Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 72

Author Topic: Survive (10/10, Endgame)  (Read 133804 times)

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
Re: Survive
« Reply #45 on: August 27, 2017, 07:31:01 pm »

Logic dictates that the more vibrant mushrooms are poisonous. Then again, fungi are weird. Guess I'll just eat the brown Mushrooms, then get back to mining around. Ponder the nature of the earth; how humans are naught but tiny specks compared to its massiveness, and yet dirt can be naught but a tiny speck to humans.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2017, 07:38:20 pm by Coolrune206 »
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 27, 2017, 07:35:36 pm »

Let's take the +1 to fishing.

Keep fishing and contemplating the current of water. How does it affect where the fish go? Does it cause the fish to cluster in any spots? Where are these spots? If I can see any, fish in those spots specifically.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Transcendant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 27, 2017, 07:46:30 pm »

Keep foraging, preferring strawberries and blackberries. Contemplate the nature of ... nature?

Again, food = good. Also, can I contemplate nature magic while foraging? Just a thought. Might be fun.
Forager, farmer, druid progression long term? Up to you. Can't hurt to ask.

P.S. I don't personally care how many people play. Just trying to team play for resources. That's our best chance to survive. Food, shelter, etc. Build from there.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2017, 07:50:15 pm by Transcendant »

johiah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 27, 2017, 07:55:42 pm »

Please allow just one more person!
Name: Aumrath Elaris
Appearance: A lithe, young man with piercing blue eyes, short brown hair, and angled jaw, and red robes
Skills: None yet.
Items: Sword, Pickaxe, Fishing Rod, Hoe, Axe, Watering Can
Health: 10/10
Hunger: 10/10

Contemplate on the mysteries of fire, how it changes the wood without touching it, how to make it burn better, longer, and hotter.

We need to make this an avatar the last airbender roleplay.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2017, 08:03:42 pm by johiah »
Quote from: AoshimaMichio
Oh no, you won't laser my death star.
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 27, 2017, 07:58:17 pm »

((Desperate sprint to discover magic begins, apparently.))
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 27, 2017, 07:59:08 pm »

Nix

Harvest more mangoes.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

johiah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 27, 2017, 08:12:06 pm »

((Desperate sprint to discover magic begins, apparently.))
Honestly I kind of want to get magipunk tech going, but I am going to start with something simpler, like fire.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 27, 2017, 08:14:51 pm »

Magitech is always fun. :)

johiah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 27, 2017, 08:18:53 pm »

Yeah but I am going for specifically steampunk stuff powered by magic.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 27, 2017, 08:23:32 pm »

leave it behind for now. If I can figure out how to get a smaller one, I might do that.
Go hunting for mice, like I originally planned!
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 27, 2017, 08:25:00 pm »

((If anyone back at base has any free time while meditating, it would be really handy if you could take your pickaxe to the stream and start piling clay from the riverbed on the shore. Extra points if you lay it out in bricks to dry.))

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 27, 2017, 08:59:39 pm »

Stab my sword into the wolf's belly.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
Re: Survive (9/10)
« Reply #57 on: August 27, 2017, 09:32:49 pm »

"So this is what I can be capable of? This...are you capable of this, kitty? Can your fluffy mind even comprehend philosophy, kitty? Hmm...has everyone else realized this, independently of me? No...I know what I shouldn't. Someone's foraging in the caves. Wait, there are caves?! This knowledge, I should't have! Forbidden to my viewpoint! Ia, Ia! Metastur F'taagn!"

Be briefly crazy, and attempt to use water manipulation to send water into my face and wash my mind of this knowledge.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Dwayna DragonFire

• Bay Watcher
  • DragonFire Forever
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 27, 2017, 10:36:18 pm »

(I think I'll do a hard limit of 10 for now, as there's a lot to keep track of. Anyone past that point will go onto a waitlist.)

Logic dictates that the more vibrant mushrooms are poisonous. Then again, fungi are weird. Guess I'll just eat the brown Mushrooms, then get back to mining around. Ponder the nature of the earth; how humans are naught but tiny specks compared to its massiveness, and yet dirt can be naught but a tiny speck to humans.
3 It appears the rules still apply for Brown Mushrooms being edible, at least. They're not very nourishing, though. At least you're more attuned to the earth? And you got an ore. -2 Brown Mushroom, +1 Copper Ore. +1 Hunger. Skill Unlocked: Earth Magic Rank 0. Next Rank: 0/10 EXP. Spells: None yet.

Let's take the +1 to fishing.
Keep fishing and contemplating the current of water. How does it affect where the fish go? Does it cause the fish to cluster in any spots? Where are these spots? If I can see any, fish in those spots specifically.
1+1 = 2 It looks like your fishing streak is at it's end. You wait for a while, and get zero bites. You start to feel hungry again. -1 Hunger. Lost Status Effect: Full.

Keep foraging, preferring strawberries and blackberries. Contemplate the nature of ... nature?
3 The ripe berries seem to be running low for today. However, you feel more attuned to nature and the earth. -1 Hunger. +1 Strawberry, +1 Blackberry. Foraging Rank Level Up: Choose a perk: +1 Maximum Health, +1 Maximum Hunger, or a one time permanent +1 bonus to Foraging checks. Next Rank: 0/15 EXP. Skill Unlocked: Earth Magic Rank 0. Next Rank: 0/10 EXP

Name: Aumrath Elaris
Appearance: A lithe, young man with piercing blue eyes, short brown hair, and angled jaw, and red robes
Skills: None yet.
Items: Sword, Pickaxe, Fishing Rod, Hoe, Axe, Watering Can
Health: 10/10
Hunger: 10/10
Contemplate on the mysteries of fire, how it changes the wood without touching it, how to make it burn better, longer, and hotter.
1 You look too deep, you see the horrors that fire can bestow, and you hunger for it... it burns and gnaws at you wanting to consume you -

Everything is suddenly back to normal, except one thing. A mysterious red cloaked figure stands before you, tutting softly before speaking in a feminine voice.

"Yeah, no... no. I think I'm going to like... ban you from Fire Magic for a while until you can learn to control your mind better."

She weaves a rune way too complex for you to comprehend. As soon as she came, she's gone again. -1 Hunger. Gain Curse: Unable to Use Fire Magic.

Harvest more mangoes.
3 Perhaps learning from last time, you shake a tree and a mango falls out. You obtain Mango x1. Foraging Rank 0: 1/10 EXP.

leave it behind for now. If I can figure out how to get a smaller one, I might do that.
Go hunting for mice, like I originally planned!

5 You leave the pack behind at camp. Maybe someone else could use those tools? Either way, you go to find some mice to hunt down, and you manage to find a few big juicy rats instead. Since it's in your nature to kill them, you don't tire from it. You lose your starting items. You obtain Rat x5. Skill Obtained: Hunting Rank 0. Next Rank: 0/10 EXP.

Stab my sword into the wolf's belly.
4 The wolf leaps towards you, straight into your sword. It dies, impaled upon the blade. This whole thing has made you a bit tired. -1 Hunger. Combat Rank 0: 5/10 EXP. Angry Wolf: Dead, impaled on Landon's sword.

Be briefly crazy, and attempt to use water manipulation to send water into my face and wash my mind of this knowledge.
2 You lose it a bit in these strange new revelations. Your spell fizzles and you take a sudden quick nap. When you wake up, you feel less energized than before. -1 Hunger, -1 Mana.

A strange, blue hooded figure in the distance shakes its head at you.

Spoiler: Current Statistics (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 27, 2017, 10:58:20 pm by Dwayna DragonFire »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 27, 2017, 10:37:59 pm »

Did you include the +1?

Anyway, keep fishing and considering the movement of water.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2017, 10:40:37 pm by Glass »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 72