Once Dark Rolls dies?
- 2 (28.6%)
Wouldn't sequelitis kill it?
- 0 (0%)
Obligatory joke option!
- 3 (42.9%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 166

Author Topic: Undead Hunt - Dark Age Upon Us - The End  (Read 167816 times)

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Undead Hunt - Dark Age Upon Us - Fiery Aftermath [9/10]
« Reply #1875 on: November 21, 2017, 11:27:13 am »

I'm okay with a timeskip now. Was everyone going to agree to help Cilber? I think that if some refused, they would be separated from the main group during the timeskip.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
« Reply #1876 on: November 21, 2017, 11:33:22 am »

Question, though, what should happen in the timeskip?

Depends on how far you want the timeskip to go. It may be a low-distance separation, a few in-game days pass or a longer period of time, with players gaining level-ups and additional items depending on rolls.

The second game is posted!

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1877 on: November 21, 2017, 12:37:52 pm »

I think it should be a long skip. Dennis will follow P.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 01:12:59 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #1878 on: November 21, 2017, 01:11:28 pm »

Long skip sounds good. Just remember to account for bonuses, and that it's really not fun to die during a time skip because of a 1.

Reynald wasn't going to go to Cliber, and I said that I'd go either with him or Pgu based on the flip of a coin.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1879 on: November 21, 2017, 01:56:49 pm »

Y'all have death immunity during timeskip. You may PM me with new skills for your characters and sub-classes you may want to take. Depending on rolls, you may get 1 or 3 level ups.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1880 on: November 21, 2017, 05:27:04 pm »

...can one of my level-up skill upgrades be "Dragon Form is now my default form"?

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1881 on: November 21, 2017, 05:54:37 pm »

Three questions

1. As I am 1 kill away from a level up, can I get +1 to however many levels I get in the time skip?

2. Will minions level up as well?

3. Can I bind some demons over the time skip?
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1882 on: November 21, 2017, 06:08:23 pm »

Name: Aaron Blaze

Subclass: Dragonruler
Damage dealt during dragon-forms doubled
I don't remember this being a part of the subclass, but I feel like it may have been overlooked previously.

EDIT: More related to what's going on right now: can we take an upgrade to our subclass at level 10? That is, separate from the skill and skill upgrade.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 06:20:45 pm by Glass »

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1883 on: November 25, 2017, 04:22:24 pm »

Turn 75
The Timeskip

After a heated argument, the group of survivors decided to split up and head towards different directions. Two months have passed since they met at the rockspear chamber. Much has changed during that time. The corruption continued to spread across the land, even vegetation turn into monstrosities with time. The Sun has totally blackened, leaving Axewrath in constant midnight. The dead are even more vicious, dark spirits escape abyss and spread across the world, and demons started building their fortresses throughout all kingdoms. All of these events bear hallmarks of the end, the time of reckoning. This may yet change, as sudden appearance of draconic artifacts indicates that dragons may return, and the signs on dark sky suggest that ascendency of WindRock Lyirah has occured!

[3] Dennis, the Duke of Height Keep accompanied Pguhyuh and Fzbxr on their way to Unavented Cathedral. That place really creeped him out, witg countless monstrosities around him. After meeting the fallen archangel and finding out that his ox can't be brought back to life in a form other than a zombie, he left the cathedral and returned to his sit of power, to finally take a seat at his rightful throne!

[4] After searching the carcass of undead dragon that Reynald had slain and finding another draconic artifact within it's stomach - an eye of a wyvern, Aaron decided to travel to southern kingdoms - lands from which these legendary draconic species originate. Slaying countless enemies on his way and gathering more equipment, the dragonruler grown stronger. There is still a great distance to cover before reaching ancient nests of wyverns, but it would be a waste of time to go back being halfway there.

[1] The inquisitor went down the mountain to take his horse and ride out. At first he was travelling with Aaron, but a sudden demonic ambush separated them. The demon lord of pestilence attacked them as they were passing a hell pit, which was the fastest way to get through the Nackcrag Canyon. After fighting bravely and nearly defeating the demon lord, it summoned a horde of minions. Being extremely outnumbered, inquisitor and dragonruler had to escape. Aaron flied away to a nearby mountain, while Reynald was forced to run down the canyon. Dragonruler was waiting there for two days and then flied away, assuming that his companion was dead. However, Reynald managed to find shelter in one of underground caverns, then discovered a passage leading to the other side of canyon. The horde is still looking for him though.

[2] Pguhyuh and Fzbxr returned to Unavented Cathedral, where they reported their failure to persuade demigoddess into going with them to meet archangel. While Cilber wasn't pleased with it, he decided to give them another chance and assigned them to cathedral duty. After a few weeks of being denied access to the archangel, Cilber once again saw great diplomat's potential, and after Lyirah's ascendency, he was sent once again on a mission to persuade her into joining their cause.

[3] Lysander and his minions moved on with Pguhyuh to the cathedral, yet due to reasons unclear he wasn't allowed to speak with fallen archangel. After waiting patiently for a week, he decided to leave Unavented grounds and seek more demonic knowledge. He returned to Height Keep and decided to check what was in the sealed tower. It seemed that it was an arcane study, but not of the usual kind - there were numerous occult symbols carved at it's walls and a charred summoning cirlce on the floor. Lysander could feel that the touch of Abyss was extremely strong here, as if the place was a part of it! Quickly he figured out that this is the place that dread knight came from, but who created the circle? Lysander couldn't find an answer to this question. At least he has found some interesting equipment in the tower!

[2] Serrana accompanied Pguhyuh to Unavented Cathedral, but she wasn't allowed an audience with Cilber as well. The fallen archangel was busy with something of utmost importance and even Pguhuyh was allowed entry to the inner sanctum hesitantly. Exorcist spent a lot of time with undead and dark spirits at the cathedral grounds during almost whole her stay there. She had learned a bit how it is like to be a monstrosity before deciding to join Pguhyuh on a quest to find Lyirah. Curiously, while staying in the cathedral Serrana's contact with spirits has weakened, and greatly increased after leaving it.

[3] Bentfear took his time in Height Keep, spending most of it in laboratory. He found several books about brewing potions and went on several ingredient searches, during which he had to defend himself from undead. After some time, he met Dennis, the Duke of Height Keep and was ordered to find an alchemical way of restoring an ox to life.

[5] Ferron the travelling alchemist wandered around the Height county for two months, fighting undead, demons and escaping from dark spirits. During that time, he had found numerous ingredients and brewed a several quality potions, then he found a cart with demonic weapons and armors just left in the fields without any guards and took it to Height Keep.

[5] Erik Grimkelsson came literally from nowhere, escaping from horde led by the demonic lord of torment. He managed to outsmart them however and feigned his death by giving a random corpse his cloak and throwing it into corrupted vegetation that literally shredded it to pieces. Not long after his loss and narrow escape, he found a body of wandering knights. He was lucky enough that it haven't revived upon him getting in contact with it. After stripping the corpse of all the possessions, he travelled towards a hilltop fortress, the Height Keep.

OOC

Rolls below [3] don't receive any level-ups, but you still receive new items if you roll [2]. Rolling [1] for timeskip does not change anything and puts you into semi-dangerous situation. For [3], you receive 1 level-up and a few new items. For [4], you receive 2 level-ups and the same amount of new items. If you've rolled [5], you receive 3 level-ups and a huge stash of loot.

Update to character sheets coming tomorrow. Everything new will be shown there.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1884 on: November 25, 2017, 04:39:35 pm »

Search the canyon and prepare a defense in case they find me. I have no intent to go down without a fight. I will use my surroundings and the tainted land to my advantage against the horde, then challenge their Lord myself.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1885 on: November 25, 2017, 04:52:20 pm »

Can I possibly get some additional loot due to the Dragonruler subclass's bonus to loot finding?
I mean, it's a +1 for that regard, and I got a 4...

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1886 on: November 25, 2017, 04:56:42 pm »

(Team Cathedral had bad rolls :( Did my bonuses not affect the rolls? Can I atleast get some extra lore knowledge about the world?)
Seynour must know where Lyirah is, or at least know what she is searching for. With my shard, create a portal to the keep and go there with Serrana.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2017, 05:00:09 pm by randomgenericusername »
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1887 on: November 25, 2017, 05:11:58 pm »

No bonuses or penalties apply to time skip - a +4 bonus to timeskip would be too OP, and anything below -1 would be certain death.

Can I possibly get some additional loot due to the Dragonruler subclass's bonus to loot finding?
I mean, it's a +1 for that regard, and I got a 4...

You've got pretty powerful stuff without that bonus.

Can I atleast get some extra lore knowledge about the world?)

Expect a PM in a few days.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1888 on: November 25, 2017, 06:15:18 pm »

Can Glass and I get answers to our questions?
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1889 on: November 25, 2017, 06:19:33 pm »

My question had been answered in a PM, SM. Don't worry about me.
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 166