Once Dark Rolls dies?
- 2 (28.6%)
Wouldn't sequelitis kill it?
- 0 (0%)
Obligatory joke option!
- 3 (42.9%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Pages: 1 ... 160 161 [162] 163 164 ... 166

Author Topic: Undead Hunt - Dark Age Upon Us - The End  (Read 167725 times)

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
Re: Undead Hunt - Dark Age Upon Us - Afterworld
« Reply #2415 on: May 31, 2018, 02:15:58 pm »

That's the thing, you could have made it a shared victory to some degree. Pguhyuh would have cleansed the world , channeling all the formerly corrupted spiritual energy into himself for ascension while it would also significantly weaken Cilber, allowing me to finish them off and ascend myself. It could have been a double win, and instead the rug got pulled out from under me!
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
« Reply #2416 on: May 31, 2018, 02:24:38 pm »

Pguhyuh ascended because he was saved by Jeremiah. Without him, he'd be stuck in freezing torment forever. Whatever happened to Reynald, who was standing right next to Cilber when the energy was released, wasn't described. The rug wasn't pulled out from underneath him, you just have to wait for next turn and see what's going on with Reynald.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2417 on: May 31, 2018, 02:29:03 pm »

I would say that at least you didn't die, but you probably wanted to ascend too, even more than I. Pguh still had reasons to stay in the world, like Lyirah, the team, the sentient undead he meet, his home, his master, etc. He didn't really "win" in the end, as he just lost everything else.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2418 on: May 31, 2018, 02:29:58 pm »

I just saw Dark One's post regarding the next turn. I enjoyed the turn, but I went ahead and wrote an altered version of Cilber's end where Dustan's suggested outcome occurs. If you want, Dark One, you could insert this into the turn.

Oh, and can I read your spoilers now, RGN?
« Last Edit: May 31, 2018, 02:32:12 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2419 on: May 31, 2018, 02:35:17 pm »

Dustan, Dark, please recall that all Reynald needed to ascend was Cliber's eyes, which are probably at the ground in front of him right now.
Just so that we all remember.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
« Reply #2420 on: May 31, 2018, 02:37:18 pm »

I had just sent randomgenericusername a PM with stuff regarding next turn. Nothing was left of Cilber in the Cathedral. Other places though...
« Last Edit: May 31, 2018, 02:38:58 pm by Dark One »

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2421 on: May 31, 2018, 02:39:47 pm »

So... do I have a body again?
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2422 on: May 31, 2018, 02:40:22 pm »

Dennis walks over and pokes at the remains of the battle with his glaive, stirring them around a bit.

"Huh. I can't believe it. And that guy, too. Honestly, I pretty much thought he was gonna snake us eventually...But no. He actually did it. I'd like to say somethin'...impudent, you know? Somethin' to take the wind out of his sails. But no. I've got t' admit it.

Lysander saved the world."
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2423 on: May 31, 2018, 02:47:16 pm »

I had just sent randomgenericusername a PM with stuff regarding next turn. Nothing was left of Cilber in the Cathedral. Other places though...
[4] Pguhyuh's sacrifice paid off well! Cilber was completely cleansed off all his taint and corruption, then exploded, releasing a massive wave of energy that cleansed the whole world! As it moved, undead, dark spirits and demons were turned back to humans!
Actually, you basically removed all of that. Reynald is now a soldier without purpose. In your own turn, you screwed any chance of ascension OR purpose reynald might have gotten.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2424 on: May 31, 2018, 03:16:42 pm »

So... do I have a body again?
Axeworth casted Aaron and Lysander back, just before they were about to say goodbye to everyone.

[4] Pguhyuh's sacrifice paid off well! Cilber was completely cleansed off all his taint and corruption, then exploded, releasing a massive wave of energy that cleansed the whole world! As it moved, undead, dark spirits and demons were turned back to humans!
Actually, you basically removed all of that. Reynald is now a soldier without purpose. In your own turn, you screwed any chance of ascension OR purpose reynald might have gotten.

Don't worry about that, I always have a plan.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2425 on: May 31, 2018, 03:22:31 pm »

I saw that, but what do you mean by casting back, as in, I have physical for, again, or I'm cast back into the heavens?
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2426 on: May 31, 2018, 03:27:10 pm »

Unless you become the new dark Lord somehow, it won't feel right. And if you somehow do, then we have the problem of reasonably killing you within 10 turns.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2427 on: May 31, 2018, 03:28:44 pm »

Probably cast back in the heavens, it was implied that you were leaving and didn't get the chance to say bye.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2018, 03:45:50 pm by randomgenericusername »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #2428 on: June 01, 2018, 06:06:39 am »

I sadly kind of felt utterly useless through all this, and the ending. :-\

Hooray for everyone though!

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2429 on: June 01, 2018, 07:28:05 am »

You weren't useless at all. Pguh probably couldn't have survived for so long alone and it was good to at least have someone to talk to and interact with.
Pages: 1 ... 160 161 [162] 163 164 ... 166