Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Would you support Iridium's rebellion if he becomes an animal person of some sort?

Yes
- 13 (46.4%)
No
- 15 (53.6%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Pages: 1 ... 142 143 [144] 145 146 ... 203

Author Topic: (SG) SPAMOVERLORD: Epilogue: Guest Week  (Read 290751 times)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: (SG) SPAMOVERLORD: Chapter III: World's Fall: Chandler's Law
« Reply #2145 on: November 05, 2018, 04:20:16 pm »

"Listen. One: if you guys think you can successfully fight off a god here and now, feel free to try. I don't think you'll be able to, though, and I do think we'll be more successful if we can get some time to actually figure out a plan. Two: you already know we've got snipers here, if I wanted you detained or dead you'd have been shot a while ago. Three: I am fully willing to release those of you we've captured previously if you come with us, because we're going to need all the help we can get.
Understood?"

More options for how to move by sea than by rail, harder to predict. Let's take the boat.

EDIT: action retracted.
Rebels don't know how to fix the key; dedication activates it.
Secondborn won't be here for hours, so the rebels will think we were full of shit and betrayed gem.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2018, 04:44:28 pm by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2146 on: November 05, 2018, 06:38:33 pm »

Ask for subplot resolution? Subplot resolution you will get!

Stats list check:

• +1 military
  • +2 scientific
  • +1 informational
  • -1 political
  • BONUS: Scientific designs get one die automatically 4
  • BONUS: D7s are rolled on anything relating to Wenton Celling
  • Fingerprint scanners on military base doors
  • Uplifted dogs
  • Lobotomized child soldiers called “Cherubs”
  • Plans for a shield against Andantesite wormhole disruption, although power-intensive and requiring a lot of Andantesite
  • Large, cracked Andantesite shard, ready to link
  • Radio-frequency Andantesite disruptor - 14.03 hour working time
  • Loading of wormhole onto SFN Pylos planned, to follow Magellan back home
  • Hammerspace parrot
  • Venomous implants for dogs
  • Hammerspace disruption masers, although in control of Padelheb Fansworth

Plot points to be resolved:
  • Interrogating captured rebels
  • Armen DeMarco
  • Order of the Stick
  • Padelheb’s remaining supporters
  • PETA
  • T. Levin’s exile

Let’s just pick one of these at random to resolve. A while ago, we captured Ensign Armen DeMarco, who was temporarily aligned with the rebels due to anger at her brother being converted into a Cherub. We agreed to let her speak with her brother after she rejected the rebels.

(Note that this series of events may have taken place at any point before the present confrontation)

After a brief consultation with some other military men, Celling steps back into the interrogation room where former Lieutenant Armen DeMarco is being held. She sits quietly on a plain chair, hands folded and resting on the desk in front of her, back straight and tilted forward slightly.

Celling steps around the chair across the table from her and leans idly with one hand planted on its side. “Look, Armen, we can’t let you go off completely free. You did turn against the Republic-”

“Which I’m not disputing, and which I take full responsibility for-” Armen interjects, sounding somber and somewhat annoyed.

“-but we see no need to make you face the full consequences of such a thing. You were deceived by Jacob Eldin and dragged along under false premises. You’ll probably serve time for some smaller charge, a few weeks at most.”

“And my request to see my brother?” Armen asks firmly.

“You will be allowed to. We will remove all mental blocks from him, he’ll speak to you freely, but you must understand, we will have this entire thing under surveillance.”

Armen sits quietly, seeming to consider this for a moment. “Show him in,” she says at last.

Two-way mirrors make it far too clear that the subject in question is being watched, cause distortions due to imperfect manufacturing, and when used on a large scale are a waste of glass, so Strategist Roboson had installed simple camera obscura equipment into the walls of all interrogation rooms. He flicks off the lights in the adjacent room, and a crystal-clear image of the room Armen is sitting in pops into view in front of Celling and Roboson, projected from an inconspicuous hole in the wall. A wire linked to a microphone in the table provides audio.

Armen’s brother walks into the room. Only a tad over twelve years old, he nevertheless stands almost as tall as a grown man because of the exoskeleton pieces wrapped around his legs and feet. His torso is covered in segmented white armor, making him look like a cross between a balloon man and a millipede, and his arms are sheathed in gauntlets designed to accommodate a wide range of weapons integrated in. A smooth metal covering like an eggshell covers his head, removing any trace of hair, and his ears are plugged with radio communicators. His face looks completely out of place in the mass of armor, peering out of a square-cut hole in the helmet, eyes, nose, and mouth completely normal and surrounded by things that are distinctly, awfully, not. He walks in with large strides, swaggering yet unsure, looking like he’s walking on stilts.

Armen stands up cautiously, regarding the half-man half-machine in front of her, then runs up to hug her brother. Her arms barely reach around the ballooning mass of armor, and it takes a few seconds before Tommy DeMarco wraps his metallic arms around him in turn. Armen looks up, tears in her eyes, and asks, in a strained voice, “Tommy… what have they done to you?”

“They… they told me what to do,” Tommy DeMarco answers. His voice is exactly that of a small child, and suddenly the towering, armored soldier seems very small, as if he were a shriveled thing within a massive shell. “There was a voice telling me what to do, I did what it said… I ran, I shot…”

Armen and Tommy tearfully reunite for a few more minutes, before Armen steps away and turns in place. “I know you’re listening, Celling,” she mutters. “And I’m willing to cooperate under one condition. I’ll tell you everything you know about the rebels, and help you fight them, if you release my brother and let him go home.”

Celling stands up to open the door and enter the interrogation room. Strategist Roboson stops him. “Wouldn’t recommend it, Celling. Her intel is likely absurdly old by now if it was even correct in the first place.”

“We’re planning on rolling back the Cherub program anyway,” Celling says, standing in front of the door. “We gotta reverse what we did to these kids. Let’s start with this one.

“Yes, then you do that, but letting this Cherub walk free means that there’s someone out there with full knowledge of the Cherubization procedure and what they were made to do. In the hands of someone that’s already betrayed us once over the Cherub program. You really want to give that much ammunition to the people protesting against it? We really don’t need that information out there.”

“If it’s the information that’s the matter, why can’t we just remove it?” says Celling. “Quill has a quite impressive bank of memory-altering chemicals stored away somewhere.”

“That could work,” Roboson agrees. “But I’m not entirely sure that they wouldn’t find a way to break past it eventually, or that it won’t cause problems for him to wake up with all these modifications and no idea what happened to him. You could also just leave the mental programming in so we can control whatever he says and does.”

What do you decide?

A: “No. We’re going to do the right thing. Release Tommy DeMarco without altering his mind further.” (No roll, but chance of future complications)
B: “We can release him, but the info in his brain is a state secret. We’re going to block out those memories with Quill’s memory serum, and tell Armen that she’s going to have to live with that.” (Scientific roll to block out, d6 roll on Armen’s reaction)
C: “Block out the memories, but don’t notify Armen. She’ll likely think that it’s PTSD or something. It’ll make her more cooperative and less likely to pry.” (Scientific roll to block out, future complications on bad roll)
D: “Leave the mental monitoring equipment on. We’ll just make sure he doesn’t say anything.” (Chance of future complications)
At least we killed the boy and hurt an old man.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2147 on: November 05, 2018, 06:52:43 pm »

I'm thinking C. We have a +2 to scientific.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2148 on: November 05, 2018, 07:26:15 pm »

SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #2149 on: November 05, 2018, 07:39:33 pm »

+1

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (SG) SPAMOVERLORD: Chapter II: Ice and Fire: Scry v.s. Scry
« Reply #2150 on: November 05, 2018, 08:01:12 pm »

Gonna use an old quote of mine

Is your role just to +1 whatever Glass says.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2151 on: November 05, 2018, 08:20:17 pm »

But that was to Rockeater
And I already sigged it

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2152 on: November 05, 2018, 08:43:51 pm »

Let's do B, blame Padelheb and Tyrant's character for the creation and usage to absorb the political fallout, then point out the fact that one is dead and the other is exiled as a way to show that we're improving the government. To the public, I mean. We'll speak more directly to DeMarco after we hear her reaction.

She is, after all, in the midst of some form of military or government building and has the potential to be charged with treason. Her reaction cannot and will not harm us if we choose not to let it.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #2153 on: November 05, 2018, 09:08:43 pm »

+1

Let's do B, blame Padelheb and Tyrant's character for the creation and usage to absorb the political fallout, then point out the fact that one is dead and the other is exiled as a way to show that we're improving the government. To the public, I mean. We'll speak more directly to DeMarco after we hear her reaction.

She is, after all, in the midst of some form of military or government building and has the potential to be charged with treason. Her reaction cannot and will not harm us if we choose not to let it.

+1

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #2154 on: November 05, 2018, 09:08:59 pm »

Didn't read the last two pages, I am going to do this.. tomorrow with luck? but as a side plan to think about

call secondborn to order of stick world,  he will be ONE GOD among others gods and god slaying heros.
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2155 on: November 05, 2018, 09:36:49 pm »

+1

Didn't read the last two pages, I am going to do this.. tomorrow with luck? but as a side plan to think about

call secondborn to order of stick world,  he will be ONE GOD among others gods and god slaying heros.
Oh yeah, we have OotS access. :D
Yo Blue what quest are those dudes doing right now? Is it a filler arc?
How many adventurers have tried to do incursions into the "new dungeon"?

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2156 on: November 05, 2018, 09:37:56 pm »

None presumably. It hasn't been long enough for Redcloak to even leave, yet, and the goblins (well, mostly hobgoblins) stay put when he does leave. Unless this newfound hobgoblin society produces any adventurers, we'll probably not see any for awhile yet.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2157 on: November 05, 2018, 10:24:50 pm »

I already made self in character and did the whole blame me thing.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2158 on: November 05, 2018, 11:39:16 pm »

Yes, but I don't think it's technically happened yet at the time of the current event.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2159 on: November 06, 2018, 12:39:13 am »

Yes, but I don't think it's technically happened yet at the time of the current event.

Or that Armen knows
Pages: 1 ... 142 143 [144] 145 146 ... 203