Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 72

Author Topic: Survive (10/10, Endgame)  (Read 134051 times)

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: Survive (10/10)
« Reply #375 on: September 25, 2017, 05:43:16 am »

I understand the owl is fighting for its family. That being said, NONE SHALL STAND IN MY WAY. Hawk Claw Strike the bastard!
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: September 25, 2017, 11:20:00 am »

Use forge in building to turn 1/2 of the chopped wood into pieces of charcoal. Consider the nature of burning and how charcoal can still burn well despite being thoroughly burnt.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

johiah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: September 25, 2017, 03:22:55 pm »

Head back up and keep fishing. Cook the fish and eat until I am full. The sword will keep following me, unless continuing to keep it active drains mana, in which case it will sheathe itself.
Quote from: AoshimaMichio
Oh no, you won't laser my death star.
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating

Dwayna DragonFire

• Bay Watcher
  • DragonFire Forever
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: September 25, 2017, 06:09:08 pm »

Day 2: Cloudy (2 Turns)

+1 to combat please.
Eat some of my charcoal to cure myself of poison. Then gather a bunch of spider webbing, meat, and venom glands. See if I can find any giant spider eggs.
3+1 Well what do you know. Charcoal can be used to cure poisons. You're no longer poisoned, but you don't exactly feel very well. You quickly gather up some of the stuff you wanted and decide it might be best to avoid any giant spider eggs. Lost Status: Poisoned. You obtain Spider Web x3, Spider Meat x2, Spider Venom Gland x1.

Go out, find a beaver, and make it my familiar.
Also, if you need food, just take some from me. I've got plenty. Only take one or two pieces, though.
2 You wander around for a long time and you don't find anything. -2 Hunger. You give a fish to Jeb so he doesn't starve, and a couple to Billy Bob. -1 Smoked Fish, -2 Cooked Fish.

Valosh immediately turns and dashes out of the mine; pausing only to grab his tools if he has time. If he gets caught, he casts minor harm on the scorpion and hopes that staggers it.
4 You successfully run away from the mines without getting hurt by the scorpion, taking your tools back before scurrying up the ladder. -1 Hunger, Regain Tools.

Leave the other strawberry for others; go forage/farm for more strawberries. Plant half of what I get to expand the farm. Contemplate some earth magic while I do.
3+2 You successfully leave your strawberry at camp and gather a bunch more strawberries, planting some to expand the farm. You gain a little bit more knowledge on earth magic.
-1 Hunger. You now have Strawberry x5. Foraging Rank 2: 10/20 EXP. Earth Magic Rank 3. Next Rank: 18/25 EXP. Gain Spell: Simple Animal Companion (1 Mana, 1 Use Only)
Farming Level Up! Choose one: +1 Maximum Health or +1 Maximum Hunger.

That's not true! Tigers love water, and most short haired cats don't mind it either!
lick myself dry and clean, then continue exploring without slipping on something and falling into a river..
5 Determined to break stereotypes, you brave the steps of this outcropping and stumble upon the ruin of a house. Judging by the moss, it's been here for quite some time. -1 Hunger.

eat more food
2+1 Thanks to Aaron, you don't completely starve. +3 Hunger.

Harvest some of the carapace and the mandibles from the centipede to make some awesome shoulderpads or bracers or shinguards or something. Then go eat and try to recover spirit, mana, and health.
6 You accidentally stab yourself on its teeth whilst harvesting its resources, making some shoulder pads out of it. Aaron gives you a couple of fish to help you replenish your health, and it's only after you rest that you realize you don't feel so well. That centipede must have had poisonous venom.
All resources replenished. You obtain Centipede Shoulderpads. Hunting Rank 0: 5/10 EXP, Tailoring Rank 0: 5/10 EXP. Gain Status: Full, Poisoned.

I understand the owl is fighting for its family. That being said, NONE SHALL STAND IN MY WAY. Hawk Claw Strike the bastard!
3 You kill the owl, leaving the babies parentless. You're still bleeding from the cuts. -1 Health. Combat Rank 1. Next Rank: 7/15 EXP.

Use forge in building to turn 1/2 of the chopped wood into pieces of charcoal. Consider the nature of burning and how charcoal can still burn well despite being thoroughly burnt.
5 You successfully turn some of the chopped wood into charcoal. You contemplate the nature of fire until you feel like you know how to control it.
+2 Mana, -1 Hunger. You obtain Charcoal x3. Fire Magic Rank 0: 8/10 EXP. Gain Spell: Control Fire (1 Mana)

Head back up and keep fishing. Cook the fish and eat until I am full. The sword will keep following me, unless continuing to keep it active drains mana, in which case it will sheathe itself.
5 The sword still seems to be animated for now, so it follows you. You catch some fish. -1 Hunger. You obtain Fish x5. Warning: Low Hunger.
Fishing Level Up! Choose one: +1 Maximum Health, +1 Maximum Hunger, or a one time permanent +1 bonus to Fishing.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 06:11:35 pm by Dwayna DragonFire »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: September 25, 2017, 06:11:58 pm »

Find a beaver and make it my familiar. Its name will be Canadia.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

johiah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: September 25, 2017, 06:13:55 pm »

+1 to fishing rolls
cook and eat my fish. Smoke half of them.
Quote from: AoshimaMichio
Oh no, you won't laser my death star.
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: September 25, 2017, 06:22:45 pm »

Return to base camp. Eat some fish, then relax and let my body recover.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: September 25, 2017, 06:48:02 pm »

Make a small fire and cook then eat some spider meat. Then find a tree to meditate in.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: September 25, 2017, 10:33:27 pm »

Think a little more about Fire mana (upgrade would be for +1 mana), and harvest a few strawberries.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Transcendant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: September 25, 2017, 10:48:19 pm »

+ 1 Health.
Eat until full, forage for more food.Probably blackberries.

(I'm sorry. Things are nuts right now, but I also don't want to hold up the game).
« Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 05:18:31 pm by Transcendant »

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: September 26, 2017, 12:54:00 am »

Develop an Abjuration or Spirit magic spell to neutralize or purge the poison. If that doesn't work, find and eat some charcoal.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: September 26, 2017, 04:35:38 am »

Butcher owl, take meat, bandage up cuts with torn clothing.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: September 26, 2017, 07:24:06 am »

meditate on divination magic
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: September 26, 2017, 02:16:09 pm »

looks nice and cozy! Let's do some hunting and try to get a quick meal here. Maybe try for some fish?
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Dwayna DragonFire

• Bay Watcher
  • DragonFire Forever
    • View Profile
Re: Survive (9/10)
« Reply #389 on: September 26, 2017, 10:27:20 pm »

Day 2: Cloudy (Last Turn, Night Approaching)

Find a beaver and make it my familiar. Its name will be Canadia.
6 You find a beaver and quickly throw out the spell with all of your charcoal, binding the animal to you for life. You feel like it understands its new name, and how you feel somewhat, and you also feel inexplicably attached to it now. Should the beaver die, you're sure something bad would happen to you.
-1 Hunger, -2 Mana, All charcoal removed. Spirit Magic Rank 0: 5/10 EXP. Gain Familiar: Canadia the Beaver, 5/5 Health. Abilities: Dam Builder (Lumberjack +1, Building +1). Water Beast (+1 Fishing)

+1 to fishing rolls
cook and eat my fish. Smoke half of them.
6 You cook up your fish, accidentally burning a couple and yourself a little bit in the process. You eat up the cooked fish and keep the smoked ones to yourself.
-2 Health, +6 Hunger. -8 Fish. You obtain Smoked Fish x3. Cooking Rank 0: 5/10 EXP.

Return to base camp. Eat some fish, then relax and let my body recover.
1 You scramble towards camp and bumb into something soft, falling over onto your butt.

"Well well well," greets the purple robed individual, the only thing visible a sadistic grin. "If it isn't my favorite little plaything. Causing trouble and then trying to avoid it? How cute. You should know better than to try to avoid Fate itself, my dear... Karma is truly a beautiful thing, isn't it? I believe I shall enjoy having you as a servant... a skeletal servant, of course."

A flash of black light extends from her hand, and your vision blots out. -3 Health. You have died.

Make a small fire and cook then eat some spider meat. Then find a tree to meditate in.
6 You start a campfire near a tree and cook up a piece of spider meat, having a meditation after that. You snap out of your meditation to find that the tree has caught on fire, and you're stuck in it.
+5 Health, +3 Hunger, Mana replenished. Cooking Level up! Choose one: +1 Maximum Health, +1 Maximum Hunger, or a one time permanent +1 bonus to cooking.
Trapped in a burning tree.

Think a little more about Fire mana (upgrade would be for +1 mana), and harvest a few strawberries.
5 You feel strengthened by your thinking and you harvest a bunch of strawberries. You obtain Strawberry x5. Foraging Rank 0: 9/10 EXP. Fire Magic Level Up: +1 Maximum Mana.

+ 1 Health.
Eat until full, forage for more food.Probably blackberries.
2+1 You eat all your strawberries and grab a blackberry. +3 Hunger. Consumed all strawberries. Obtain Blackberry x1. Foraging Rank 2: 12/20 EXP.

Develop an Abjuration or Spirit magic spell to neutralize or purge the poison. If that doesn't work, find and eat some charcoal.
1 That doesn't work, because you feel quite ill over it. You vomit. -2 Health, -2 Hunger.

Butcher owl, take meat, bandage up cuts with torn clothing.
4 You successfully take some owl meat and tear up your own clothes to help absorb some of that bleeding. You obtain Owl Meat x2. Lost Status: Bleeding.

meditate on divination magic
4 Your meditation session feels quite refreshing. +2 Mana. Divination Magic Rank 1: 12/15 EXP.

looks nice and cozy! Let's do some hunting and try to get a quick meal here. Maybe try for some fish?
6 You go to catch a whole bunch of fish. Unfortunately because the cold of night is beginning to set in, you catch a chill as well as a cold.
-2 Hunger, Gain Status: Ill. Skill Unlocked: Fishing Rank 0. Next Rank: 0/10 EXP. You obtain Fish x7.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 10:31:25 pm by Dwayna DragonFire »
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 72