use or a weapon that would be as great for me as it would be for anyone else.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2017, 04:43:08 pm by Dustan Hache »
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 166