Once Dark Rolls dies?
- 2 (28.6%)
Wouldn't sequelitis kill it?
- 0 (0%)
Obligatory joke option!
- 3 (42.9%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 166

Author Topic: Undead Hunt - Dark Age Upon Us - The End  (Read 167832 times)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: Undead Hunt - Dark Age Upon Us - Fiery Aftermath [9/10]
« Reply #1740 on: October 27, 2017, 05:58:37 am »

It's ok, but you know that there'd be exceptions to this (slapped with a BOSS stamp), and some enemies might even allow you to devour their souls, and then chew on it from within (Enemies you haven't encountered yet due to not high enough level - Soul Eaters, Dread Wraiths, Soul Maggots - and those you have encountered - Abyssal Knights, Darkriders, Dread Knights; they all share the soul shenanigans trait).
Well, yes, I recognize that no boss dissolution.
I'd been kinda thinking more "their soul has been torn into its constituent pieces" rather than literal "eaten", though...
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1741 on: October 27, 2017, 11:32:48 am »

What is the difference between protection and resistance?
5 physical protection +5 physical protection + medium physical resistance gives 75% when 3 dark protection + weak dark resistance gives 50%?
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
Re: Undead Hunt - Dark Age Upon Us - Fiery Aftermath [10/10]
« Reply #1742 on: October 27, 2017, 12:54:22 pm »

Turn 72

[4] Renald pushed the smoke imp off himself and backed away!

[Renald: 4, Smoke imp: 1] Wanderer drawn his short bow, aimed and shot before smoke imp could recover from pain. The arrow hit right between it's second pair of eyes, tearing it's way through skull into the brain and killing the demon!

Aaron gave all newfound brimstone chunks to Lysander. Chunks of brimstone are a symbol of the demons. Everyone should carry at least one and we have more than enough for everybody. - Pguhyuh commented on that.

Lysander can hit harder when he's got more items of demonic origin, Pghu. Sure, for day-to-day proceedings we may want to each have one, to maximize the likelyhood that someone can turn the demons neutral, but in combat, or locations where we're likely to end up in combat, it's best for him to get them all. - Aaron replied.

[2] Then dragonruler attempted to set himself ablaze with elemental maelstrom, but he failed to release even tiniest spark while in the Abyss!

[4] He shifted into ethereal dragon without too much troubles though!

[3] Thank you, I'll put them to good use. - Lysander said taking all those chunks, then shifting his cleaver into crossbow!

Combat is exactly what we want to avoid here. Demons here might be more common and stronger than in our lands.
The Abyss is a dangerous place. When using these shards, 2 portals are created: one in the location it was used and the other is on the place we want to go.
Both are portals to the Abyss and now we need to find the exit portal that was created on this side to reach the mountains and the spear.
We need to be careful and use stealth to avoid encounters. They don't like when we enter their lands and invade their territory.
- demonologist explained.

[1] Pguhyuh asked darkriders where they could find the exit portal, but they only threatened him with powerful lightning bolts shot into the sky, so he'd finally leave their fortress!

[2] The group left darkrider fortress in search of the second portal, but their journey through Abyss was extremely slow and tiring. There was no sight of the portal as well!

I've something to admit. I don't remember anything before what had happened in the fortress where I met some of you. Retrograde amnesia. We learned anatomy and other things in exorcist school. I cope with nervousness by being pretty bookish. - Serrana said as she stuck next to Pguhyuh, only for her companions to overhear. These dark spirits; they aren't against any person or people? Because I thought we were searching for an archangel. - she asked then.

Sorry, I thought I was clear before. When I use this shard, a shortcut is created with portals. This shortcut is in the Abyss, we enter from village then exit to the mountains where I'm supossed to find the demigoddess. Once we find Lyirah we will visit the Cathedral and meet Cilber. About dark spirits, I think calling them just "spirits" would be more correct. As far as I know, angels and archangels are a kind of spirit, same with dark angels, those who wnet against gods and were banished to our land. Darkriders, Darkfallen, ghosts, they are spirits too and there are many others. Some used to be human, others have been always spirits. But if they think like us, they can be reasoned with. No one wants to die. - Pguhyuh replied to the exorcist.

[4] Roboson ran away from the zombie just before it attempted to attack again. He quickly moved back towards the village that is no longer protected by any force fields.

[5] While running, he grabbed a small pebble and focused, imbuing it with energy. The pebble started floating and gathering more rocks, forming a rock golem!

[6] Enchanter raised his bow and called for help. Suddenly a cloaked figure appeared right in front of him! In troubles, are we? Let me do something about it! - waving it's heavily deformed hand that only had three fingers, the figure stopped time around Roboson and itself, then pointing it's finger at the zombie chasing him, demon erased the undead from existence.

[2] Then it took the hood off it's ugly head, revealing a deformed, demonic face. Guess that you'll need to repay me somehow, am I right? Don't worry about it now. My name is Byelesebhaub, I'll come for you when your time comes! - the demon chuckled, the disappeared!

Then let us waste no time. You go for the spear, and I'll cover for you if anything tries to attack you or get to it first. - inquisitor said.

[5] Lyirah quickly ran up to the pedestal and grabbed the spear. As she touched it, her body changed! Ugly scars turned into runic scripture, ashen skin turned into gold, and hair became much younger and healthier. Gaining possession of the weapon, large parts of her memory returned, as well as the link with her father became permanent! What's more, she restored a link with her mother, though it was still very weak.

[4] I know where we should go now! - demigoddess said, power in her voice was significantly stronger. To the east, where scholars build grand libraries. What we seek is a library on the Aenferne, the ancient realm of Daemei! - she said, forming a whirlwind of air and opening a portal within it!

[Imp: 2, Stan: 2] The demon charged at demonologist clawing wildly, but couldn't even scratch Stan's armor.

Imp: [10/30]
Smoke Imp: Dead

Undead Soldier: Erased

Dennis: [60/60]
Aaron: Spiritual dragon form, lost 6x brimstone chunks [80/80]
Reynald: [59/90]
Pguhyuh: [75/75]
Lysander: [45/45]
Serrana: [60/60]
Roboson: [1/25]
Stan: [15/20]

Smoke: [120/120]
Naablvat: [140/140]

Stumpy: [80/120]
Erlath's spirit: [180/180]
Lyirah: Restored Link [256/256]

OOC

What is the difference between protection and resistance?
5 physical protection +5 physical protection + medium physical resistance gives 75% when 3 dark protection + weak dark resistance gives 50%?

Resistance makes you receive less damage overall, while protection substracts part of it from all received damage.

I'll update sheets later. Not gonna lie - there's an awesome WoT event, and after a week of being ill and tired, I have to blast it all away.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1743 on: October 27, 2017, 01:14:10 pm »

First off, set myself on fire again. Then, pick everyone up and just fly us all to the other end of the portal.
Clearly, I need to do this myself.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2017, 04:28:31 pm by Glass »

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1744 on: October 27, 2017, 01:31:48 pm »

(Wait, don't do that. At most you will just create a portal deeper in the Abyss that would just lead us to the portal that we want to reach and who knows what creating a portal to the Abyss while already on the Abyss could do. Maybe since we can have only one portal pair open at a time, you will remove our way back and leave us stuck on the Abyss. Since you can fly and have insane rolls, you could lead the search and find the portal faster.)
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1745 on: October 27, 2017, 01:54:55 pm »

Quickly search the imp and retrieve my arrow before getting the hell out of dodge heh, puns.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1746 on: October 27, 2017, 02:10:12 pm »

A demon... great. He could have at least left me that axe instead of making it disapear *grumble grumble*

Go into town and get medical attention.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1747 on: October 27, 2017, 02:25:20 pm »

(Wait, don't do that. At most you will just create a portal deeper in the Abyss that would just lead us to the portal that we want to reach and who knows what creating a portal to the Abyss while already on the Abyss could do. Maybe since we can have only one portal pair open at a time, you will remove our way back and leave us stuck on the Abyss. Since you can fly and have insane rolls, you could lead the search and find the portal faster.)
The portal I'm making is to Cliber's place, not to your portal. Anyway, I have the power of at least +2 to all my rolls, probably +4 once I've actually gotten to that point of the action.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1748 on: October 27, 2017, 02:44:10 pm »

(Why to Cilber's place? I still have to go to the mountains to find the demigoddess and I can't return empty-handed. I don't want to split the party yet again so please let's not go to different places again while everyone does their own thing. We can still go to the cathedral after going to the mountains.)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1749 on: October 27, 2017, 04:27:56 pm »

I thought we were going to Cliber's place?
Whatever. I'll just pick everyone up and fly us all to wherever the portal is.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1750 on: October 27, 2017, 05:37:34 pm »

(That is actually a great idea. But I dobut a giant dragon would be capable of carrying everyone while incorporeal and on fire. If it fails, specify that you switch to another dragon form to be able to carry us. Sorry if I'm being annoying.)
We (Smoke and me) go with Aaron and help him find the portal while being carried by him.
The sooner we reach the mountains the better. I must find Lyirah quickly before she find the spear and leaves the place.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2017, 05:40:27 pm by randomgenericusername »

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1751 on: October 27, 2017, 05:40:41 pm »

Attack the Imp with my Book, I'll beat it over the head if I have to!
(Dark, I think you forgot about the new guy, unless he's getting in next update.)
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1752 on: October 27, 2017, 05:49:33 pm »

(That is actually a great idea. But I dobut a giant dragon would be capable of carrying everyone while incorporeal and on fire. If it fails, specify that you switch to another dragon form to be able to carry us. Sorry if I'm being annoying.)
We (Smoke and me) go with Aaron and help him find the portal while being carried by him.
The sooner we reach the mountains the better. I must find Lyirah quickly before she find the spear and leaves the place.
I have +4 to my rolls. It'll work.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1753 on: October 27, 2017, 07:06:23 pm »

"Then further east we shall go. I am eager and apprehensive to see what it is like on the other side of the mountains."
go with her, into the portal!
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1754 on: October 27, 2017, 11:16:56 pm »

A demon... great. He could have at least left me that axe instead of making it disapear *grumble grumble*

Go into town and get medical attention.
Dude, just rest. It heals you to full and refreshes all your cooldowns.
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 166