Once Dark Rolls dies?
- 2 (28.6%)
Wouldn't sequelitis kill it?
- 0 (0%)
Obligatory joke option!
- 3 (42.9%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 166

Author Topic: Undead Hunt - Dark Age Upon Us - The End  (Read 167773 times)

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
Re: Undead Hunt - Dark Age Upon Us - For whom the bell tolls [10/10]
« Reply #1590 on: October 07, 2017, 02:37:24 am »

I did notice that action said ethereal dragon, but then in another comment you said that you're going to switch to shadow dragon so I went with it.

You don't get penalty for extinguishing yourself, only attacks, escape and bonuses get inverts and additional -1. If someone focuses on defensive, then you get only -1 penalty (which doesn't apply to all actions as well). Like, faith shield, faith healing, blocking attacks, defensive stances don't get penalties. As far as damage goes, he won't do more than 80 at maximum. This boss is not about destructive power - Cryptlord could deal much more damage in one hit without buffs.

Notice that Kupameth only attacked when someone tried to attack him, but ignored anyone taking passive actions (Lysander resting, Serrana's shield). You can use it to your advantage and do it strategically. Persuasion isn't penalized as well, so speaking with him gives you only your bonuses. Sure inverting all bonuses might not be fair, but it's very limited to only a few types of actions and pushes you to think how to deal in a battle that isn't about damaging and out-rolling your enemy, but taking more creative approach and think.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #1591 on: October 07, 2017, 07:24:14 am »

I did notice that action said ethereal dragon, but then in another comment you said that you're going to switch to shadow dragon so I went with it.
There was discussion regarding that, and I think I'd actually made the final descision in Discord talking with Tir; if you check the time I edited the action to Ethereal, you'll see that it's after the post where I mentioned using Shadow instead.

Persuasion isn't penalized as well
Screw it, new action. Use diplomacy to convince this guy to work for us.
Or would that run into the negative from bonuses, which I can only expect everything I do would, because I have +4 or more bonus to everything.

Essentially, the question is this right now: will I get my diplomacy bonus inverted?
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
« Reply #1592 on: October 07, 2017, 07:38:48 am »

I don't use Discord at all, so I could've missed that.

It shouldn't invert your bonus, you'll still get a -1 penalty and it might take more effort to make god-like boss simply follow you.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1593 on: October 07, 2017, 07:56:27 am »

Ok, great, so I'll have a +4+1-1 for a +4 bonus to convincing it to join us. Great, thank you very much.

EDIT:
I don't use Discord at all, so I could've missed that.
Don't worry, it's fine. I just wanted to clarify where this was coming from; I already knew that you weren't on the Discord channel that Tir and I discussed it in.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2017, 09:22:11 am by Glass »

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1594 on: October 07, 2017, 09:12:25 am »

Hey Dark, can you set up a poll for who we think is the group leader?
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1595 on: October 07, 2017, 09:37:18 am »

Hey Dark, can you set up a poll for who we think is the group leader and why it's Dennis?

FTFY.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1596 on: October 07, 2017, 09:42:41 am »

We don't really have leaders since everyone is doing their own thing and we don't have that much reason to help each other or to actually group together other than for personal objetives.

Alsp I didn't attack Kupamet and he still stabbed me in the guts just like Smoke who didn't attack either. I would diplomacy but have to heal.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1597 on: October 07, 2017, 09:44:43 am »

Hey Dark, can you set up a poll for who we think is the group leader?

FTFY.
I see your dukeness and raise you a dragonruler.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1598 on: October 07, 2017, 09:59:34 am »

I would think Dennis is the leader but he hasn't acted like one so I have my dobuts.
Aaron has been doing lots of solo stuff like Reynald and me so I don't think any of us could be a leader.
Lysander is somewhat the same but he doesn't count because he wasn't when we formed the group and is kind of new. He isn't the leader "now" but might be later.

I don't think we have a leader at all. But right now I am trying to reunite everyone who was left out of the " "main" " group (Which was disbanded at the keep and reformed some turns ago at the village) so we don't have evergone going alone like we were doing, with at most just 2 people on a same team.
Portals are useful when trying to get everyone on a same area.

I would either vote Dennis for being in the group with most people for the longer time or maybe me for trying to regroup the team but of course everyone would vote for themselves.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2017, 10:02:33 am by randomgenericusername »
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1599 on: October 07, 2017, 10:04:05 am »

I feel like Reynald was leader up until the point that he and Pghuyah went off with the demigoddess, taking him away from the group. After that, Aaron was the leader for a brief period of time until everyone got completely split up trying to follow him to the crypt. Then we were all just kinda alone for a while, and now we're (mostly) reunited and we need to figure out the team dynamic again, but we can't right now because we're fighting a boss and may be in for a series of boss battles one after the other.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1600 on: October 07, 2017, 10:05:42 am »

Yeah, Aaron and Reynald running to do their solo quests made the group go on pure chaos until I brought everyone back to village. BTW Reynald is on the mountains and is also part of the reason I wanted to go there with the rest of the group.

I mean, no one even knew who Alexander was and no one saw him until he died and he was on the same keep as us. I wanted to recruit him on the group and meet the old man who also was from the Unavented Cathedral.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2017, 10:07:34 am by randomgenericusername »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1601 on: October 07, 2017, 10:06:58 am »

Reynald hates your character. Are you sure you'd want to go meet back up with him?

...did Alexander really never join the party?
« Last Edit: October 07, 2017, 10:09:12 am by Glass »

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1602 on: October 07, 2017, 10:11:29 am »

I dobut he would attack me with the rest of the team with me, also we have more important stuff than a stupid discussion since we have people hunting and trying to kill us. I also going to try to convince Lyirah to come with us back to the keep, have Seymour join us then return to the Cathedral.

I don't think Reynald will accept to join us tho but I hope everyone else stays to hear the words of the archangel and understand the situation we are in. Also Cilber knows about the dragons so at least Aaron will be staying for curiosity (I think).

The Cathedral is pretty much a hub for the good angels and good gods that were exiled to earth by the evil gods and had their powers stolen like Lyirah (I think, don't remember).
« Last Edit: October 07, 2017, 10:18:03 am by randomgenericusername »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1603 on: October 07, 2017, 10:21:17 am »

Random, while you are correct that Aaron will stay for curiosity's sake, know this: I will be making sure to use actions to check if Cliber is giving us the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. As it stands, I don't trust him, in character or out.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1604 on: October 07, 2017, 10:24:20 am »

Thanks. I know that maybe the spirit will be staying too because of all the vengeful stuff against gods so I hope Serrana and Dennis come with me too. Lysander will probably also go because of his super secret backstory and maybe the alchemis because of the need to follow everyone else in the group. Did I forget anyone?

Yeah, Alexander never joined the group at all.
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 166