Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13

Author Topic: ETA for the next release  (Read 22519 times)

Stormfeather

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ETA for the next release
« Reply #75 on: October 29, 2017, 10:35:18 am »

You don't have to play the new release on the day it comes out, you know.

They.... they're English words... they should make sense.... but I cannot comprehend. *blink*

SmileyMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 30, 2017, 06:48:54 pm »

Any time in the next month that I'm away from my computer for a few days (quite a bit...). :(
I'm currently looking for a new job, so I seriously suspect the date will be the day I start a new one!
Right, new job sorted, starting Wednesday, so that's the release date nailed
In a fat-fingered moment while setting up another military squad I accidentally created a captain of the guard rather than a militia captain.  His squad of near-legendary hammerdwarves equipped with high quality silver hammers then took it upon themselves to dispense justice to all the mandate breakers in the fortress.  It was quite messy.

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 30, 2017, 07:03:17 pm »

It's gotten delayed by easily another fortnight, judging from the new dev log, not quite as ready to go as we were expecting.

2 days for each, bugs a indeterminate amount of time, hmmm 16th November.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 30, 2017, 07:18:26 pm »

4 more things at 4 days, including the day devblog was posted, makes for a November 1st release. It's true, a sinister fella with dwarf-bone piercings told me...

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 30, 2017, 07:20:12 pm »

I'm still gonna guess the first week of November. Anything more specific than that is tough to say.
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

funkydwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 31, 2017, 02:34:03 pm »

I just hope he hasn't forgotten to put in a a memory address output so we can get the third party tools up and running quickly. He mentioned it so long ago...

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 31, 2017, 04:33:17 pm »

I just hope he hasn't forgotten to put in a a memory address output so we can get the third party tools up and running quickly. He mentioned it so long ago...
And several times throughout the update. Why not ask of you think it's something he might forget? Fotf reply is due in a few hours.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2017, 05:23:11 pm by Shonai_Dweller »

TKR101010

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 02, 2017, 06:39:53 pm »

You don't have to play the new release on the day it comes out, you know.
I'm with Stormfeather. *blink*

Playing the new version on or as close to release day as possible was my exact motivation for learning to play DF entirely as-is, without the help of LNP, DFHack, etc. :P

Interestingly, once I started playing DF in just the native ascii I started doing so in other rogue-likes I play and have been enjoying them a lot more as well. :)

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 02, 2017, 10:30:09 pm »

I am quite confident it will be in the next 2 days. Unless something comes up in testing, which would push it a week. I've been along for the ride for a decade and am somewhat familiar with Tarn's release work. He isn't like most developers(I've worked with a lot). He has no motivation to rush this new release since the month has turned over.

Releasing on the weekend allows more people to test rapidly and provide faster turnaround for bug reports. Then he can rest a few days and push the first patch. I'm positive we are giving this more thought than he is. I'll be jumping for joy when it drops, just like all of the others. Please dig deep and donate this month, whether or not you have before.
Only a simple mind can be certain.

EPM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 04, 2017, 11:59:03 am »

He isn't like most developers(I've worked with a lot). He has no motivation to rush this new release since the month has turned over.

DF's support model helps with this too. No need to worry about the holiday season release window.

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 04, 2017, 03:19:30 pm »

DF's support model helps with this too. No need to worry about the holiday season release window.

Exactly. He's into November's donation window now. I imagine releasing early in the month will garner more donations, following a new version that is. You get more occasional donors as well as the gratitude donors when new iterations drop. Of course, I would think that they will garner the same overall cash but perhaps having that money in November would help more with the holidays. As usual, this is all just semantics. They will release when it's ready- pontifications be damned.

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 08, 2017, 01:05:29 pm »

Today or tomorrow. Maybe Friday.

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 08, 2017, 02:48:30 pm »

I'm getting so antsy for this release since I know it's coming any day now. *fangirl squee*
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 08, 2017, 02:54:19 pm »

I'm getting so antsy for this release since I know it's coming any day now. *fangirl squee*

Me too. I don't really feel like playing anything since I will just have to abandon it when the new release comes. Same thing with playing DF now. Everything in life seems pointless or on hold until the new version drops.

Suddenly feeling like my life is sad.

deathpunch578

• Bay Watcher
  • local satanist practices black magic in cornfields
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 08, 2017, 02:58:44 pm »

Today or tomorrow. Maybe Friday.
I'm thinking its going to drop on the weekend.
Someone hands you a basketful of Jeses.
Cheerful with a side of wink wink nudge nudge I bet this guy's spine would look great mounted on my wall.
You ever get so mad you fuck a donkey?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13