Once Dark Rolls dies?
- 2 (28.6%)
Wouldn't sequelitis kill it?
- 0 (0%)
Obligatory joke option!
- 3 (42.9%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 166

Author Topic: Undead Hunt - Dark Age Upon Us - The End  (Read 167199 times)

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
Re: Undead Hunt - Dark Age Upon Us: The Unavented [8/10]
« Reply #1260 on: September 02, 2017, 11:10:56 pm »

Yeah, if you killed Lysander, you wouldn't have killed the king of demons, you would have killedsome guy forced to wander the earth without his powers until his death or until he somehow gets them back.
Well, best hope people don't blabber if you do.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: September 02, 2017, 11:46:39 pm »

Horrific thing I thought of: I have a skill which can auto [1] EVERYONE ELSE in an encounter, a Weapon which does 100 Damage, or 200 Against gods, And a general +1 against killing Things, I have just realized how built up I am for PVP if it comes to that.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: September 03, 2017, 07:14:46 am »

(I didn't mean to insult its just so confusing and unexpected. Also compared to everyone else who are just kind of normal people except for the dragon wanderer, he is like uh idk doesn't match. didn't biography said he hated demons?)
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: September 03, 2017, 07:32:49 am »

Also compared to everyone else who are just kind of normal people except for the dragon wanderer, he is like uh idk doesn't match. didn't biography said he hated demons?
No, just said I wanted to protect the people who are still alive. Also, the dragon stuff all just kinda happened XD
There were no plans to do all this dragon stuff when I started, just FYI.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1264 on: September 03, 2017, 08:31:18 am »

No, I mean, Lysander bio says he likes to kill demons.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: September 03, 2017, 08:41:41 am »

Actually, the backstory says almost the opposite, it says Lysander wants to bind the demons and use their power to drive them back to hell, not kill them. Also, I wrote two backstories, one I posted with my character sheet, the other one is the real one.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: September 03, 2017, 12:37:50 pm »

Turn 54

[3] Reynald ran to the left, following the walls until he found a hole through which he could enter the city.

[4] He promptly entered dark streets, far from the cathedral towering above it. The city was empty and silent, as if it completely died out. Inquisitor passed several burnt houses and stopped at a crossroad. One lane leading to market and merchant's district, a path to cathedral and one leading deeper into the town, probably towards exit.

[6] Before Aaron even moved, plantlife sprouted from the grown up so big that it blocked the route towards brute!

[2] Snowstorms striked the undead, but it was completely unaffected by them.

[Aaron: 5 +2, Cryptlord: 6] When the undead came closer, Aaron felt that there was something more to this corpse. Spectral dragon hastily charged at brute with a wild upwards slash, striking it at head. The sword bounced off brute's helmet almost hitting dragon back, but the strike stunned the undead for a moment!

Urthal est geinrath! - the undead shouted, disoriented after the blow.

[Vivian: 6, Cryptlord: 2] Alchemist tried to attack during an opening, throwing a bag of dark explosive dust towards the undead brute, but the bag hit plantlife blocking the passage and burnt it down!

About that voice... - Serrana said, imagining with curiosity how an 'evil' her would sound - I won't suggest hurting or killing anyone, especially myself. Unless I'm a real threat, so that answers your query on if I'm 'undeadified'. But if I were to be honest? The ones who I think showed the most restraint, I guess? That's a macabre tangent though.

[4] Exorcist and Duke entered the village, getting past several ruined and burnt down houses. The avoided getting closer to a hill where a fortified buiding was, as they saw two zombies roaming that area. After a while, they got to the shrine at the village center.

[3] They touched the altar and Serrana performed a cleansing ritual, completely getting rid of taint that built up on them.

[5] Then exorcist placed Idol of Faithless on the altar and performed the same ritual on it. The charm started shining with white light, releasing a wave of spiritual energy. The idol broke into pieces, turned into dust, and a spirit floated out of the remains! For many ages I was stuck in this pitiful little charm. Closed by arrogant gods! Called faithless, and entrapped in this eternal prison! - Erlath's spirit moaned. But now that I'm free, I can finally take my revenge on them! But first things first... - the spirit said, then floated closser to Serrana - Thank you for releasing me from my prison. As a proof of my gratitude, I solemnly swear myself to serve you. I see you have a curious affinity with spirits, I'm sure you'll find me as a great companion! - the spirit said.

Vagrerfgvat? Anu, ur whfg yvxrf gb nggenpg nggragvba. - Pguhyuh muttered silently, but acoustics of the cathedral made everyone hear it. He then said: Yes, you are interrupting something. Want to help me with something? I am going to try to make a portal back to the keep and I will need your help in the Void.

[3] Pguhyuh focused on the shard and opened the portal to Abyss. Through energetical membrane, he could see barren lands on the other side, fading to darkness with distance.

I'll come with you, but only if you quit insulting me. - Lysander replied.

[6] First Pguhyuh and Smoke entered the portal, then Lysander, Naablvat and Stumpy. They found themselves in the Abyss, just close to a swarm of dark spirits!

[3] They haven't spotted them yet, so if the team would move quick enough, they may avoid confrontation.

[1] Alexander and Ghatzu left the keep and approached the village from side, heading towards a fortified building on it's outskirts, but they were ambushed by two zombies! One of them was all bloody and held a ripped out head in it's hands, the second one was headless and held a scythe in it's hands.

Cryptlord: Stunned [240/240]

Zombie Craig: [40/40]
Zombie Bob: [40/40]

Dennis: Taint Cleansed
Aaron: Spectral dragon form ended
Serrana: Taint Cleansed, lost Idol of Faithless, new follower - Erlath's spirit, 2x level up

OOC

Serrana receives two level-ups for freeing Erlath. The village has been cleansed by spiritual nova. Only several undead remain on outskirts - elliminating them and building a wall around it would be enough to reclaim this place.

I'll make a companions section in player management post, so everyone could see stats, skills and equipment of their followers. I may also tweak smoke-demons in enemy types, and add Undead Brute, as I forgot about it....
« Last Edit: September 03, 2017, 02:31:32 pm by Dark One »

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: September 03, 2017, 12:58:42 pm »

STABBY STABBY!!
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1268 on: September 03, 2017, 01:02:59 pm »

"Happy to meet you, ghost! Now, how about we get back to reclaiming the keep?"
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: September 03, 2017, 01:17:39 pm »

Shouldn't the snowstorms have gotten a +2, for a 4?
Anyway, assume normal Dragon Form, use Fire Dancing, and burn through the cryptlord with my Dragonruler Greatsword and my Fire Breath.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: September 03, 2017, 02:24:40 pm »

I can return and search for salvage in the market later. The mission comes first. To the exit!
(2 paths to the cathedral? Or one to a church?)
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: September 03, 2017, 02:33:45 pm »

Snowstorms never had dragon form bonus. The bonus is for actions that you do, not for passive ones.

(2 paths to the cathedral? Or one to a church?)

Only one to cathedral. I changed that sentence mid-writing and forgot to remove the left-over.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: September 03, 2017, 02:39:38 pm »

Snowstorms never had dragon form bonus. The bonus is for actions that you do, not for passive ones.
Ok, got it.
White Dragon's Heritage has failed miserably at being a "deals constant damage" effect...

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: September 03, 2017, 02:47:37 pm »

Mainly due to protective rolls or enemies having resistances. You could enhance the skill to bypass protective rolls, but it'd still be blocked by immunities and absorbed by resistances. So far, stronger attacks dealing higher damage were much more effective than constant damage skills.

I'm setting a skill enhancing rule. On level-up, you can get one new skill and slightly enhance previous one. This is to prevent someone from upgrading all their skills at once, or changing the skill during bossfight.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: September 03, 2017, 02:59:11 pm »

On level-up, you can get one new skill and slightly enhance previous one.
And?
:D
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 166