Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Would you support Iridium's rebellion if he becomes an animal person of some sort?

Yes
- 13 (46.4%)
No
- 15 (53.6%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 203

Author Topic: (SG) SPAMOVERLORD: Epilogue: Guest Week  (Read 291795 times)

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
Re: (SG) SPAMOVERLORD: Chapter II: Ice and Fire
« Reply #1185 on: January 25, 2018, 08:42:13 pm »

B: Find some excuse to take them away. As a wise man once said, violence is not the answer. Violence is the question. The answer is YES!

Also invoke Chandler's Law and have someone walk in with a gun
« Last Edit: January 26, 2018, 12:45:40 pm by Kilojoule Proton »

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: January 26, 2018, 12:14:04 pm »

Well, this is going depressingly slow.

Omada and Roboson, you're tiebreak. We have cornered the rebels, but Padelheb is trying to take credit. You can pick:

Glass's plan: Turn to the rebels and help them instead.
KJP's plan: Find some excuse to get them away from here
Paxie's plan: Tell them off and refuse their help.
At least we killed the boy and hurt an old man.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: January 26, 2018, 12:36:56 pm »

glassplan: a chance to win this game, but we will stop being the evil empire and win the game easy mode, no, I want to create a group of rebels to justify our unjustifiable acts

kjp: bye reinforcements

paxie: fuck off

Why we are concentrating so much effort into destroying someone that will be destroyed by the fourth wall? damn, it's possible that the heroes might try to kill padel, and we can do a xanatos gambit from it padel wins the close fight= we enter and kill him because he is weakened, heroes win= they are weakened, we storm in and capture them and end this movie invoking the trope of Bolivian army ending, the emperor get's mad and order us dead because we killed his advisor in front of him?= okay, we are on the righteous side of history and the fourth wall will help making Erin the emperor

really, just go with paxie's plan saying that foreign help might be prejudicial because they don't have terrain advantage, but just say that their help against the rebels in future situations after field training will be greatly appreciated (but put someone to watch them, they might try something tricky)

When we capture them or force them into negotiation tables we can make them follow our plan of "helping" the rebellion into defeating something worse than us "hey we give you weapon and equipment if you eliminate this target, if you win we help making some kind of monarchy get back and we use you to eliminate corruption before corruption eliminate us" and we try to make the xanatos gambit of it

I was also planning on just KILL THEM but whatever.

we need to invoke Murphy's bullet and More dakka often, it's just a way to make sure the heroes are hit

Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: January 27, 2018, 10:12:43 pm »

Whelp, based on new info, I say we commandeer the masers and have Padel's men fuck off.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: January 29, 2018, 05:54:57 pm »

“Look,” says Celling. “You’re operating way outside your jurisdiction. This is our country, our land. We know how it works, and you should tell Padelheb that if he doesn’t want trouble-”

“Yes, if he doesn’t want trouble, he should leave,” interrupts Fansworth. “Like you told Douem Pychim, right before you imprisoned him.”

“That was totally with cause-”

“I’ll see you about it later,” says Fansworth. “I have no love for politicians and bureaucrats, I’m just here to do my job. Besides, I have information that you don’t.”

“What is it, then?” asks Roboson.

“You’ll want to let me stay.”

“We’ll be the judge of that,” says Celling. “Out with it.”

Fansworth looks at him. “Goonswarm,” he says evenly.

Celling gapes before saying. “A fourth wall brea- I mean, what’s Goonswarm?”

“I found some additional data on this pier. Your records-officer was surprisingly open once I told him that Padelheb sent me,” Fansworth explains. “This pier has been linked to the activities of the Goonswarm Federation.”

“And that is?” Roboson demands.

“The largest smuggling, counterfeiting, and extortion ring this side of the Antarctic Circle,” Fansworth answers. “The arm of the Mittani is long. They’re expert spymasters. I wouldn’t be surprised if most of your men are on their payroll. Mine, on the other hand, are straight from Antarctica. You know nothing about the enemy here. I do. That's why you should let me help. I can trust my people. Can you trust yours?”

Your response?
« Last Edit: January 29, 2018, 05:57:25 pm by blueturtle1134 »
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1190 on: January 29, 2018, 05:57:45 pm »

"The enemy is the rebels. Not some supposed criminal ring that you're so boldly claiming has compromised my men. Unless you give us proof contrariwise, that will continue to be the case."

Note: please other people also vote and give suggestions.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: January 29, 2018, 07:35:54 pm »

"Give us proof that these guys are linked with the rebels and we let you stay, if they're a criminal scum the last thing they want is rebels operating and calling open attention of the government, maybe it will make things easier for us"
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #1192 on: January 29, 2018, 10:45:46 pm »

"Oh, the classic 'I'm not your biggest enemy tactic!' Did you really think we'd fall for it? Well, too bad, rebel scum!"

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: January 29, 2018, 10:55:06 pm »

"Oh, the classic 'I'm not your biggest enemy tactic!' Did you really think we'd fall for it? Well, too bad, rebel scum!"
Wait, we're accusing the Antarcticans of being rebels?
...while I can see this maybe working, I think I'd like to see some ideas first on how to get around the inevitable backdraft we'd get. What things could you think of to "prove" that they're rebels? If we can't do that, what's our Plausible Deniability? How do we get around the fact that they've got the first models of the government-produced masers? Etc.

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: January 30, 2018, 09:02:51 am »

...while I can see this maybe working, I think I'd like to see some ideas first on how to get around the inevitable backdraft we'd get. What things could you think of to "prove" that they're rebels? If we can't do that, what's our Plausible Deniability? How do we get around the fact that they've got the first models of the government-produced masers? Etc.

Maybe we could contact the king directly about pandelhelbs usurpation of power? If we could get another part of the government to recognize him as being rebellious that would greatly help our cause, no?

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: January 30, 2018, 09:32:25 am »

Maybe we could contact the king directly about pandelhelbs usurpation of power? If we could get another part of the government to recognize him as being rebellious that would greatly help our cause, no?
Blue, how is the government structures and who fills each position, and what relationship did each of these people have with each other last we'd heard?

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: February 02, 2018, 12:32:06 pm »

There is a king, whose position is inherited, and he appoints various Heads and Ministers of various things. They, in turn, appoint various boards and subcomittees that run the government. The king has the final say in all things but usually leaves the day to day running of the country in the capable and reasonable hands of the bureaucracy. There are Barons and Earls, and they appoint similar governments that only have jurisdiction over particular areas.

King Karatstoz is quite reasonable, but getting old and no longer takes and active part in running his country. The most important appointed officers are the Prime Minister, General of the Army, and Guardian of the State. Padelheb is the GotS, the other two are reasonable but I haven't introduced them yet.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #1197 on: February 02, 2018, 04:57:44 pm »

There is a king, whose position is inherited, and he appoints various Heads and Ministers of various things. They, in turn, appoint various boards and subcomittees that run the government. The king has the final say in all things but usually leaves the day to day running of the country in the capable and reasonable hands of the bureaucracy. There are Barons and Earls, and they appoint similar governments that only have jurisdiction over particular areas.

King Karatstoz is quite reasonable, but getting old and no longer takes and active part in running his country. The most important appointed officers are the Prime Minister, General of the Army, and Guardian of the State. Padelheb is the GotS, the other two are reasonable but I haven't introduced them yet.
1. Introduce Miko to Karatstoz
2. Chop choppity slice
3. ? ? ?
4. Success!

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: February 05, 2018, 03:43:39 am »

[please don't die on us most glorious game.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1199 on: February 05, 2018, 11:27:14 am »

Before Celling could answer, he sees something behind Fansworth. “David!” he shouts.

David Eborrenial is indeed running towards Celling. Over his shoulder, he carries a large, gray bar of metal. Behind him are a red-headed girl and a boy carrying a suitcase.

“Who’s this?” asks Fansworth.

“Future psychic. Don’t ask,” replies Roboson.

“David! Why are you-”

“Decided that I’d had enough of having to get a llama every time I had to communicate with the outside world,” he says. “I've wired up a telegraph to your base.”

“How did you find out where it is?” asks Roboson.

David sighs. “I'll give you three seconds to guess.”

He failed.

“Precognition. Dummy,” Eborrenial answers. “And who's this?” he continues, pointing at Fansworth.

Fansworth extends his hand. “Colonel Fansworth. The Guardian of the State sent me to-”

“Padelheb is a pompous self-centered bastard that won't think twice about screwing you over to further his own goals,” answers David flatly. “Also, you shouldn't be too hung up on your wife Johanna leaving you, she's been cheating with Tom Pylem for the last four months.”

Fansworth gapes. “How could you possibly know that?”

“I'll give you three seconds to guess,” replies David. “Also, this is Angela-” he pointed at the redhead behind him, “-and this is Carlos.”

“What's the stick for?” Roboson asks.

“Oh, that!” answers David. “I forgot to show you that while you were at my place. See, the founder of the Protinam also constructed the Pillar of Time, a twenty-foot pole of zinc-mercury alloy sheathed in petrified wood and emblazoned with electrum runes. It broadcasts a repeating psychic signal into the timestream, allowing us Visionaries to make predictions based off particular locations.”

“Oh… kay?” says Celling.

David Eborrenial hefts the pole of metal he's holding in front of him. “Well, I made a little version. The real thing isn't portable, you see. The shape of the mountain as a whole actually magnifies our abilities while we're in the temple thing, but having a point of reference in the vicinity should let me make predictions fast enough for you to adapt your tactics as needed.”

He pushed the pole to an upright position. “Any questions?”

Exactly 12 hours to post questions…
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 203