Once Dark Rolls dies?
- 2 (28.6%)
Wouldn't sequelitis kill it?
- 0 (0%)
Obligatory joke option!
- 3 (42.9%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 166

Author Topic: Undead Hunt - Dark Age Upon Us - The End  (Read 167198 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Undead Hunt - Dark Age Upon Us - Between lightning and dread [9/10]
« Reply #1680 on: October 16, 2017, 03:07:25 am »

Grab some water from a well and put out the fires.
Err >_> I'm lost in where I am in there because no mention of me or where I am exists in turn updates.

Support this guy.
And Prayer.
And rest. (if this wasn't done retroactively since that is what I would've done last turn)

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1681 on: October 16, 2017, 06:15:33 am »

Err >_> I'm lost in where I am in there because no mention of me or where I am exists in turn updates.

Support this guy.
And Prayer.
And rest. (if this wasn't done retroactively since that is what I would've done last turn)

We were about to be killed by 2 bosses, then for some reason they were going to kill one each other. But at the end we talked the bosses into defeat and while they were leaving they set the village on fire.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #1682 on: October 16, 2017, 07:08:09 am »

Support this guy.
And Prayer.

We were about to be killed by 2 bosses, then for some reason they were going to kill one each other. But at the end we talked the bosses into defeat and while they were leaving they set the village on fire.
Not even into defeat. They just got bored of us and left.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1683 on: October 18, 2017, 03:53:44 pm »

...Poke, 8 out of ten people posted it looks like. Poke.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
« Reply #1684 on: October 18, 2017, 04:04:09 pm »

I can't quite explain this phenomena. Ever since I started college, my productivity and creativity rate dropped badly, even despite it's nothing stressful, hard, scary or anything like that. I even have slightly more time than before, what with downstime between classes/lectures. Guess that I need to be constantly working my ass off to keep up my motivation.

I'll update tomorrow. In case of: famine, drought, hurricane, earthquake, not enough toilet paper and other disasters, the update will be postponed.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
Re: Undead Hunt - Dark Age Upon Us - Fiery Aftermath [9/10]
« Reply #1685 on: October 19, 2017, 03:40:19 pm »

Turn 70

[Stan: 5 +1, Imp: 4] Demonologist hastily opened his dark tome and focused. It's empty pages started glowing, then letters appeared on them. Stan Alexander Tanures chanted out a spell loudly, and a bolt of arcane energy shot at the newly teleported demon, leaving behind a trail of sparks. Imp was ready for battle as soon as it arrived, but the bolt was quick enough to strike it right at chest! The demon took full force of this attack and was knocked back!

[5] Dennis quicky ran towards a well that surprisingly was still intact, grabbed a bucket, tied it to a rope and thrown it down the shaft. With a loud splash, it hit the surface of still, cold water. Then duke lifted it up and tried to extinguish burning buildings. He did so extremely fast, and after a short while he managed to reclaim several alleys from the heat.

...well, ok, that just happened. - shadow dragon said aloud, staring confused at trail of sparks up in the sky and burning buildings.

[3 +2] Aaron ran into a nearby burning shed and put himself on fire, just before Dennis extinguished it. The pleasurable feeling of warmth and power had grown within him, granting him a true fire frenzy!

[2 +4] He took off and flied up, circling around the village. Fighting fire with fire, he spat out firebolts at burning alleyways and constructions, strenghtening the blazing inferno for a moment. Only for a short moment the dragon could stare in awe at the majestic power of fire. Flying within smoke, smell of ash delightfully filling his draconic nostrils. Then fires in the part of village he blasted have faded; firebolts and rapid outbursts of fire removed most of what there was to burn down, starving the flames to death.

[6 +4] Shadow dragon landed as soon as he felt cold air on his scales. Straying too far from source of warmth felt unpleasant, as fires burning upon him slowly weakened as well during his flight. Spitting several sparks of fire on a patch of dried grass that miraculously survived, then throwing in a few partially burnt logs, Aaron heated up a bed of cinders to rest comfortably.

[6] ...Okay then. At least we are safe now. - Pguhyuh exclaimed after reuniting with Smoke. He sat down and tried to meditate on why the dread knight attacked and what has just happened in the village. After a while of intense thinking, his head started pounding heavily. There  were many things that he still couldn't understand, and to realize some of them he surely had to travel for much longer and solve even more riddles.

[2] Demonologist and smoke hunter tried to extinguish the fire, or at least stop spreading of flames. Their attempts were futile, but luckily they haven't wounded themselves.

[3 +1] Serrana pushed herself up from ground and sat on the ground with her back against a tree. She rested like that for quite a while, as the encounter with dread knight was quite taxing experience.

[4 +1] During recovery exorcist set a short prayer to feel a closer connection with spirits. She could feel presence of not only Erlath's wraith, but also many other apparitions watching her.

[6 +1] Then she got up with some effort and jogged towards the well to aid duke in extinguishing the fire. When Dennis stopped for a while to catch his breath, Serrana grabbed the bucket and tripped over a small stone, nearly falling into the well! Yet in the last moment she managed to catch well's edge and not fall down the dark, cold shaft.

[2] Lysander and his companions were just sitting on the ground, watching the eerie glow and chilling in fiery atmosphere.

I will not falter now! Come and meet your end, dragon! - Inquisitor screamed with all the strenght he had in his lungs, raising his holy longsword. It was still glowing gently after such a long time, yet the light was weaker.

[Reynald: 5, Undead Dragon: 6] Cutting open his palm, Reynald sacrificed part of his vitality to strenghten his attack. As the rotting dragon plummeted downwards onto him, inquisitor raised his sword and several rays of light shone out of it. Then, a powerful beam of holy and spiritual energy shot at the undead beast, melting a spacious hole in it's chest! Inquisitor and demigoddess easily fit inside that burnt out opening when it hit the ground and got inside the undead dragon!

[6] Renald entered the village. The smoke getting into his eyes was irking him badly, and he somewhat blindly stumbled around until he got into one of still blazing alleys. Suddenly he heard a long, loud hiss. A smoke imp jumped out from one of buildings!

[Undead soldier: 5, Roboson: 3] The living dead retaliated raising it's sabre, deftly parrying enchanter's another punches and then slashing him back!

Undead Dragon: Dead

Imp: -20 HP [10/30]

Smoke Imp: [60/60]

Dennis: [60/60]
Aaron: Fire frenzy, well rested [80/80
Reynald: +3 evil, level up! [59/90]
Pguhyuh: [75/75]
Lysander: [45/45]
Serrana: Well rested [60/60]
Renald: [20/20]
Roboson: -15 HP [10/25]
Stan Alexander Tanerus: [20/20]

Smoke: [120/120]
Naablvat: [140/140]

Stumpy: [80/120]
Erlath's spirit: [180/180]
WindRock Lyirah: [256/256]

OOC

I'll update character sheets tomorrow.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1686 on: October 19, 2017, 03:43:10 pm »

Hold the brimstone chunk up and ask for help finding things of value, if that doesn't work Fall back and shoot it with the short bow.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2017, 04:59:02 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1687 on: October 19, 2017, 03:51:38 pm »

Now, let's scour the area for Charms, as many as possible. At least one should be dragon-related.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1688 on: October 19, 2017, 04:12:02 pm »

Keep fighting I guess

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1689 on: October 19, 2017, 05:20:26 pm »

Keep fighting I guess
You're able to attempt retreat, mate. Considering that it took out more than half of your full health this past turn, I suspect that attempting to do so may be the better option, give you a chance to heal up.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1690 on: October 19, 2017, 05:36:53 pm »

scavenge the dragon's body for anything interesting,  even if it doesn't look like I will be able to use it personally.  I am sure Aaron would be interested in whatever I find.
"So Liyrah, how shall we proceed from here? Do we rest and recover, or should we press on and rest when we find your father's spear?"
Go with whatever plan of action she feels best.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1691 on: October 19, 2017, 06:05:18 pm »

I need to go to the mountains.
The demigoddess Lyirah was traveling there to regain her powers and I promised to help. If I don't hurry up I won't be able to support her. Also an archangel told me that if I took her to the cathedral she could increase her powers to help them defeat the evil gods who cursed us and caused the undead and demons to invade, and I agreed to help him find her and bring her to the safety of the Cathedral. He is a very wise archangel and havig a safe place where to rest and learn could be useful to us. Will you guys come with me? I can't do this alone and I don't want to abandon the group. Cilber might even reward us if we do it, with either answers or weapons, so please consider joining me.

With this portal I haven opened, we should have easy access to the mountains. Then I can use it to return to the Unavented Cathedral or this village with this shard the Archangel Cilber gave me.

(So Reynald has the biggest amount of evil now. I think that is hilarious.)

With my expert diplomacy talking skills, convince everyone to come with me to the portal to the mountains and tell them the story Cilber told me about the origin and the gods.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2017, 06:18:02 pm by randomgenericusername »
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1692 on: October 19, 2017, 06:22:26 pm »

Erm, Dark One, just to clear something up: when I'm in dragon form, do I look like a full-on dragon, or am I something like an 8 foot tall still-humanoid dragon guys with the whole dragon head and wings and tail and stuff (as opposed to the 6 foot tall lizardman-type guy I normally am)? I tend to envision it the latter way, but this past turn has made me a bit confused as to what your vision was.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1693 on: October 19, 2017, 06:45:05 pm »

You have to keep in mind he is acutely aware that there is some dark force that wants to see him become their puppet,  and it is making him doubt himself and his spiritual guidance.

I have it all worked in to his level up and sub-class paths, so depending on how he views himself and his actions when he hits level 10 you will see him take a drastic change, Especially if he feels he did more to feed the evil than help the good.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1694 on: October 19, 2017, 06:48:51 pm »

You have to keep in mind he is acutely aware that there is some dark force that wants to see him become their puppet,  and it is making him doubt himself and his spiritual guidance.

I have it all worked in to his level up and sub-class paths, so depending on how he views himself and his actions when he hits level 10 you will see him take a drastic change, Especially if he feels he did more to feed the evil than help the good.
I still think that the church paladin being the evil party member hilarious instead of the demon binders, but I guess that makes sense.
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 166