Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 29

Author Topic: Grunts!: Second Wave  (Read 44298 times)

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: Grunts!: Second Wave
« Reply #75 on: July 02, 2017, 09:35:51 pm »

Head to destination, hopefully there's some more air there.

Platoon 2:
Designation: NL001
Class: Grunt
Inventory: Helmet, Imitation Artificial Chewing Resin Substitute
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 02, 2017, 09:41:32 pm »

Fuck that, rebreathers are for sissies. fire a bolt at the slime/encrouching sewage so it sets on fire and goes away.

Platoon: 3
Designation: BLD002
Inventory: helmet, laser carbine, backpack, 1 Imitation Artificial Chewing Resin Substitute, and a note denoting proper methods of dying in a pretty manner.

Put on the goggles and rebreather, along with the backpack, and take my laser carbine. Leave the Dart, and dredge through the slime, examining the area.
"If I die, take my chewing resin!"

Designation: sev002
Inventory: Helmet, Laser Carbine, Backpack, Imitation Artificial Chewing Resin Substitute
((OOC: Are we unofficial quote eqyptians?))

(BLD SAYS NO.))
Put on a rebriever and loot the dead guy's stuff and my stuff (even the ruined gun)
Platoon: platoon 3
Designation: FKD002 (SPZ002)
Inventory: helmet, laser carbine (destroyed), backpack, strawberry flavored ham scraping composite
Kills: Heh
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Put the rebreathers and googles. Get out of the Dart and search for a door or way to the target
« Last Edit: July 02, 2017, 10:38:48 pm by Blood_Librarian »
if you want something wacky
Quote from: ChiefWaffles, MAR Discord
I continue to be puzzled by BL's attempts to make Aratam blatantly evil

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 02, 2017, 10:10:48 pm »

Platoon: 1
Name: Pork002 Deaths: 1
Inventory: Laser Carbine, Backpack, Helmet, Ham Sandwhich in lunchbox. "Gum"

Pop my piece of gum, grab my stuff, kick down the door into the enemy ship.
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 02, 2017, 10:18:10 pm »

((Oi you! Bold your action and put it in your team color!))
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 02, 2017, 11:37:07 pm »

Go through into the room first shooting at any hostiles inside. If there are no hostiles turn around and help the others through
Lets do this!

(we are going to get renamed to the teamwork platoon if this keeps up)

« Last Edit: July 02, 2017, 11:38:49 pm by killerhellhound »
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 03, 2017, 12:59:03 am »

Air is nothing! But I need to get to the enemies ASAP!

Designation: Rak003 (Death: 2) (Minor Heretic)
Inventory: Helmet, Laser Carbine, Backpack, Imitation Artificial Chewing Resin Substitute
Kills: 0/0/0 (A Pity)
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 03, 2017, 01:44:10 am »

Heads to the destination carefully trying to not be spotted by the enemies if there would be any nearby
Platoon: 2
Designation: Pzf001
inventory: helmet,
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 03, 2017, 07:28:42 am »

Can I join? is this sheet ok?
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 03, 2017, 09:44:47 am »

((AFAIK that sheet is correct. From reading the last game joining protocol seems to be that you will be given orders in the next turn update, so be sure to stick around.))
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Felissan

• Bay Watcher
  • Hopefully not killing this game too
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 03, 2017, 10:15:21 am »

Keep running to the destination, drop-kicking any closed door in my path. Override tools are for losers! (and/or guys who didn't break them in the Dart)

Designation: Fel001
Inventory: Helmet

Spoiler: Quotes (click to show/hide)
Quote from: xkcd
I always figured you should never bring a gun to a gun fight because then you'll be part of a gun fight.

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 03, 2017, 02:29:18 pm »

Stay out of OcE007's blast zone.

Felissan

• Bay Watcher
  • Hopefully not killing this game too
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 03, 2017, 02:54:36 pm »

"Suffication is bad, time for cut! Don't stand near!"

Set explosive charge to open a way to air!

Designation: OcE007
Inventory: helmet, las carbine, backpack, cherry flavored sawdust resin perfectly disguised as standard-issue imitation artificial chewing resin substitute
Deaths: 0
Kills: 0/0/0

Platoon 2:
Heads to the destination carefully trying to not be spotted by the enemies if there would be any nearby
Keep running to the destination, drop-kicking any closed door in my path. Override tools are for losers! (and/or guys who didn't break them in the Dart)

Platoon:2
Designation: Zr001
inventory: Helmet, laser carbine, backpack, and Imitation Artificial Chewing Resin Substitute
Quote from: xkcd
I always figured you should never bring a gun to a gun fight because then you'll be part of a gun fight.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 03, 2017, 04:18:45 pm »

Silently scream about my leg, whst desperately trying to get out of here. Don't forget my carbine.

Spoiler: Hat001 (click to show/hide)

Grab my stuff, then get to safety, stopping to help anyone who is having obvious issues.

Spoiler: MC002 Vitals (click to show/hide)
Make sure the way into the pierced ship is clear, then motion for others to go in ahead of me. Don't go in until everyone else has gone. If something would prevent them from going in, other than the presence of others in the way or their own death, pull them in with me.

Designation: OS002      Deaths: 1
Inventory: Helmet, Laser Carbine, Backpack, and Imitation Artificial Chewing Resin Substitute
Markers: Faith 1/5, Squad 1/5
Kills: Minor 0/0

So...what do counters do, again?
Standard 0/0
Major 0/0 (First is current grunt, second is all OS grunts)

Go through into the room first shooting at any hostiles inside. If there are no hostiles turn around and help the others through
Lets do this!

I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 06, 2017, 04:16:14 am »

Hmm. It occurs to me that I haven't discussed artificial gravity in this game yet. SO I'm going to say, for now, that on your home ship, you have no idea how gravity works. On this particular enemy ship however, it works via rotation. You have all slammed into the sides of a ring (not the outside, like where a tire would meet the road, but the side.) This means that down is toward the outside of the ring, and gravity is higher the lower you are.

Platoon 1: (6) you find yourselves in light gravity toward the center of the ring. +1 to move and strength rolls. -1 to dexterity type rolls.
Platoon 2: you are within the normal gravity zone, but on the heavy side, somewhat low on the ring.
Platoon 3: down in the sewers, you are in heavy gravity. -1 to move rolls and feats of strength.

Platoon 1
Silently scream about my leg, whst desperately trying to get out of here. Don't forget my carbine.

Spoiler: Hat001 (click to show/hide)

Grab my stuff, then get to safety, stopping to help anyone who is having obvious issues.

Spoiler: MC002 Vitals (click to show/hide)

Make sure the way into the pierced ship is clear, then motion for others to go in ahead of me. Don't go in until everyone else has gone. If something would prevent them from going in, other than the presence of others in the way or their own death, pull them in with me.

Designation: OS002      Deaths: 1
Inventory: Helmet, Laser Carbine, Backpack, and Imitation Artificial Chewing Resin Substitute
Markers: Faith 1/5, Squad 1/5
Kills: Minor 0/0

So...what do counters do, again?
Standard 0/0
Major 0/0 (First is current grunt, second is all OS grunts)
The way is clear, and you motion the others in ahead of you.

Mark your Chewing resin as chewed 1/x.

Lets do this!

(1) The ship is your enemy. You punch the ship. it clangs. your fist is bruised.

Platoon 1 Death roll
I don't know what to do. A platoon, acting in an orderly and cooperative manner? This ... this doesn't happen. The Oficers on high weep silent tears of joy, knowing, as they do, from across the Void, that you all make it into the room in one piece each, and as a team. You get a +1 on your next collective death roll. Collective, mind you, meaning a death roll that affects the whole platoon, not individual attacks.

Anyway, you all climb through the iris and drop onto the floor a couple feet down. The air is leaving this room, through your broken Dart. Yellow Pressurization lights are flashing. (6) You all rush out into the next corridor and the last one through slams the airlock button, sealing off the depressurized room. Since that was a six, you guys rush into a hall filled with The Other GuysTM. Lucky you, time to kill!

Platoon 2
"Suffication is bad, time for cut! Don't stand near!"

Set explosive charge to open a way to air!

Designation: OcE007
Inventory: helmet, las carbine, backpack, cherry flavored sawdust resin perfectly disguised as standard-issue imitation artificial chewing resin substitute
Deaths: 0
Kills: 0/0/0
(4) you set the charge with the big red arrows pointing toward the door, as per the instructions. You then step to the side, and pull the cord, and the door makes a coule quick bang sounds, then falls forward into the hall.

Platoon 2:
(3) you run through the recently opened door, and down the hall.

(5 )you leap out and lead the way, rushing throug hseveral sets of doors, down two flights of stairs, and along another, silent corridor. You come up short at an intersection, and consult your HUD. Left is the destination, just ahead. "Let's go, guys," you say to the thin air beside you.

(4) you run down the hall, and through two sets of doors. You are nearing the first set of stairs toward the destination.

Platoon:2
Designation: Zr001
inventory: Helmet, laser carbine, backpack, and Imitation Artificial Chewing Resin Substitute
You and OCe007 get hte door open and watch your more gung-ho squadmates rush headong into the unknown. well, meatshields are useful too, right?

Platoon 2 Death rolls
(5)(2)(2)(3)(5)
The two of you who remained behind step through the blasted doorway and trigger the emergency airlock, which seals immediately behind you.
NL and Fel are shot at from the stairwell - looks like some enemies came through just after Pzf went through.
NL is maimed, and Fel is seriously wounded (which combines with his other serious wound into a maim).
Meanwhile Pzf is shot from behind and is also maimed. Not to mention, cut off from his allies.

Platoon 3
Fuck that, rebreathers are for sissies. fire a bolt at the slime/encrouching sewage so it sets on fire and goes away.

Designation: BLD002
Inventory: helmet, laser carbine, backpack, 1 Imitation Artificial Chewing Resin Substitute, and a note denoting proper methods of dying in a pretty manner.
... Okay, let's do that, then. (2) you miss. Well, I was hoping, for sure.

Put on the goggles and rebreather, along with the backpack, and take my laser carbine. Leave the Dart, and dredge through the slime, examining the area.
"If I die, take my chewing resin!"

Designation: sev002
((OOC: Are we unofficial quote eqyptians?))

(BLD SAYS NO.))
(6) you wade through the gap and fall into the room. Lucky you, you are outside of the sewage tank itself, though the sewage is leaking into this room as well. You look about and see that the room is rather large, and contains six massive tanks arrayed in two lines. The floor is a metal grate, and below that is a rough metal floor, about three feet down. the whole look ofthe place suggests that sewage spills in here are common. Now, you rolled a six, so you get a side effect of your success. I confess I was a bit stumped about that, but your friend one post up yields a perfect effect. You get a friendly fire death roll! yay! (3) chose either a serious wound, or the loss of a piece of equipment (rifle, backpack, helmet.)

Put on a rebriever and loot the dead guy's stuff and my stuff (even the ruined gun)
Platoon: platoon 3
Designation: FKD002 (SPZ002)
Inventory: helmet, laser carbine (destroyed), backpack, strawberry flavored ham scraping composite
Kills: Heh
a worthy endeavor. (3) you now have two torn backpacks, and a few broken carbine bits. You have to carry these in hand, so you are somewhat limited in your actions.

Put the rebreathers and googles. Get out of the Dart and search for a door or way to the target
(4)you follow sev into the sewage room.

Can I join? is this sheet ok?
You can, and it is. Welcome to Space Hell, Grunt!

you are now with platoon 3. you are in a dart rapidly filling with sewage, and rapidly emptying of teammates. Except the crazy guy shooting the shit. That guy is still there. Laughing his ass off. And shooting a laser at the sewage. And missing.

Platoon 3 Death rolls
mhm. We'll have two rolls. First, how much does the Dart fill with sewage this round? (5) not much. Still only knee high or so.
Second, is anyone guarding this place? anyone armed? (5) You see and hear no one besides yourselves.

Instructions for next round:
Respawn: No one died, so no respawn this round.
Newbies, pick a platoon and post your action in that color, as if you are with that group already.

Platoon 1(5) Your HUDs indicate a worthy target indeed! You are heading for Command! (6) In fact, you are just outside one of the major security checkpoints heading into command. Lucky you, you already hear laser fire, shouting, and explosions! Why, that sounds like higher level Grunts! Soldiers, Shooters, Demolitions guys, Heavy Weapons dudes! You are in the thick of it now, fellas! Your objective is to support the Higher level squad. unfortunately, you are in a position directly between said squad and squad's target.

Platoon 2you are spread out between your objective and your starting point. Four of you are on the floor yo ustarted on, and one of you is down below, cut off from the rest of you by a squad of The Other GuysTM. Kill and regroup.

Platoon 3Glub Glub motherfuckers.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 06, 2017, 04:22:50 am »

Try and get some cover, patch up wounds using Resin substitute as best as I can.

Platoon 2:
Status: Serious Wound, Minor Wound, Suffocating (1/3), Maimed
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 29