Once Dark Rolls dies?
- 2 (28.6%)
Wouldn't sequelitis kill it?
- 0 (0%)
Obligatory joke option!
- 3 (42.9%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 166

Author Topic: Undead Hunt - Dark Age Upon Us - The End  (Read 167190 times)

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
Re: Undead Hunt - Dark Age Upon Us: Fall of the demon lord [8/10]
« Reply #1020 on: August 13, 2017, 06:18:36 pm »

Stupid pushy Glass.

Have Naablvat rest and have the gargoyle attack the dark spirit.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: August 13, 2017, 06:20:10 pm »

Whelp, we've got everyone now, Dark.

EDIT: Tir still needs that "living faith" skill updated into their sheet, Dark.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 07:23:18 pm by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: August 14, 2017, 05:47:28 am »

Turn 45

Dennis sees Serrana fire a blast over his head and wheels around to see the giant zombie looming over him. He looks up at the dead eyes with what seems like casual indifference.

[5] Glad I found you, now to deal with it. - Serrana said finding Dennis. Hm. Sneaky fellow, aren't you? Anyway, I'll be takin' that. - Duke said to undead, masterfully taunting the brute!

[Dennis: 1, Undead brute: 5 -1] Then he tried to pry the dark charm out of brute's hands, but the zombie grabbed him by neck and smashed into ground!

[Serrana: 6 -2, Undead brute: 2] Exorcist charged at the zombie, stabbing it at chest several times!

[4] Aaron went back all the way from closed portal and seeked out Serrana and Dennis, the former stabbing a huge, hulking zombie and the latter lying on the ground and breathing heavily.

[2] The snowstorm striked in, but it didn't affected the brute at all!

[1] Plantlife sprouted from ground and entangled the brute in vines, then released thorns to wound it. But those thorns couldn't pierce through it's skin, and brute freed itself from entanglement, gaining thorn-vine whips!

[Aaron: 5, Undead brute: 5] Wanderer drawn his greatsword and fueled it up with anger to release fire, and charged at the zombie, slashing with finesse of a true fire dancer! Waves of flames flied around the cramped passage lighting and warming it up; sparks were giving that place fiery, eerie glow. But the brute was able to dodge out all the slashes and waves!

[5] Im sorry Lyirah... - Pguhyuh apologised, then moved with Smoke to the front of group to scout for enemies. It seemed that the way was clear, smoke hunter used his infravision to scan the area.

[3] Demonologist stopped for a moment to rest. Fzbxr, what do you know about the throne of the underworld and demon kings? - he asked his demonic companion.

[2] I'm sorry, but I'm afraid that I don't really know too much about them. They're probably things from ancient times, and as such only demon lords may know something about this. - demon replied.

This isn't over, demonologist. If I see you again after lyirah's quest is at it's conclusion, I will not hesitate to strike against you. Gods are people too, just like Seymour or Arron, you or me. Blind belief is flawed, and even I know this. That is why I am an Inquisitor and not an exorcist. - Reynald barked out as rest of the group caught up to them.

[5] Inquisitor decided to rest as well, just in case of demonologist turning against him or something showing up on the way. By siding with the fallen one, you are siding against lyirah and all like her, intentionally or not. Undead are not known for being discriminatory about their victims, and I am almost certain they would kill her given the chance. I would even go as far as to suspect that the fallen one would personally wish to pierce her heart with their blackened glaive, if only to take her power for their own. Think about that before you decide that all gods should die for the disasters brought to Axewrath, even if some of them were responsible for causing it. - he continued the argument.

But the majority of gods were the ones who caused the disaster, those are the cruel and evil ones. There are some gods who are good too, but there are very few. - Pguhyuh started, then said: You know I have said this before, about not judging them for what they are, but for what they have done. If a man had done the same thing gods have done to us you would have killed him instantly. - then after a while of silence added: When we finish this mission, I will travel to find the angel. Maybe I will learn something about the nature of fallen angels and undead. I must find a way to bring peace between demons and humans.

And what is to say that a god did this? Why isn't it a human, perhaps an angel that caused this? We don't know who is truly responsible, but I know there used to be far more humans than gods. What is to say some scholar didn't delve too deep into dark arts, and bring about the destruction we see now in their desire for power? - Reynald asked angrily, once again blaming people for cataclysm, then said: I will not claim knowledge of demonic society, but there is always a general to any army. If you find them, you find your chance to bring peace. It may be a bloodied peace, but it will be peace.

Demons don't have leaders, war and murder is not the answer. You still try to accuse someone else, but you know that the gods were guilty of everything. And you don't know what are you talking about scholars, they are scientists, investigators and researchers, they dont delve at all in any kind of stuff you could call dark arts! Is your answer to everytihg to murder something? Your violence will lead to your doom. - Pguhyuh replied, bringng more clarifying some demon facts and trying to protect good name of researchers and scholars, then bringing up Reynald's reckless charges.

Would words have protected you from the undead back in the keep, especially the duke? No. Not by themselves. But then again, you were not there to witness what happened. You showed up mid-duel and watched. You did not see what I did to protect the others from assault, only the fight that occurred as part of it. Violence is a means to an end where reasoning would fail, and you should know that reasoning is not always an option. Or would you like to imply that the Maelstrom that was charging at us earlier was only coming to bring us tea and crumpets, or that horned... thing was only there because he wanted to live a life of solitude? - Reynald replied, then asked: Would you have us reasoning with feral wolves, next? Or perhaps setting free livestock from "slavery"?

Violence is a vital part of survival, and assuming it not to be an answer would be to assume that meat and law did not exist. Does a hunter ask a doe to lay down at his doorstep when it dies? No. Do Lawmen merely ask for stolen goods to be returned, or for a known criminal to turn themselves in willingly? No. - he continued after a while. Continue pressing that all gods are responsible, I want to have you meet them in your dying breath so they can tell you who's fault it was for your death. - he said with some kind of fierce aura around him.

Just shut up, I dont wan't to talk to you anymore. I can't keep trying to reason with you without you trying to cut my head again. When we meet the Maelstrorm, the first thing you did was to run and hit him in the head with your sword. If Seymour or Lyirah had not attacked it to protect you, you wold have died instantly on one hit. Your violence would have killed everyone in the team, your willingness to run into danger at the risk of others is what makes me angry. This argument is over. - Pguhyuh shouted ending the argument, sparks of arcane lighting up in his eyes.

[6] That's it! If you two are going to argue whenever we stop on our way, then I'm going alone! - Lyirah yelled, then hit rock wall with her fist, forming a rock gargoyle, then with punch torn an upwards passage. Gargoyle grabbed her and they flied away!

[1] Just as she escaped, a pillar of fire suddenly erupted from ground and undead sorcerer went out of it, it's empty eye sockets seemed to be scanning the area and everyone inside. A scholar, demon and inquisitor meet in an underground passage... Is this some kind of a joke?! Where's demigoddess?! - the skeleton in rusty hauberk, chain bascinet and torn red cloak asked, crossing it's arms. It had a shortsword, dagger and several pouches strapped to it's back and a staff strapped to it's back.

[2] Alexander felt something coming through him. He thought that it was a faith boost, but a loud fart assured him that it wasn't.

[Alexander: 1, Undead soldier: 6, Ghatzu: 2] Peasant attempted to sever head of the zombie, but his attack was parried. When the demonsword touched weapon of the undead, the zombie exploded! Several shrapnells hit Alexander while Ghatzu was pushed away by the force of explosion!

How? how does this keep happening - Vivian asked herself.

[Vivian: 4, Zombie1: 2, Zombie2: 3, Zombie3: 2] She jumped back from undead and thrown a bag of explosive dust at wall just close to undead. Explosion severely wounded two of them and flying chunks of debris finished them off!

[1] Horned demon sat down to rest, as ordered by his master, but it was kinda hard to do with dark spirit floating around.

[Stone gargoyle: 5, Energetical haunt: 4] Gargoyle striked at the haunt with it's tail, but it phased through without hurting the dark spirit!

[Energetical haunt: 2, Stone gargoyle: 2] The dark spirit tried to fly away, but gargoyle quickly caught up to it.

Undead brute: -10 HP, thorn-vine whip [150/160]
Undead Soldier: Dead
Zombie1: Dead
Zombie2: [30/40]
Zombie3: Dead

Undead Sorcerer: [180/180]

Energetical haunt: [60/60]

Dennis: -50 HP [10/60]
Reynald: Rested [80/80]
Pguhyuh: Rested [55/55]
Alexander: -15 HP, 1 undead killed, level up [5/20]
Vivian: 2 undead killed

OOC

I'll update sheets later, sudden errand coming...

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: August 14, 2017, 07:20:28 am »

Shadow Dragon form, force the vines to painfully remove themselves, more cold aura, kill the Brute.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
Re: Undead Hunt - Dark Age Upon Us: Catacombs and undead sorcery [8/10]
« Reply #1024 on: August 14, 2017, 08:02:12 am »

Updated character sheets.

Shadow Dragon form, force the vines to painfully remove themselves, more cold aura, kill the Brute.

Can't wait to see how shadow dragon form would work out. Also, only 1 kill needed to level up.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: August 14, 2017, 08:10:11 am »

"I don't have time for this, scum. Stay out of my way."
climb up after lyirah, and try to keep up with her!
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: August 14, 2017, 08:13:17 am »

"Oh dear," was all Serrana could say before she stopped stabbing, and momentarily did some Faith Healing onto the whole group (or if it is only Dennis who is hurt, specify him as the target)

Also Living Faith is on, if I get attacked.

Also if I can keep stabbing, please do so.

((Is my 5 holy, 5 physical applicable equaling 10 damage? Because my charm adds +5 Holy damage :P)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: August 14, 2017, 08:57:11 am »

Updated character sheets.

Can't wait to see how shadow dragon form would work out. Also, only 1 kill needed to level up.
I know. That's why I want to kill this so badly.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: August 14, 2017, 09:02:47 am »

Gargoyle, I name you Stumpy, now, Stumpy keep killing the dark spirit, Naablvat, help him..

Have Stumpy attack the dark spirit, have Naablvat help.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2017, 02:02:38 pm by Smoke Mirrors »
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: August 14, 2017, 09:45:53 am »

Scum? We just meet him and you have already insulted him.

Well, someone decided to bring up gods and religion in an argument and she left us here. No idea where is she now. Why are you looking for her? Also I want to say that this is the first time I have meet an undead that didn't try to kill me instantly and instead decided to talk. What is your name?

Try to pacify the undead, distraction too,
talk stuff. Smoke will protect me from any flame attacks.

(I can't wait for next lvl up, im really low level for trying the nonviolent path and I want some sort of ability that makes pacification and diplomacy easier.)
« Last Edit: August 14, 2017, 09:56:52 am by randomgenericusername »
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: August 14, 2017, 09:56:15 am »

Scum? We just meet him and you have already insulted him.

Well, someone decided to bring up gods and religion in an argument and she left us here. No idea where is she now. Why are you looking for her? Also I want to say that this is the first time I have meet an undead that didn't try to kill me instantly and instead decided to talk. What is your name?

Try to pacify the undead, distraction too,
talk stuff. Smoke will protect me from any flame attacks.

"you thought I was talking to the undead? You're dumber than you look. Enjoy your chat with a corpse. I've got better things to do, scum."
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: August 14, 2017, 10:03:19 am »

"you thought I was talking to the undead? You're dumber than you look. Enjoy your chat with a corpse. I've got better things to do, scum."
Shpx lbh
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: August 14, 2017, 10:19:02 am »

Well, this is just becoming foolish name calling.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: August 14, 2017, 10:19:52 am »

"Well, there goes some bones. Nice to see you, Aaron. Now. OBEY ME NOW, MEATBAG!"

Faith Boost and Duke's Charm the zombie.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: August 14, 2017, 10:21:45 am »

Well, this is just becoming foolish name calling.
To be fair, both characters made their cases, and neither of them agree with each other. Both are quite tired of reasoning, and both have things they would rather do than interact with eachother.
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 166