Once Dark Rolls dies?
- 2 (28.6%)
Wouldn't sequelitis kill it?
- 0 (0%)
Obligatory joke option!
- 3 (42.9%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 166

Author Topic: Undead Hunt - Dark Age Upon Us - The End  (Read 167733 times)

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
Re: Undead Hunt - Dark Age Upon Us: Catacombs and undead sorcery [8/10]
« Reply #1125 on: August 23, 2017, 06:38:31 am »

Hello, a demonologist and his demon just passed through here, can you direct me to the way he went?

Request the gargoyles direct me to where Pguhyuh went.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2017, 01:25:23 pm by Smoke Mirrors »
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: August 23, 2017, 12:10:57 pm »

Turns out I won't be taking those few days off. Still waiting for Wolfchild. I'll update tomorrow, as in - several minutes after midnight.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: August 23, 2017, 12:15:35 pm »

Sorry your vacation keeps getting interrupted.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: August 23, 2017, 12:19:05 pm »

Hello, a demonologist and his pet demon just passed through here, can you direct me to the way he went?

Request the gargoyles direct me to where Pguhyuh went.
Pguhyuh would have punched you in the face for calling Smoke a "pet"  :P
Why are you trying to find me?
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: August 23, 2017, 01:25:07 pm »

I want to find the fallen angel, but by finding you, I find it, and, as Lysander believes, the inquisitor.

EDIT: Ok then, I edited it so Smoke us not called a pet.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: August 23, 2017, 06:23:24 pm »

Turn 50

[3] Reynald zealously rallied himself before the combat, then tried  to psyche himself up for eventual combat.

[1] Seeing so huge undead horde made him panic! Inquisitor was paralysed by fear and couldn't make a single move!

[5] However, it seemed that undead almost entirely ignored him! Occasionaly, a passing cadaver would give him a glance or a blank stare. None of them even bothered to stop and attack though!

I am not from here and this is my first time here, so I can't help you. Sorry. - demonologist said to undead inquisitor.

[3] Ah, I see. Thanks for your time traveller. - undead replied , slight disappointment visible on his partially decayed face. Then it went away, towards an ornate metal gate that presumably led to gardens.

[6] Pguhyuh and Smoke entered the cathedral. Whole the place surely was a sight to behold - richly ornamented, with numerous paintings, frescos and stained glass-work - all of them depicting different gods, and some of them even demons or dragons! Heading from the entrance, if one turned back it was possible to see mighty cathedral organs in an alcove up above the entrance. The place was illuminated with numerous candles and chandeliers. The two headed forward and saw an enormous figure, undead sorcerer and several people similar to Lyirah's kin. The figure was about the height of several tall men, in white robes and it's face was concealed behind a silver mask. It had an incredibly long and massive glaive made of strange black alloy, strapped to it's back.

[1] Suddenly several small gargoyles flied down from ledges, the biggest of them said: And who do we have here. Lost on our way to praying grounds, are we? - shuffling it's stiff, rock wings.

[6] The figure noticed Pguhyuh and Smoke. It whistled loudly so the gargoyles would face it. Skeleton said something, and then figure ordered the constructs to fly away. Come closer. I was already informed that you may pay me a visit. - the figure said, something strange in it's voice. Through might and pride, one could make out a glimpse of regret and sorrow.

Wrong choice, mate. - Duke somehow mumbled out, rotten hand that tried to hush him making it harder.

[Dennis: 6, Lurker: 4] He broke out of lurker's grab and pushed it back, then drawn his pitchfork and wildly charged, stabbing through it's chest! He attacked with so much momentum that he pushed the undead forward, his weapon getting stuck in a wall, pinning undead to it!

Where did Dennis go? - Serrana asked, realising herself that one of them is missing.

[3 +1] Before starting to search for duke, she focused on the charm that undead brute possessed. It was a strange and creepy small figurine - it had bat-like wings and several tentacles coming from sides of human torso, goat-like legs and a head of a pig. There was something unique about it, something that simple prayers won't be able to change; they were enough to shut it off, preventing it from tainting anyone until next activated.

[2 +1] Then exorcist focused on gathering holy energy and forwarding it into holy bolts. After gathering enough energy to brighten up her holy aura, she moved on and saw how Dennis attack an undead and pins it to a wall.

[Serrana: 2 +1, Lurker: 2] Exorcist shot a bright bolt of holy energy at the undead. Upon impact it turned into even brighter sparks, but it seems that the undead wasn't affected by it at all.

[5 +3] After Serrana went to help Dennis, Aaron searched the corpse of undead brute. He found something unusual and otherworldly. A small shard of green glass, burning with a dark flame. It seems to burn eternally, and it's fire is not having any effect on this world. Shard of Underworld, it contained the very essence of that realm. What uses it may have? This was unknown to the shadow dragon.

[4 +2] Then Aaron felt a surge of energy - his scales started turning transparent and his body turned into pure spiritual energy. He was sure that it was a part of becoming a Dragon Ruler - master of dragon forms.

[Aaron: 3 +2, Lurker: 4] Then spectral dragon flied after exorcist and moved on to aid duke, stabbing the lurker through head with his spiritual great sword. For several seconds, the undead turned into particles gleaming with pale blue light, then just vanished!

Vivian waited for them in the same spot where they were fighting undead brute.

[Alexander: 6, Undead Knight: 3, Undead Knight: 3, Undead Knight: 1, Undead Knight: 2, Undead Knight: 5] Peasant felt incredibly lucky and attacked group of undead knights with a wild charge, slashing two of them down right where they stood - bisecting one and decapitating another. He severely wounded two other knights as well, but fifth one managed to block his attack and riposted, bashing Alexander at his head and knocking him unconscious!

[Ghatzu: 6, Undead Knight: 3, Undead Knight: 1, Undead Knight: 6] Sightless man started drawing wicked humanity out of undead. Orbs of dark energy floated out of mouths of two knights. Ghatzu smashed them in his fist, destroying what brought the undead to life and their corpses fell lifeless on the floor. Third knight resisted it however, proving that sometimes taint can be stronger than dark.

[Undead Knight: 2, Ghatzu: 1] The undead charged at blind man and they both fell on the ground, tussling wildly and fighting for domination.

Hello, a demonologist and his demon just passed through here, can you direct me to the way he went? - Lysander asked the gargoyle.

[2] A subtle flash of blue light appeared in it's eyes, and then the construct replied: They went in through gate. Not sure where did they go next. - it said confused, struggling to remind itself about that encounter.

Lurker: Cleansed

Undead Knight: Dead
Undead Knight: Dead
Undead Knight: Cleansed
Undead Knight: Cleansed
Undead Knight (great maul): [80/80]

Dennis: 1 undead cleansed
Aaron: Shadow dragon form ended, learnt Spectral dragon form, 4 turns to turn back into human, 1 undead cleansed
Reynald: Zealous rally, fear
Alexander: 2 undead killed, +4 evil, +2 taint, level up
Serrana: 1 undead cleansed

OOC

This took longer than expected... I'll update character sheets and enemy types tomorrow, as well as explain what happened with lurker when treated with pure spiritual energy.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: August 23, 2017, 06:34:11 pm »

well, since they seem to be ignoring me, let's sprint through their midst. To the settlement in question!
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: August 23, 2017, 07:02:57 pm »

..."cleansed"?

EDIT: Hey, aren't SM's crossbow, black embers, demonhide armor, and horkers horn (and maybe even the ashen dark embers) all of demonic origin? His "demonic familiarity" should be +40 or +50 now, not +30.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2017, 07:22:27 pm by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: August 23, 2017, 08:35:00 pm »

Go closer, do a bow with Smoke and listen what does he has to say.

Archangel Cilber, Lord of the Unavented Cathedral. It's an honor to finally meet you.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: August 23, 2017, 10:10:48 pm »

"Thanks for the save, erry'body. Time to rest!"

Rest

Can the shrine outside remove taint?
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: August 24, 2017, 03:55:08 am »

Analyze the Lurker's remains (to probably add it to the OP? :P), and if I can--do faith healing onto everyone. (I believe I can, as there's no update on my Holy bolt, so the current OP is the previous turn)
Also keep watch and be prepared.

((My inventory has that strange charm I probably stopped from activating, hopefully I won't have it snatched because WOW that was some powerful charm))

"We're not resting here for long. This place is crawling with...those things. We have to move. I'll keep watch."

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: August 24, 2017, 04:06:53 am »

..."cleansed"?

EDIT: Hey, aren't SM's crossbow, black embers, demonhide armor, and horkers horn (and maybe even the ashen dark embers) all of demonic origin? His "demonic familiarity" should be +40 or +50 now, not +30.

A charge of raw spiritual energy that is big enough can cleanse taint from undead and put it to eternal rest.

Armor, horn and crossbow (cleaver) are already counted. Black embers aren't demonic, they're just imbued with dark. Ashen dark embers are demonic, I should add it to bonus.

I'll add the charm to Serrana's equipment later, when I'll have more time.

Shrine in the village can remove taint.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: August 24, 2017, 05:54:53 am »

Hmn... investigate the glass shard, then continue clearing this location of enemies. I want this keep ready for renovations so that it can become our base of operations.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: August 24, 2017, 12:11:36 pm »

Spoiler: New skill (click to show/hide)
STAB THAT KNIGHT!!!
« Last Edit: August 24, 2017, 12:40:34 pm by crazyabe »
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: August 24, 2017, 12:30:50 pm »

I'm pretty sure that, by definition, you're not allowed to take perks against enemies that you're at a disadvantage against.
At level 4, maybe you could reclass to Wanderer or Alchemist.
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 166