Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 111

Author Topic: Beginner Emblem: Call of Kovitz IC thread. The End.  (Read 79124 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner Emblem: Call of Kovitz IC thread. Chapter 5: An All-Out Assault.
« Reply #1500 on: December 21, 2018, 07:46:33 pm »

Vahn held out the pouch of broken staff shards.

"I think we've found our traitor. He went out to a ruined house in the woods and never came out. When I went in after him, I found only these shards - no hidden doors, no other routes of egress. I don't know for sure what these are but I think they're related to how he got away. Can you confirm?"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1501 on: December 21, 2018, 08:29:30 pm »

Grelen accompanies the guards back to town.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #1502 on: December 22, 2018, 03:01:33 pm »

Yuri, with Grelen likely behind, burst into the church, seeing Vahn and Seraphiel, but not Domenico.

: Is Domenico here?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1503 on: December 22, 2018, 03:28:01 pm »

"No, he's not, and I have some very bad suspicions about where he went."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1504 on: December 22, 2018, 03:43:02 pm »

"Hey, Yuri. Did Donenico have access to sleep staves?"
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1505 on: December 22, 2018, 03:49:18 pm »

: I'm not privy to the staff business, but it had to be him. Seraphiel should know if he talked with him about it.

Shogus00

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1506 on: December 22, 2018, 06:41:22 pm »

Jackal joins back up with the rest of the party.
Apologies, Grelen did everything go okay with your tailing mission?

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1507 on: December 22, 2018, 07:58:11 pm »

While identifyinf the staff's shards, Seraphiel replies to Vahn and Yuri.

"These shards seem to be from some sort of teleporting staff. While I'm more speciallized in healing staves, these support staves are fairly rare and unique."

"Yes, I talked with him and you're not wrong, Yuri. I had been suspicious about him since the day he warned us about the hiden mines. Yet, that's also the reason I've thought he might not exactly be against us."

"If he was the spy, why would he bother to even help us at all in the first place? If he hadn't told us about the secret entrance, the bandits hiding in the abandoned mines would have gone completely unnoticed by us...."

"Yuri, how much do you know about Domenico? Did he have any friends or family? For how long has he been in Kovitz? While I'm almost certain he's the spy, there must be something we're missing..."
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1508 on: December 22, 2018, 09:43:01 pm »

"All checked out, the guards were doing as they said. Me and Yuri got robbed by a man in a hood with sleep staff."

Shogus00

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1509 on: December 24, 2018, 05:13:46 pm »

"All checked out, the guards were doing as they said. Me and Yuri got robbed by a man in a hood with sleep staff."
A sleep staff...it wasn't that guy with the creepy eyes was it?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1510 on: December 28, 2018, 06:43:44 pm »

Vahn suddenly made a connection in his mind.

"...I can't believe I didn't realize he was the traitor sooner! I'm such an idiot!"

He turned to Seraphiel.

"I should have suspected when he was the only one to tell us of that druid's hideout, and I just remembered something he said: he was going to try to oust Magruder as leader of the gang. Domenico only told us to look for the hidden cavern because he knew we would wipe out their traitors for them!"

For a second Vahn trembled in rage, but then he laughed, bitterly and quietly, at himself.

"He must have known that all he had to do was point me at bandits. And now everything we talked about with him, he's likely told Magruder. This is terrible."

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1511 on: January 02, 2019, 06:48:24 am »

: Hmph. I wish I had figured that out sooner as well. He doesn't have any family here, but he comes from one of the towns in the area that were attacked by the bandits, so he's probably had some connections previously. He moved to the town here a few years back... gathering information is my guess. But there's no time to waste, we know where Magruder's base is, and soon they'll know that we know and move out. The chance to wipe out Magruder is now, so you need to set out as soon as possible.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1512 on: January 02, 2019, 06:53:42 am »

"I'm going to kill him slowly. It will take days. He'll envy the fate Magruder is going to receive at our hands."

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1513 on: January 04, 2019, 09:48:37 am »

"Calm down, Vahn. He'll have the punishment he deserves. I still think there's something off going on, so I would prefer if we tried to capture Domenico instead of killing him if we happen to find him while we assault Magruder's hideout."

"...So, is everyone ready? Did we restock on medicine and weapons? If so, then I see no reason to not just leave right now as everyone seems to be here and ready. The sooner we stop the bandits, the better."
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1514 on: January 04, 2019, 02:57:22 pm »

"No. He needs to suffer. This isn't the first time he's infiltrated a community, gained their trust, and then opened their gates for Magruder. I can't abide a traitor."

Vahn turned to Yuri.

"Don't worry. They ARE going to be wiped out - but you and your militia need to stay here. They might be expecting a full-force attack and set aside some people to try to attack while the town is defenseless. This group should be enough to handle whatever's down there."

Vahn stalked out the door of the church, clearly expecting the others to follow him.
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 111