Once Dark Rolls dies?
- 2 (28.6%)
Wouldn't sequelitis kill it?
- 0 (0%)
Obligatory joke option!
- 3 (42.9%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 166

Author Topic: Undead Hunt - Dark Age Upon Us - The End  (Read 167200 times)

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Undead Hunt - Dark Age Upon Us: Searching the Keep [8/8]
« Reply #795 on: July 26, 2017, 12:29:42 pm »

Maybe its because the "main" enemy is the spirit, and its possesing the corpse you are atacking.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: July 26, 2017, 12:50:04 pm »

It's corporal Glass, just deal with it.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: July 26, 2017, 12:55:54 pm »

At this point, my issue is not that it's corporeal; it's that it's been referred to using a term that implies incorporeality that's the problem. If it's corporeal, I shouldn't have to infer that, and it shouldn't be included as a member of a group of enemies whose defining feature is their incorporeality.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: July 26, 2017, 01:13:12 pm »

Alright, we get it. Dark could have been a bit more clear. This is hard, and Dark is doing almost every day for free. Let's just forget about it and move on with the fight.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: July 26, 2017, 01:19:48 pm »

Exploration with my new blind friend!
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: July 27, 2017, 11:28:57 am »

Turn 36

I'm no mechanic, and I'm certainly no puzzle solver, but is it possible for our demonic friend here to pass through as smoke, then reconstitute on the other side and I jam the mechanism from there? The alternative is we try to find another way around, since trying to force our way through is out of the question. Worst case, we will have to travel on the surface and find another way into the passages. - Reynald suggested. That is a great idea, inquisitor guy! - Pguhyuh shouted, and ordered his companion to use infravision, to determine if there is any enemy on the other side of sealed passage or something wrong with mechanism.

[1] Smoke approached the exit and gazing through rock walls in search of mechanism, he saw that it's broken parts were lying strewn around the passage. He also saw some shape closing in, and after a while he recognised it as a demon. A humanoid, taller and bulkier than Seymour, it's body covered with obsidian and basalt. The creature had two small horns on it's head, and it's mighty hands had enormous claws that illuminated the area with electric charges. Smoke hastily made a few steps back and shouted: A demon lord! - as he ran away, the demon broke through rock gate. It was a Maelstorm, demonic lord possessing power of lightnings!

[Dennis: 6, Darkfallen: 5 -2] That's enough of that! - Duke screamed and charged at darkfallen, but the dark spirit parried his attack with dark bolt.

[Vivian: 4, Darkfallen: 1 -2] AAAAAAAGGGHHHHHH!!!! - Vivian shouted, still shocked after dark spirit nearly strangled her. She dodged the wave of dark energy rolling closer to dark spirit, then stabbed it with her rapier.

[Lysander: 2, Darkfallen: 2 -2] This may not be killing you, but it is certainly satisfactory. Naablvat, kill the lady. - Despite losing his strenght, Lysander still held the darkfallen.

[Naablvat: 6, Darkfallen: 2 -2] Following demonologist's order, horned demon firecharged at dark spirit and literally ripped it into pieces and got thrown back by dark explosion!

[5] The emission of dark energy didn't hurt anyone. The darkfallen revealed it's weaker energetical body, it's host turning into dust.

[2] Aaron couldn't return to corporeality due to sudden shift in dark energy around himself.

[5] White Dragon's Heritage reminded of itself and caught the dark spirit in a snow storm, immobilizing it and wounding!

[Aaron: 3, Darkfallen: 4] Then wanderer proceeded with a slashing attack, but missed.

[1] It didn't take long for Alexander and Sightless Ghatzu following him to get in trouble. Two zombies left a nearby room and approached them!

Maelstorm: [512/512]

Darkfallen's Host: Dead
Zombie: 2x[40]

Darkfallen: Immobile, -20 HP [40/60]

Naablvat: Stunned
Aaron: 2 turns to corporeality

OOC

Some enemies are blends of main enemy types, like Darkfallen is zombie/dark spirit. I called it dark spirit due to it being the dominating type in this enemy. When another enemy blend appears, I'll post info about what enemy types it uses and which one is dominating to avoid confusion.

Skipping on Tiruin this time, sorry.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2017, 11:30:44 am by Dark One »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: July 27, 2017, 11:36:23 am »

Ok, so wait, the Darkfallen is now incorporeal, yes?
Attack it!
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: July 27, 2017, 11:43:32 am »

Faith Boost and kill the Darkfallen.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: July 27, 2017, 11:49:52 am »

the demon lord can probably instantly kill everyone in the team and has an extreme ammount of health.
so uh what if everyone runs way and I distract it or something cause it should be neutral to me.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: July 27, 2017, 11:51:47 am »

I have a terrifying idea that just might work, we need to work together to co-bind the demon lord.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: July 27, 2017, 11:59:01 am »

Ok, so wait, the Darkfallen is now incorporeal, yes?

It's host was destroyed, now it's an easy kill.

the demon lord can probably instantly kill everyone in the team and has an extreme ammount of health.
so uh what if everyone runs way and I distract it or something cause it should be neutral to me.

Don't forget that you've got Seymour, who is literally an ancient god of war.

I have a terrifying idea that just might work, we need to work together to co-bind the demon lord.

You are in entirely different place...

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: July 27, 2017, 12:00:53 pm »

You are in entirely different place...

If he stalls it for long enough.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: July 27, 2017, 12:03:22 pm »

No, he will prob resist, and we both have demons already. And you are not even here.

Im totally going to die next turn :(

Dark One, How much do I know about demon lords? I should know how to act and what to expect since I am bound to Smoke so I should know about the demon lords, who they are and how should I react when I meet one. Is this one hostile? Is it confused or lost? Will it try to talk or inmediatly attack everyone? I think since it is a lord and noble it wont try any tricks or kill me before I talk. Of course maybe im wrong. How much time would I win if I sacrifice so the inquisitor, Lyirah, Seymour and Snoke can flee from the keep? Is Seymour strong enough to fight it?

so many questions :(
« Last Edit: July 27, 2017, 12:16:25 pm by randomgenericusername »

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: July 27, 2017, 12:20:44 pm »

So  the plan is:
-I try Diplomacy (hey, I have hope that it may work)
-If it fails or he tries to murder, I try arcane trap then banish while everyone runs away.
-If banish and trap fails, I stay to fight and distract it while everyone leaves the keep
-? ? ?
-Profit / I die :(

Dustan, dont even try to help. The Lord is at least 5 times stronger than the duke at his max power.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2017, 12:22:24 pm by randomgenericusername »

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: July 27, 2017, 12:23:21 pm »

You have demonic ambassador so it won't attack you, but it will go against the rest. There is no nobility within demons. A demon lord is basically a high tier demon in endless demonic hierarchy. Anything higher than demon lord is a boss. Depending on conversation rolls, it might be able for them to escape. But then, it might give chase. Seymour should be on par with Maelstorm if not a bit weaker, lightning powers are a big advantage for the demon. But then Seymour is heavily buffed melee murder machine.

Also, make your plans in bold, so I won't miss them when writing turn.
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 166