Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 111

Author Topic: Beginner Emblem: Call of Kovitz IC thread. The End.  (Read 79097 times)

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"...What did the bandits take from you? Who did you love so much to slay hundreds or even thousands for revenge?"

"And then, how will you stop the cycle of revenge? Every time you kill, someone loses a family member just like you did. What if they want to take revenge on you? And if you kill them, wouldn't it just cause even more people to become exactly like you, seeking revenge until their deaths?"

"In the end, was it worth the suffering?
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

"Short answer? My mother and me. All because of some stupid rumor that old herbwoman Brannon had hidden treasure. Stupid. The only gold Marigold Brannon had was in her name and in her heart."

He pointedly dragged his thumb across his throat.

"I was thirteen when they cut me from ear to ear to make her talk. She had been telling them the truth the whole time - there weren't any riches to be found - but they didn't want to listen. So they took an axe to her and set our home on fire for wasting their time. They should have made sure I was dead. None of them are alive now to regret it."

"I don't know how many men I've killed, Seraphiel. Too damn many is probably the only answer, but where does that start? One man? Ten? Fifty?"

Vahn let out a smoke-laden sigh.

"I don't doubt there are those out there that want to kill me. Revenge, or fame, or some misguided attempt at justice since I'm evil incarnate. All I have to say to that, is if they want the honor they'd damn well better hurry because they don't have but a few months left to test their steel on me."

"I can't say that I know if it was worth it or not. You ask the people I've helped, they'll be grateful their livelihoods were protected but they'll still flash the sign of the evil eye when they mention me. I can't complain because that's my own fault. It's up to a higher power than me to judge if I've lived a righteous life, but I like to think that all the suffering I ended or prevented outweighs any I caused."

The warlock lowered his cigarette for a moment to flick the ash onto the table.

"There's one Brannon in heaven already, at least. If there isn't room for two I won't begrudge her her spot."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"I don't think she would have enjoyed seeing you turn into one of the most feared men in the country. You talk as if there wasn't a way back and that you will be judged, but you are still alive and can always drop your revenge and search for an alternate way to do justice and good to "redeem" yourself and change your life for the better. If the bandits that caused you so much pain are already dead...!"

Seraphiel suddenly gets up from the table and slams his hands on the table.

"And if we are chosen, we should take it as a second chance! Live your life! Don't waste it on having revenge and then choose to die because you think you deserve it or because you finished your job, or anything like that! After we are done with this, I want you to go get a proper doctor, fix your health problems, retire, form a family and peacefully die of old age!"
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

"I appreciate the concern. Hell, you're probably the first person to actually worry about me in a long time."

"I almost forgot what it was like."

Vahn stood as well, though it took him considerably long than Seraphiel and his bones and joints audibly popped into place as he moved.

"Not so loud, if you please. Anyway, your request, that's something easier said than done. What's going to kill me is going to kill me. If there's a cure for it, it hasn't been found yet. I knew that a year ago."

"What I want has nothing to do with it. We already talked about the fact people do want me dead. That's not something I can walk away from, and it's something I accepted. What's the old saying? 'Live by the sword, die by the sword?' I'm too damn old to be a proper father anyway, even considering that I might have a kid or two around somewhere. Hell, maybe grandkids by this point."

He picked up his pint and finished it off, before setting it carefully back on the table.

"And yeah, you're right. She'd smack the hell out of me, and for good reason. She raised me better than this. But let me ask you something: if you lost your entire family because of someone's greed and maliciousness, if someone murdered the only person who had ever given a damn about you just for the hell of it and tried to kill you too... don't you think you'd go a little crazy?"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"I would have tried to fight back. I would have tried to leave it behind and move on."

"People wants you dead because you made them hate you. Because you made them fear you. How can you care and worry so little for your own life and future? Have you ever wanted to do something else like having a job? Friends? A home? You are still alive, so live for those who are dead. You still have time left."

Lyca

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Anna listened half-heartily at the tales of Vahn, and mostly kept to herself. Her left side of her body pulsated from the battle. Having been damaged and nearly fully unconscious on the battlefield, then healed through magic and vulneraries multiple times, she was more exhausted than any previous military excercise before. Her eating was slow, but still regular enough to not raise suspicion.

For these many injuries, he still carries himself well. Damn. And I'm already complaining after just one battle...

Anna looked around, and failed to make out the nomad who joined them in battle and who had rescued her.

Hey, anyone knows where the horseback archer is?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

"People want you dead because you made them hate you. Because you made them fear you. How can you care and worry so little for your own life and future? Have you ever wanted to do something else like having a job? Friends? A home? You are still alive, so live for those who are dead. You still have time left."

"I can't argue that; my fate is of my own making, same as everyone. And that's why I'm not worried. I'm reaping what I've sown, and I'm not going to call it unfair or waste what time I have left on self-pity. What will be will be."

"Bah, I'm too old for settling down and honest work. I'm a decent hand at herablism but there are probably apprentices better than I am; my only real skills are killing people and spinning a good yarn. And I'm trying to give the friends thing a shot now."

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"I have always believed that fate was an excuse people used to avoid making an effort to change their behavior. I like to think that the future can always be changed if we want to. If we make an effort together, it will be a change for the better."

"Just have faith that the future will turn out to be far better than you expect, but also, have faith in yourself!"

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Jaromir shakes his head when he hears Anna.

"I don't think that he came in here with us. You might have to go looking for him."
Just ask yourself: What would a mobster do?
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile

"I must admit I have never thought one way or another about fate, although, responsibility can tie as easily."

Felicia lets out a sigh

"That said, even if your course is set the intent and meaning can change, in your case you could forsake the vengeance and only fight to protect, if that is your wish."
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Actually, I haven't seen the archer rider either. I'll try to find out where did he go."

Seraphiel walks away and leaves the Inn, trying to find where did Jackal go. It was getting late.

Shogus00

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Jackal lied in the forest. Shooting at targets placed intermittently. He pulled back his bowstring and let an arrow fly at one about 30 yards away. The arrow barely nicked it, leaving a small notch in the wood.

Damn...

He nocked another arrow to try again.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Damn...
"Uh... Jackal? It was Jackal, right? Are you there? Everyone was worried because we couldn't find you anywhere. Why don't you come with us? There is food at the Inn and everyone was waiting for you to show up."

Shogus00

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sorry friend, but there is no rest until my job is done. I must fast and be honing my craft at all hours. Rest assured I will provide assistance when you need me
Jackal let the arrow fly
Bullseye. He put down his short bow And I rather need to chat with mustachioed man about a job

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile

Grelen steps out from the trees.

"Well aren't you glad I came along. What was the job you had in mind?"
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 111